The buyout is $0 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The buyout is $0

Reaction Score
Yeah but he hasn't exactly coached against world beaters at his level. I'd prefer to look to JMU, North/South Dakota state or some other HC from top of the FCS level. Only if Moorhead isn't brought home.

Well, the football world is beating us. We need a change and the FBS experience has not worked.

Reaction Score
100% yes.
It makes so much sense. He coached at UConn. Recruited the area at Fordham where he had huge success. Made PSU's offense one of the best in the country and is doing the same at Oregon. He has proven he can succeed in the northeast at the highest level. Get us half of what he did at Fordham he's getting a statue outside the rent.

Reaction Score
It makes so much sense. He coached at UConn. Recruited the area at Fordham where he had huge success. Made PSU's offense one of the best in the country and is doing the same at Oregon. He has proven he can succeed in the northeast at the highest level. Get us half of what he did at Fordham he's getting a statue outside the rent.
He pretty much checks every box I’d be looking for. Offensive minded, success as both a coordinator & head coach, ties to the school/region, and still young enough with something to prove.

Unfortunately I think the money and competition for other jobs would be stacked pretty heavily against us though.

Reaction Score
He pretty much checks every box I’d be looking for. Offensive minded, success as both a coordinator & head coach, ties to the school/region, and still young enough with something to prove.

Unfortunately I think the money and competition for other jobs would be stacked pretty heavily against us though.
If I had to guess, he's going to UCLA when they fire Kelly.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
P should have been canned after his second year. It was clear he was washed up at the time and was never going to turn it around. Warde screwed the pooch twice, with one firing. And for that he gets a massive promotion.
So washed up that other people kept hiring him…talk about an old boy network. Football takes care of its own.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Creativity requires that you first be able to run up the middle for 3.5 yards at will or pass for 5-6 at will. You'll look really creative then. Randy was brought here to develop underrecruited talent to be able to physically compete at the level we have competed in the past. This is his first season not having to deal with Diaco hangers on. Nearly everybody in that room was brought here by him, some he's had 3 solid years to develop, most of the others at least two. We don't need to be world beaters but we shouldn't be embarrassed on the regular. That's the standard this season and so far he, and he team, are 0-1.

We continue on.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think we just need a fresh face here. A total new coach would be best move. Start over. Build the program and get back to bowl games should be the goal. Get a young up and coming G5 coordinator OR FCS HC.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Creativity requires that you first be able to run up the middle for 3.5 yards at will or pass for 5-6 at will. You'll look really creative then. Randy was brought here to develop underrecruited talent to be able to physically compete at the level we have competed in the past. This is his first season not having to deal with Diaco hangers on. Nearly everybody in that room was brought here by him, some he's had 3 solid years to develop, most of the others at least two. We don't need to be world beaters but we shouldn't be embarrassed on the regular. That's the standard this season and so far he, and he team, are 0-1.

We continue on.
It won’t be looking to good if we can’t beat HC. And that’s a bit of a question right now. I’ll be there to root the boys on…hopefully he doesn’t get in the way.

Reaction Score
Yeah but he hasn't exactly coached against world beaters at his level. I'd prefer to look to JMU, North/South Dakota state or some other HC from top of the FCS level. Only if Moorhead isn't brought home.
Gonna need more than money to get Coach Entz, or Coach Cignetti to leave their status as one of the best coaches in the FCS. They may only get paid around a $400k, but a $2 million contract isn't dragging them out to Storrs, Connecticut.

Reaction Score
the obvious question is how to get to the next stage - and we cannot completely flush the Edsall build. I know I know ... some want each of these assistants and staff to walk home from Fresno. The close watching few KNOW that Corey Edsall has laid the start to something ... and that is hard to do (see Diaco & PP). Benedict has played some with mix & match in his football manager role; let him throw his cards face up - go with a local young NE/northeastern HC with Corey + other components. And Randy rises and rides off into the Jacksonville home.

Please don't tell me that some guy isn't gonna jump at $800k to $1.4m from 400k.

Reaction Score
I know many want things done right away, but I think we're going to learn a lot about this program over the next six games. These are all teams (with the possible exception of Perdue) with whom we should be competitive. We have to see progress being competitive and consistent. If not, then the last five games outside of maybe Yale will be a total disaster and DB will have no choice.

Reaction Score
Gonna need more than money to get Coach Entz, or Coach Cignetti to leave their status as one of the best coaches in the FCS. They may only get paid around a $400k, but a $2 million contract isn't dragging them out to Storrs, Connecticut.
IF DB wants a more high profile job then he needs to figure it out. Cignetti or Entz will bring excitement and probably more competence at the HC position at this point. Edsall is a good coach, but we are getting to the point where the game may have passed him by. Much like PP and GDL.

Reaction Score
the obvious question is how to get to the next stage - and we cannot completely flush the Edsall build. I know I know ... some want each of these assistants and staff to walk home from Fresno. The close watching few KNOW that Corey Edsall has laid the start to something ... and that is hard to do (see Diaco & PP). Benedict has played some with mix & match in his football manager role; let him throw his cards face up - go with a local young NE/northeastern HC with Corey + other components. And Randy rises and rides off into the Jacksonville home.

Please don't tell me that some guy isn't gonna jump at $800k to $1.4m from 400k.
You think a new coach is going to retain the old coach's son?

Tell me more.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
UCONN football will never be a destination job (thanks Dave Benedict!) but I am fine with getting a coach who goes to a better job in 3 years. It means we are winning.
Not sure where you're going with this. No school outside of the P4/P5 is a destination job. What did AD David Benedict do to cause this in your eyes.

Reaction Score
IF DB wants a more high profile job then he needs to figure it out. Cignetti or Entz will bring excitement and probably more competence at the HC position at this point. Edsall is a good coach, but we are getting to the point where the game may have passed him by. Much like PP and GDL.
"May" have passed him by? You're too kind.
Not sure where you're going with this. No school outside of the P4/P5 is a destination job. What did AD David Benedict do to cause this in your eyes.
We could be in the ACC or BIG and we still wouldn't be a destination job.

Reaction Score
Basketball has reaped big rewards by joining the Big East.

Which programs are our primary competitors when it comes to football recruiting? What is our competitive advantage over the competition? It is always going to be extremely difficult recruiting against the B1G and ACC programs. Including the off campus stadium kicker.

Reaction Score
Basketball has reaped big rewards by joining the Big East.

Which programs are our primary competitors when it comes to football recruiting? What is our competitive advantage over the competition? It is always going to be extremely difficult recruiting against the B1G and ACC programs. Including the off campus stadium kicker.
If you haven't paid any attention, UConn has one of, if not the best recruiting class it's seen coming in next year. We have a competitive advantage over BC, UMass, Syracuse and Temple. No one really cares about Syracuse football anymore even in the ACC, BC is mostly irrelevant in any sport outside of hockey, it's UMass (do I really need to elaborate further?) and we have a national TV deal and not forced behind a paywall like Temple. Rutgers is probably the only local regional that can beat us out on recruits because of playing in the B1G.

Reaction Score
If you haven't paid any attention, UConn has one of, if not the best recruiting class it's seen coming in next year. We have a competitive advantage over BC, UMass, Syracuse and Temple. No one really cares about Syracuse football anymore even in the ACC, BC is mostly irrelevant in any sport outside of hockey, it's UMass (do I really need to elaborate further?) and we have a national TV deal and not forced behind a paywall like Temple. Rutgers is probably the only local regional that can beat us out on recruits because of playing in the B1G.
I don't agree that we have an advantage over any program in the B1G or ACC. Just for kicks I checked BC's roster and they have 7 guys from CT, including a one Tito Pasqualoni!

Reaction Score
What Chief can say about Corey is he is willing to listen and try new things in recruiting. With recruiting Randy seems to be ok without over micro managing, especially since things have been going well to date. As Chief has been telling people, the principles are similar rather the recruiting is FB or MBB. Unfortunately, Randy doubles down on the on field stuff and is basically the OC micromanaging everything.
He was given a gift in Lashlee and basically blew it up. He should have gotten out of the way and focused on defense and special teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom