The Civil Conflict! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Civil Conflict!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bad idea by Bob.

Tragic career mistake for whoever is managing the UConn twitter account. Its a bad idea. But it was an internal bad idea. Putting it on twitter made it a public bad idea. UCF's reaction to the tweet made UConn a joke.

Reaction Score
Bad idea by Bob.

Tragic career mistake for whoever is managing the UConn twitter account. Its a bad idea. But it was an internal bad idea. Putting it on twitter made it a public bad idea. UCF's reaction to the tweet made UConn a joke.

you know the funny thing about this is, I have a feeling UCF did know and let UConn roll it out, then claimed they didn't know just to make us look dumb. Ucf 1 UConn 0 in the civil rivalry

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As if the last three seasons of 5, 3, and 2 win seasons weren't embarrassing enough, were subjected to this?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Diaco has a long way to go to be Schiano Jr. A bowl game would be a start. There is a lot of the same talk. One of Schiano's lines "someday our best, will be enough to beat their best" sounds an awful lot like something Diaco would say.
Yes. Both guys were the only ones paying attention to motivational speakers when they were young men.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This idea is reminiscent of the awful mechanical husky growl thing that got bad reviews and was canned. Bobby isn't coming up with the best #branding and #fanengagement ideas, but at least he's trying so in that department he's 0.5 ahead of PP and RE. Maybe he can get the bad ideas out while we're losing and nobody notices and then let someone else handle the branding stuff when the team is back to being mediocre /average.

Reaction Score
Oh come on. People need to lighten up. The more I think about it, the more this amuses the hell out of me. Hey, if you're going to suck, you might as well have a sense of humor about it. Just sucking and being all serious about it isn't any better, people. Stop pretending if we stare solemnly at this dumpster fire, it'll be something other than a dumpster fire.

LIVE A LITTLE.

Reaction Score
Oh come on. People need to lighten up. The more I think about it, the more this amuses the hell out of me. Hey, if you're going to suck, you might as well have a sense of humor about it. Just sucking and being all serious about it isn't any better, people. Stop pretending if we stare solemnly at this dumpster fire, it'll be something other than a dumpster fire.

LIVE A LITTLE.

100% agree. This whole situation is absolutely absurd, but the flip side is when was the last time there was any discussion of UConn football on June 1?

Diaco is generating enthusiasm and interest. For a program that has had nothing but misery and misfortune for the last four years thanks to poor coaching and conference realignment doesn't it feel good to be talking about an actual football game for once?

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that this is a ploy by Diaco to get his team cranked up to win a game that could put the Huskies at 3 - 3 or.... 4 - 2 for the first half of the season. Even he must realize the landscape, the history, enough to know that the Florida teams just aren't an appealing rival for Connecticut fans when we've been used to Pitt, Syracuse, BC, Rutgers and WVU for so many years. Why wouldn't he make that rivalry trophy with Cuse? They come up on the schedule, just not this year. That would make a heck of a lot more sense. UCF? Even if we beat them to take hold of the division lead..or lose to them to lose the division lead it still won't be a rivalry game, not like playing Cuse will be the following year.

Diaco..just win a ton of games, focus on that. The fans will come, the seats will be filled but you have to win a bunch of games first. You want to have a rivalry game worthy of a trophy anyone around here would give a sh.....hoot about? Get BC on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Lol. Reading here today. Believe it or not, I talked about UCONN football today with some real people. Questions were if single game tickets were on sale yet for both Army and Navy. Something must have alerted people recently that there will be a football season. My response was that I would let them know when single game tix are available because I'll probably get an email, but after the last few seasons I wouldn't be concerned about getting good seats.

I am still in active negotiations with my wife about football game policy for the fall. Nova, Army and Navy are a given boys only w labor day thurs and army and navy, but I'm trying for some road trips too. But we've f'ikjng sucked for years now. That makes the sale difficult.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am still in active negotiations with my wife about football game policy for the fall.

That sounds like...

A CIVIL CONFLICT!

CGb_HNRWg_AAMi_Ej.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That is NOT good.

Headline:
UConn Promotes 'Rivalry' Game with UCF, Knights Deny Any Involvement
It won't be the first time something was denied publicly:

(this one's for Palatine)

Reaction Score
you know the funny thing about this is, I have a feeling UCF did know and let UConn roll it out, then claimed they didn't know just to make us look dumb. Ucf 1 UConn 0 in the civil rivalry
I hope you are right. Should motivate our team.

Reaction Score
I hope you are right. Should motivate our team.

I don't think UCF is smart enough as an institution to do something like that. I'm not saying they're stupid, but they're stupid.

Reaction Score
I don't think UCF is smart enough as an institution to do something like that. I'm not saying they're stupid, but they're stupid.
Diaco might have outdone UCF. I am impressed. Dude's got a big mouth. He's going to have to back it up with wins.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that this is a ploy by Diaco to get his team cranked up to win a game that could put the Huskies at 3 - 3 or.... 4 - 2 for the first half of the season. Even he must realize the landscape, the history, enough to know that the Florida teams just aren't an appealing rival for Connecticut fans when we've been used to Pitt, Syracuse, BC, Rutgers and WVU for so many years. Why wouldn't he make that rivalry trophy with Cuse? They come up on the schedule, just not this year. That would make a heck of a lot more sense. UCF? Even if we beat them to take hold of the division lead..or lose to them to lose the division lead it still won't be a rivalry game, not like playing Cuse will be the following year.

Diaco..just win a ton of games, focus on that. The fans will come, the seats will be filled but you have to win a bunch of games first. You want to have a rivalry game worthy of a trophy anyone around here would give a sh.....hoot about? Get BC on the schedule.

Those rivals were already long gone by the time Diaco entered the scene last year. That's on Edsel and Pasqualoni for not capitalizing on those rivalries and making them trophy games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My fear is Diaco is either delusional or is having a breakdown. Fortunately, he is probably just an an incredibly tone deaf numbnut.

Reaction Score
This reminds me of Anchorman, when Ron Burgundy (UCF) just wants to go to a restaurant and have a nice meal (play football) but the guy who runs the place (UConn) wants him to eat cat poop (play for the Civil Conflict award).

In the end the manager got his wish and Burgundy ate the cat poop....and loved it!

Bring on the trophy!

Reaction Score
On the bright side, at least he's being "colorful" (the rainbow colors of vomit) given the present conference scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom