Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Have been off the grid for several days, just saw the bracket, haven't read thru this thread yet. I will start with--TOO many SEC teams, just like I've been predicting all year. You know it's going to happen. Every single year.

Reaction Score
If Iowa can somehow reach the Final Four given this bracket, it will only add to her legendary status. To most it's frightening; to her, it's just another challenge. USC has to play the winner of Michigan/Kansas? What a complete joke. Even the national pundits realize how pathetic this is: Rebecca Lobo, "Holy cow, this region is tough". Carolyn Peck: Iowa's region is, "a murderer's row".

Bring it on.

Reaction Score
If Iowa can somehow reach the Final Four given this bracket, it will only add to her legendary status. To most it's frightening; to her, it's just another challenge. USC has to play the winner of Michigan/Kansas? What a complete joke. Even the national pundits realize how pathetic this is: Rebecca Lobo, "Holy cow, this region is tough". Carolyn Peck: Iowa's region is, "a murderer's row".

Bring it on.
I was listening to a sports group on YouTube today and they were saying the same thing and I totally agree. Iowa making it to the FF and winning it all. It just adds to their legacy and Caitlin Clark's legendary status. What a run it could be for Iowa's program, their fan base, the community, and the State of Iowa.

Reaction Score

Bring it on.
I was listening to a sports group on YouTube today and they were saying the same thing and I totally agree. Iowa making it to the FF and winning it all. It just adds to their legacy and Caitlin Clark's legendary status. What a run it could be for Iowa's program, their fan base, the community, and the State of Iowa.

Pretty much everyone is. Wilbon from PTI was very blunt as to what he thought of the selection committee for setting it up this way. In fairness, they have a reason to gripe because it doesn't make sense when you look at the other brackets. Personally, I wish someone other than Holly had a chance to interview with the selection committee chair and really press them as to why. It also removes an element of drama of potentially seeing South Carolina, LSU and Iowa in the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Pretty much everyone is. Wilbon from PTI was very blunt as to what he thought of the selection committee for setting it up this way. In fairness, they have a reason to gripe because it doesn't make sense when you look at the other brackets. Personally, I wish someone other than Holly had a chance to interview with the selection committee chair and really press them as to why. It also removes an element of drama of potentially seeing South Carolina, LSU and Iowa in the Final Four.

Those seeds are what they are. They had to be in someone's bracket. I had a lot of thought about that going in: just because everyone thinks UCLA or LSU are tough puts doesn't necessarily mean they performed well enough in season to merit that objectively.

UCLA was Pac-10 #3 in the end? LSU largely didn't beat anyone but Va Tech and had some slip ups.

Iowa themselves did t exactly play a clean season and I'm not sure why they would be considered overall #2.

But yeah, they got the region I would not want, but all the more fuel for the legend.

Reaction Score
Have been off the grid for several days, just saw the bracket, haven't read thru this thread yet. I will start with--TOO many SEC teams, just like I've been predicting all year. You know it's going to happen. Every single year.
lol I’m old enough to remember when LSU prolly doesn’t even deserve a 3 seed cause they didn’t play nobody.

Reaction Score
Those seeds are what they are. They had to be in someone's bracket. I had a lot of thought about that going in: just because everyone thinks UCLA or LSU are tough puts doesn't necessarily mean they performed well enough in season to merit that objectively.

UCLA was Pac-10 #3 in the end? LSU largely didn't beat anyone but Va Tech and had some slip ups.

Iowa themselves did t exactly play a clean season and I'm not sure why they would be considered overall #2.

But yeah, they got the region I would not want, but all the more fuel for the legend.
Come on, man. LSU is 6 at HHS, 7 at Massey, 8 in NET, and higher than all three on eye test.

Their losses are neutral site vs 1, home v 1, neutral v 16, road v 45, road v 47. Not a bad loss among them, and they’re the defending champ.

They aren’t a 3 seed. If Iowa fans want to be mad at somebody, they should start with those fans who spend all year running down the SEC and creating a climate that leads the committee to underseed LSU.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Not wins. Win.

They had 1 really good game all year and a bunch of disappointing ones.

Will not be surprised if they don’t even make it past the first round
Indiana will beat Fairfield by 30+.

Reaction Score
Outside of TAMU, every other SEC bid was at least somewhat justifiable.

Reaction Score
Not on the men's side this year.
Obv this is the women's forum and I'm not a Hurley fan, but maaannnn! UConn men got screwed. For fun, I put together South Carolina's bracket if we were given the same teams by Massey rating as UConn Men got by KP.

1 - South Carolina
2 - Stanford (5th, works bc top claim to the other 1, same as Iowa State)
3 - Southern Cal (10th, team that won major conference tournament)
4 - Texas (4th, lol seed)

Going to be honest, I slightly prefer our actual bracket.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Obv this is the women's forum and I'm not a Hurley fan, but maaannnn! UConn men got screwed. For fun, I put together South Carolina's bracket if we were given the same teams by Massey rating as UConn Men got by KP.

1 - South Carolina
2 - Stanford (5th, works bc top claim to the other 1, same as Iowa State)
3 - Southern Cal (10th, team that won major conference tournament)
4 - Texas (4th, lol seed)

Going to be honest, I slightly prefer our actual bracket.
I understand that Iowa State and Auburn fans are pretty ticked off about this bracket

0425A15A-66A4-4EFE-B9B7-B941EE659248.jpeg

Reaction Score
Come on, man. LSU is 6 at HHS, 7 at Massey, 8 in NET, and higher than all three on eye test.

Their losses are neutral site vs 1, home v 1, neutral v 16, road v 45, road v 47. Not a bad loss among them, and they’re the defending champ.

They aren’t a 3 seed. If Iowa fans want to be mad at somebody, they should start with those fans who spend all year running down the SEC and creating a climate that leads the committee to underseed LSU.

There are only four SEC teams that anyone should pick to do anything in the NCAA tournament. One of them is a Tennessee squad that on balance loses to every quality team it faces and is more of a dangerous player gets hot play. Ole Miss more of a rock fight play.

You could argue LSU over Notre Dame for the last 2, but Auburn and Miss State are pretty bad losses for a 2 seed and VPI is their marquee win. ND won the ACC tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom