The Civil Conflict! | Page 14 | The Boneyard

The Civil Conflict!

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Stairmaster is like Sports Art.
Criticize the coach and you get ridiculed. HCBD does come off as a whackadoodle (love that term.)
He was terrible last year, experimenting instead of trying to win. We all hope we win and we all look back and laugh, however.
Agree with the last part of your post. Last year was a throwaway year, this year should be a building year. I expect Diaco's to win a couple more games, not a lot. I think most of the board has similar expectations but this old argument will still be rehashed ad nauseum anyway

Reaction Score
I felt much better about this when I assumed it was a troll job.

This is flat out embarrassing.

I heard it mentioned on this thread or maybe another: if he was going to troll, he should have done some thermonuclear trolling and made a New England Cup and trolled BC.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I felt much better about this when I assumed it was a troll job.

This is flat out embarrassing.
We were already at "flat out embarrassing" last year, now we're at "duckk it, might as well take the stupid up a notch and see if it goes viral on youtube".

Reaction Score
Ted Miller from ESPN thinks it's a solid idea and I tend to agree. We are already an embarrassment. Losing to SMU at home showed that. So why not generate a bit of buzz?

how does he get his hair so perfect???

Reaction Score
UCONNBarstool 1:05pm via GroupTweet
They're still talking about UConn Football I can't believe it #Diaco
CHEu0WQXAAAQPzu.jpg

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
2. I'll grant you that, but to have that much certainty and cockiness one season in is very off-putting. This is way too early for anyone to make a judgement, no matter what side of the issue they're on.

You're not too bright, I get it, but if you won't listen to me at least listen to Whaler. No one is being cocky or talking with certainty, it's only been a year and a half and we all know it's much too soon to be 100% certain about anything. And in case english is not your first language I'll say it again: if they come out and show improvement this year I will be very happy no matter what whackadoodle behavior Diaco exhibits. If the coaching improves greatly, and it needs to, I will be happy to say so, no matter how many wins they end up with in the end.

But I'm also capable of forming an opinion based on what I've seen so far. I don't have to reiterate my opinion so far, it's been repeated often, and it isn't based on rumors, innuendos or fairy tales. It's based on 45 years of watching football and using my own two eyes. And if somebody on this board thinks Diaco has done a good job so far then I'm sorry, my opinion of you is you don't know anything about football and I pay you no mind. This is an 11 page thread about something this nutcase has done (again). I didn't start it, it was 8 pages deep before I even read it. It is my opinion that this sort of thing makes us look foolish and combined with the QB press conference debacle frankly makes us the laughingstock of college football. Again, if you think being laughed AT is a good thing for fans, recruits, conferences etc, then I think you are crazy.

I think there are 3 choices:

1: Diaco continues to act nutty and doesn't show improvement on the field. In this case he is going to be Charlie Molnar 2.0, gone goodbye, good riddance.
2. He gets his off field act together but doesn't show improvement on the field so he might last one more year but that's it. Good riddance.
3. He foams at the mouth and drools all over himself while singing show tunes but he builds an improving team and program and he's here for a long time. Good.

Based on what I've seen so far and if I was forced to bet right now I'd say it's #1. As a UConn fan I'm hoping it's #3, whether you believe me or not. Ideally we would want a #4, a "normal" coach who is a good coach, but there is nothing, cpaital letters NOTHING, we've seen so far that would indicate Diaco is capable of acting "normal" so I think #3 is as good as it gets.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You're not too bright, I get it, but if you won't listen to me at least listen to Whaler. No one is being cocky or talking with certainty, it's only been a year and a half and we all know it's much too soon to be 100% certain about anything. And in case english is not your first language I'll say it again: if they come out and show improvement this year I will be very happy no matter what whackadoodle behavior Diaco exhibits. If the coaching improves greatly, and it needs to, I will be happy to say so, no matter how many wins they end up with in the end.

But I'm also capable of forming an opinion based on what I've seen so far. I don't have to reiterate my opinion so far, it's been repeated often, and it isn't based on rumors, innuendos or fairy tales. It's based on 45 years of watching football and using my own two eyes. And if somebody on this board thinks Diaco has done a good job so far then I'm sorry, my opinion of you is you don't know anything about football and I pay you no mind. This is an 11 page thread about something this nutcase has done (again). I didn't start it, it was 8 pages deep before I even read it. It is my opinion that this sort of thing makes us look foolish and combined with the QB press conference debacle frankly makes us the laughingstock of college football. Again, if you think being laughed AT is a good thing for fans, recruits, conferences etc, then I think you are crazy.

I think there are 3 choices:

1: Diaco continues to act nutty and doesn't show improvement on the field. In this case he is going to be Charlie Molnar 2.0, gone goodbye, good riddance.
2. He gets his off field act together but doesn't show improvement on the field so he might last one more year but that's it. Good riddance.
3. He foams at the mouth and drools all over himself while singing show tunes but he builds an improving team and program and he's here for a long time. Good.

Based on what I've seen so far and if I was forced to bet right now I'd say it's #1. As a UConn fan I'm hoping it's #3, whether you believe me or not. Ideally we would want a #4, a "normal" coach who is a good coach, but there is nothing, cpaital letters NOTHING, we've seen so far that would indicate Diaco is capable of acting "normal" so I think #3 is as good as it gets.

I love your ad hominem attacks. Keep 'em coming. Really helps cultivate your image as one of the more knowledgeable and respected posters here.

The media hijinks don't make us the laughingstock of college football. Blowing a 14-point halftime lead against the worst team in in the FBS makes us the laughingstock of college football. Horrible mismanagement of personnel in the BYU game makes us the laughingstock of college football. Being woefully unprepared to play Army after what seemed like a 2-month bye period makes us the laughingstock of college football. As long as our on-field and on-sideline product is garbage, nobody is going to remember anything that's said in the media for more than a week except for the people who hang out here. Do you honestly think that opposing coaches are sending a video clip of the CC-CW press conference to QBs we're recruiting? They probably don't even know that it exists. The damage that that press conference did was to the psyche of this fanbase, specifically those invested enough to post here.

At least you aren't making up crap about how he's lost the players' respect anymore without any proof.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this was a ploy to get the game on national tv. Gotta think it'll be picked up by somebody now.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
"Do you honestly think that opposing coaches are sending a video clip of the CC-CW press conference to QBs we're recruiting? They probably don't even know that it exists"

By making this statement you have shown that you know nothing about how college football recruiting works. And for the record they didn't have to send them the video clip, they just directed them to Barstool, Deadspin, SBNation or any of the other 10 websites kids check 10 times a day and all of which had posts ridiculing Diaco and UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"Do you honestly think that opposing coaches are sending a video clip of the CC-CW press conference to QBs we're recruiting? They probably don't even know that it exists"

By making this statement you have shown that you know nothing about how college football recruiting works. And for the record they didn't have to send them the video clip, they just directed them to Barstool, Deadspin, SBNation or any of the other 10 websites kids check 10 times a day and all of which had posts ridiculing Diaco and UConn.

This proves that you know nothing about how high schoolers spend their spare time. Pretty sure none of these kids are reading Deadspin.

Reaction Score
Self inflicted (and harsh) but Weinreb has pissed on UConn before (PSU Alum) so it's no surprise really:

RollingStone 3:03pm via SocialFlow
Welcome to college football’s dumbest feud: UConn invents a rivalry with Central Florida, just because:
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/...tle-uconn-football-creates-a-rivalry-20150609

Confused? Hell, so am I. But suddenly, I'm kind of curious to watch a football game between Central Florida and Connecticut, so I guess in the end it doesn't matter if anything in sports is true so long as there's a lack of respect. Even if that lack of respect is for one's own self.

Despite all the criticism doesn't the highlighted line give Diaco and our program exactly what they want?

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
This proves that you know nothing about how high schoolers spend their spare time. Pretty sure none of these kids are reading Deadspin.

Really? I suppose they don't read Barstool either? Or SBnation? Or ESPN? Or Yahoo? Or... or... or....How about their parents and coaches, do any of them read those sites? You're incapable of admitting today is Tuesday I bet.

Reaction Score
More likely Diaco thinking is: What is the only legit win in my entire (and short) career as a head coach? UCF, I better do something to remind people!

The only people he wants to remind that UCONN is capable of beating the best in the AAC conference are the players.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
On behalf of Akron, I officially declare Purdue our most hated rival, and I look forward to defeating them in the Drainage Ditch Melee.

Lol
This season, the Baggage Claim Wrasslin' Match begins anew when UTSA squares off against Kansas State.

Actually... some of these sound like Jon Rothstein tweets if he started covering football....

Reaction Score
Sometimes to get attention you have to risk playing the fool. Diaco deserves credit for taking on the challenge for the good of the program. The more coverage and publicity this gets --even the mock ridicule---the better for us. There will be national coverage of this game a hundred fold more than usual. I think it's brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom