The Civil Conflict! | Page 13 | The Boneyard

The Civil Conflict!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's saying the right things for our conference even.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If he talks more nonsense but the coaching gets better then he can talk all he wants, that's not the important part.

What a gigantic sack of BS. If coaching improves, you and your brethren of head hunters will bellyache even louder about what he says to the media. All you care about is "being right", and if the team improves, that's the one argument you have that Diaco is harming the program. We could go 15-0 as UConnDan97 suggests and you would still be whipping out your pitchfork over some offhand comment he made.

Also I understand concerns about recruiting, but you could not have articulated yours more poorly. You don't write any recruiting class off as a failure until it sees the field, no matter how angry you are at the coach that brought the kids in.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Also, all of you complaining about UConn being a national laughingstock all of a sudden: is this a new development? Did you watch this past season, specifically the SMU game? Nobody's going to say "They lost to the worst team in DI, but their coach knows how to handle the media so that sorta evens it out!"

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think this idea just went net positive assuming he beats UCF.

Oregon was mocked for their ridiculous uniforms until they started winning.

BD and the boys will need to walk the walk or this will be a huge embarrassment now that a handful of people are watching. The game will get media mentions now when it otherwise wouldn't.

I don't know what his intent was beyond locker room motivations, but it is definitely generating buzz. Front page of ESPN.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What a gigantic sack of BS. If coaching improves, you and your brethren of head hunters will bellyache even louder about what he says to the media. All you care about is "being right", and if the team improves, that's the one argument you have that Diaco is harming the program. We could go 15-0 as UConnDan97 suggests and you would still be whipping out your pitchfork over some offhand comment he made.

Also I understand concerns about recruiting, but you could not have articulated yours more poorly. You don't write any recruiting class off as a failure until it sees the field, no matter how angry you are at the coach that brought the kids in.

Sure thing giant beer.

I've been a UConn football season ticket holder about as long as you've been alive.

I've been to godforsaken places like Newark DE, N. Kingston RI and Amherst MA for 1-AA games.

That you've decided anyone who criticizes Diaco cares more about being right than the program might be about the least accurate thing that has ever been written here and that is saying something.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Sure thing giant beer.

I've been a UConn football season ticket holder about as long as you've been alive.

I've been to godforsaken places like Newark DE, N. Kingston RI and Amherst MA for 1-AA games.

That you've decided anyone who criticizes Diaco cares more about being right than the program might be about the least accurate thing that has ever been written here and that is saying something.

I'm talking specifically to one individual. His name is not whaler11. In an earlier post, I mentioned a group of people who have been connected to the program for a long time with well-founded, legitimate criticisms of Diaco based on tangible observations. You were included in that group, and as such I tend to take it much more seriously when someone such as yourself brings up criticism.

You are not the jack@$$ who has brayed "I'm right, and you're wrong!" about Diaco ad nauseam here, giving some of us the impression that that particular poster does care more about being right than the program. But that refers to just that particular poster, not all critics of Diaco. You are not patting yourself on the back because he did not succeed this year, and you are not boasting about predicting his poor performance. If I had a problem with something you said on this topic, I would quote the post and refer to points that you yourself made specifically.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don't criticize people who are doing job better than I could. But I know I wouldn't have been stupid enough to create this trophy. Whoever dreamed this up is an idiot.

Hopefully this will be forgotten, but that's not going to be easy because we're in the same damn division as UCF. We play them every year.

Reaction Score
All I know is that the only game that matters to me at this point is UCF. The season will be a failure if we go 12-1 with a loss to UCF (in which case, HCBD will need to be fired). Also, I will jump out of a moving car if someone from UCF is driving (so long as there is a soft hill and plenty of leaves to break the fall). Go Huskies!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Change UCF to KATE UPTON and rivalry to boyfriend/girlfriend and you kind of get a sense that BD is a a little creepy:

Whether (KATE UPTON) honors it, I will honor it, I don't have control over that so who cares. She doesn't get to say whether she is my girlfriend or not. I might not be her boyfriend but she doesn't get to say whether she is my girlfriend, that is for me to decide. For me it is pretty clean and clear because those are things we have control over. For me it is exciting, it is fun. If you embrace it you embrace it, if you don't you don't. There was nothing before so if you don't embrace it there would still be nothing. If you do even a little bit it is more energetic and exciting. For me that is what [weird ass stalking] is.

"Why do I have to call her to say that I've targeted her as my girlfriend, period. What control over that would she have? What do I care what she thinks? If they doesn't want to wear my friendship bracelet, I don't care about that either.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Change UCF to KATE UPTON and rivalry to boyfriend/girlfriend and you kind of get a sense that BD is a a little creepy:

Whether (KATE UPTON) honors it, I will honor it, I don't have control over that so who cares. She doesn't get to say whether she is my girlfriend or not. I might not be her boyfriend but she doesn't get to say whether she is my girlfriend, that is for me to decide. For me it is pretty clean and clear because those are things we have control over. For me it is exciting, it is fun. If you embrace it you embrace it, if you don't you don't. There was nothing before so if you don't embrace it there would still be nothing. If you do even a little bit it is more energetic and exciting. For me that is what [weird ass stalking] is.

"Why do I have to call her to say that I've targeted her as my girlfriend, period. What control over that would she have? What do I care what she thinks? If they doesn't want to wear my friendship bracelet, I don't care about that either.

UCF is not Kate Upton. UCF is the slightly cute girl who works at the concession stand who looks better because all of her coworkers are fat dudes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm talking specifically to one individual. His name is not whaler11. In an earlier post, I mentioned a group of people who have been connected to the program for a long time with well-founded, legitimate criticisms of Diaco based on tangible observations. You were included in that group, and as such I tend to take it much more seriously when someone such as yourself brings up criticism.

You are not the jack@$$ who has brayed "I'm right, and you're wrong!" about Diaco ad nauseam here, giving some of us the impression that that particular poster does care more about being right than the program. But that refers to just that particular poster, not all critics of Diaco. You are not patting yourself on the back because he did not succeed this year, and you are not boasting about predicting his poor performance. If I had a problem with something you said on this topic, I would quote the post and refer to points that you yourself made specifically.

My apologies for jumping on you.

You said brethren which sounded like multiple people.

I understand not liking his tone or attitude - but two things:

1. I'm pretty sure he'd like to be proven wrong.
2. There is a chance even if some don't want to accept it that he is completely right.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
My apologies for jumping on you.

You said brethren which sounded like multiple people.

I understand not liking his tone or attitude - but two things:

1. I'm pretty sure he'd like to be proven wrong.
2. There is a chance even if some don't want to accept it that he is completely right.

2. I'll grant you that, but to have that much certainty and cockiness one season in is very off-putting. This is way too early for anyone to make a judgement, no matter what side of the issue they're on.

Reaction Score

LostLettermen 5:10pm via Twitter Web Client
UCF football should file a restraining order on UConn to not come within 500 feet. That's the only way to deal with a stalker.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UCF is not Kate Upton. UCF is the slightly cute girl who works at the concession stand who looks better because all of her coworkers are fat dudes.
and have more facial hair.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
2. I'll grant you that, but to have that much certainty and cockiness one season in is very off-putting. This is way too early for anyone to make a judgement, no matter what side of the issue they're on.

I understand that reaction.

But you are saying that despite what he actually posted he'd be negative even if they had a really good season - you might be wrong about that.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Stairmaster is like Sports Art.
Criticize the coach and you get ridiculed. HCBD does come off as a whackadoodle (love that term.)
He was terrible last year, experimenting instead of trying to win. We all hope we win and we all look back and laugh, however.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Stairmaster is like Sports Art.
Criticize the coach and you get ridiculed. HCBD does come off as a whackadoodle (love that term.)

Do you know how to read?

In an earlier post, I mentioned a group of people who have been connected to the program for a long time with well-founded, legitimate criticisms of Diaco based on tangible observations. You were included in that group, and as such I tend to take it much more seriously when someone such as yourself brings up criticism.

Reaction Score
In 6 years, when HCBD gets his next head coaching gig at Kent State, perhaps he will think twice about commissioning a trophy for their annual game against Eastern Michigan.

Reaction Score
CL82 said:
Change UCF to KATE UPTON and rivalry to boyfriend/girlfriend and you kind of get a sense that BD is a a little creepy: Whether (KATE UPTON) honors it, I will honor it, I don't have control over that so who cares. She doesn't get to say whether she is my girlfriend or not. I might not be her boyfriend but she doesn't get to say whether she is my girlfriend, that is for me to decide. For me it is pretty clean and clear because those are things we have control over. For me it is exciting, it is fun. If you embrace it you embrace it, if you don't you don't. There was nothing before so if you don't embrace it there would still be nothing. If you do even a little bit it is more energetic and exciting. For me that is what [weird ass stalking] is. "Why do I have to call her to say that I've targeted her as my girlfriend, period. What control over that would she have? What do I care what she thinks? If they doesn't want to wear my friendship bracelet, I don't care about that either.

Or replace it with Emily Noonan. Doesn't stop most of the Boneyard from drooling over her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom