The Civil Conflict! | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Civil Conflict!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And I'm telling you that the players smell a fraud way before the fans do. Most fans buy into the bible thumping, coaching manual platitudes while the players are looking to see if they coach actually has the coaching goods or not. If he can devise and execute a plan that works, if he uses personnel correctly. So I'm sure they saw a lot of things way before we (fans) did.

As for the QB situation, you seriously think kids stayed away because we already had too much talent here at that position? Wow, maybe I'm underestimating how good we are going to be this year, where can I order my AAC Championship ring?

Where's the massive transfer exodus then? Why are they not running for the hills? Why are they saying positive things about him on social media?

No sane person would argue that Diaco's past season made them hopeful for the future. But you're living in your own fantasy world if you think the players led the charge towards a mutiny. You're also way out of touch with "most fans buy into the bible thumping". On this site I count CC and that's it...it's also worth noticing that compared to all other online outposts of the fanbase (FB, Hartford Courant website), this is probably the most moderate site in terms of treatment of Diaco. Criticism is nearly unanimous, but well thought out and ingrained in actual analysis of identifiable mistakes he made at specific points in time. The "rah rah, fire him" stuff is what the non-BY fans are saying. You're not an crusader for truth -- you're saying things that everyone already knows.

Bottom line, we get it. We know you wish that all players, assistant coaching, AD staff, fans, and journalists would unite in ousting Diaco and tossing him into Long Island Sound without a lifejacket. But several of those groups aren't ready for that yet, no matter how hard you hope and pray.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I have no idea if the player's like him or not. I would suspect most do, there wasn't much turnover this offseason.

The one piece of evidence that seems to be missing is: if they like him so much what the heck happened at the end of the season when they stayed in the locker room the last two weeks?

My post was more in response his argument that the "key backup" BS kept us from recruiting a QB. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Anderson's abilities, that's just factually incorrect.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The one piece of evidence that seems to be missing is: if they like him so much what the heck happened at the end of the season when they stayed in the locker room the last two weeks?
Easy. They weren't very good and they were demoralized by not winning any football games.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
When do you ever, in any college sport, no matter how bad the coach or treatment etc, see a mass exodus? The Rutgers hoops coach was whipping basketballs at kids and hitting them in the nuts and there was no mass exodus. The rules are so prohibitive and punitive that kids are stuck. That's just the way it is, no matter what. These are high level, tough athletes, they don't run and hide or quit. But they certainly question craziness and nonsense, even if they keep it amongst themselves, and by now they are old enough and experienced enough to be good at spotting someone who can or cannot coach.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
When do you ever, in any college sport, no matter how bad the coach or treatment etc, see a mass exodus? The Rutgers hoops coach was whipping basketballs at kids and hitting them in the nuts and there was no mass exodus. The rules are so prohibitive and punitive that kids are stuck. That's just the way it is, no matter what. These are high level, tough athletes, they don't run and hide or quit. But they certainly question craziness and nonsense, even if they keep it amongst themselves, and by now they are old enough and experienced enough to be good at spotting someone who can or cannot coach.

"There's no public proof, but I know I'm right just because I'm so smart!"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Easy. They weren't very good and they were demoralized by not winning any football games.

As opposed to SMU who wasn't very good didn't win any football games went on the road in the cold rain for a coaching staff that was looking for jobs elsewhere yet came back to win...

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
As opposed to SMU who wasn't very good didn't win any football games went on the road in the cold rain for a coaching staff that was looking for jobs elsewhere yet came back to win...

Don't waste your time using logic, it goes right over their heads.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
We'll talk in December, Kreskin.

Kreskin, now there's someone Diaco probably loves. Of course you probably referenced him without knowing one thing about him, oh well. But here's the thing pal, talking in December is what you did at the end of last year when you finally woke up (actually you still haven't completely opened your eyes). Some of us had our eyes wide open and our brains working last summer and saw the disaster coming, we didn't need to wait until the season was over before proclaiming we were right. We actually were right, you were wrong.

But I'll play your little small minded game, and see what the whackadoodle does over summer camp and then make my prediction before the season starts. It probably won't be much different than if I picked the games right now frankly, but I have hope he will shock me and pull a 180. If I was a betting man I'd say he goes down with the ship and we are rid of him after two years just like the last fraud off the Brian Kelly coaching tree was washed out after two awful years at UMass.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Coach Diaco is as polarizing as Tom Brady at this point (maybe more so). There now exists only two camps. According to those who bash Diaco, defenders are National Flag Blue glasses wearing homers. Those who defend him believe the bashers take negativity out of context and make it more negative.

Coach Edsall started his UConn career with an 11-30 record and a worse record in year 2 than year 1.

I recall UConn was about 25 scholarships under the FBS limit. I'll paraphrase Ara Parseghian from Rudy, "If they can't protect themselves out on the field, I don't want them out there."

I don't necessarily think there wasn't any talent on last year's team, but I do believe they were woefully undermanned...especially by the end of the year. Not for nothing, but I'm willing to wager that Coach Diaco can recognize talent better than 99.843% of the peoples posting on this board.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Kreskin, now there's someone Diaco probably loves. Of course you probably referenced him without knowing one thing about him, oh well. But here's the thing pal, talking in December is what you did at the end of last year when you finally woke up (actually you still haven't completely opened your eyes). Some of us had our eyes wide open and our brains working last summer and saw the disaster coming, we didn't need to wait until the season was over before proclaiming we were right. We actually were right, you were wrong.

But I'll play your little small minded game, and see what the whackadoodle does over summer camp and then make my prediction before the season starts. It probably won't be much different than if I picked the games right now frankly, but I have hope he will shock me and pull a 180. If I was a betting man I'd say he goes down with the ship and we are rid of him after two years just like the last fraud off the Brian Kelly coaching tree was washed out after two awful years at UMass.

Okay fine, I'll build an effigy of you and worship at its feet. You were right! All hair Perfect Hair, the pantheon of the fanbase and the prophetic genius!!!

You're probably rooting for Diaco to lose out the season just so you can prance around an online message board and bellow, "I was right, you were wrong!" I have no doubt that the SMU game marked the happiest day of your year.

You're not a football fan, you're an egomaniac. There are posters on this board who can make solid, rational arguments as to why they think Diaco is bad news, and I have come to respect them. On the contrary, you shout and bellyache and use insults and absolutely nothing of substance to defend your position.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All publicity is good publicity?
No.

Exhibit #1:
hernandezarrest.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd like to be in the first coaches meeting after all this um, hit the fan. I suspect it was something like this:

Reaction Score
SAMCRO said:
You have a track record? What is it?

His track record is saying Diaco stinks. That's it. And maybe he is right. But that's a data point. Not a track record.

Reaction Score
The players can see the trophy as simply a developmental technique for getting the program back on track. They know UConn has been around for over 100 years. My guess is they trust Diaco and let all the ridicule fall on him but understand and feel Diaco's view.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Really? What did Willie Taggert do to get on?

No idea. Maybe I'm wrong and it's loser week.

Reaction Score
My bad. Didn't realize that Jack Arute is president of the Stafford Motor Speedway. Which makes UCONN a big deal in that part of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom