temery

What?
Reaction Score
sledog said:
Anyone know a good hip guy???

image-1012215239.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw that JC shook hands with each and every one of you. What was it like touching greatness?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
, our fundraisers will be frog-walked onto the court .

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack. "Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday." Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager. Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral. The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed. Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office. She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?" (wait for it) The bank manager looks back at her and says... "It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

Reaction Score
I was surprised Calhoun didn't take a picture with you all on the court. I did see him shake hands with all of you on the way out.

Reaction Score
That was pretty sweet. When we gave him the check at the Walk/Ride, we got to spend a little more time with him and chat up some and that was kind of special.

Not to early to start thinking about next year....maybe we can eventually work our way into an invite at the Calhoun Family Christmas dinner if we raise enough...

Reaction Score
A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack. "Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday." Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager. Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral. The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed. Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office. She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?" (wait for it) The bank manager looks back at her and says... "It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."
OK, it works with certain crowds . .

Reaction Score
For those of you going to the game tonight or perhaps even watching on the tube, pay attention during the third media time out.

For raising the most money per person for the Calhoun Charity Ride and Walk, our fundraisers will be frog-walked onto the court and given their due. And then quickly rounded up before any of them can run wild.

Again - third media timeout = Boneyard.

Yell stuff at them.

And if you're wondering, this site managed to raise around $46,000 for the Carole and Ray Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center this year.

$46,000...

We might not be able to come to a consensus on stuff like who should be the fourth string point guard or which stuffed animal is the most historically accurate mascot, but we donate money like motherf---ers on fire.

Well that's the reason for charity right? Recognition, plain and simple

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So, if you told a 1995 Deepster that one day, he would be paraded to midcourt with his 9 yr old daughter and a group from the Boneyard so they could be honored by the home Husky crowd, then greeted by Jim Calhoun with a smile and a handshake as I exited the court?

I'm not so sure I would have believed that one.

So no bear hug?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Not so sure about your definition of 'hip' guys, Tom.

You could have come, worn your shades, and give us a younger Kevin Bacon-ish type of hipness we were sorely lacking as a group.

Reaction Score
So it was you guys out there! I only read this now and was at the game last night. That was pretty amazing that they did that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You could have come, worn your shades, and give us a younger Kevin Bacon-ish type of hipness we were sorely lacking as a group.

I generally charge for that though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
you could have also dragged your "whale" if you ever landed him.

I never did, the bastard. Invited me down to his place this fall, and I curmudgeonly equivocated. I ask you, who pledges $500 bucks, says they'll put it through that night when they get home, and then never is heard from again even after couple inquiries? Absurd.

Reaction Score
Well that's the reason for charity right? Recognition, plain and simple

I think your an idiot for that comment. I'm sure the feeling is quite mutual lol! That was a great effort with good leadership. Recognition should be the simple by-product.

JMHO per the usual

Last edited:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think your an idiot for that comment. I'm sure the feeling is quite mutual lol! That was a great effort with good leadership. Recognition should be the simple by-product.

JMHO per the usual

Those of us who went were representatives of The Boneyard's generosity. In my mind, we needed someone to go to represent the collective generosity that resulted in $46,000 being raised by our motley group. To be honest, this was the kind of thing I would normally want to find a reason to not go to. However, it turned out to be a fun experience with a core group that made it comfortable and fun.

I had a good time at the game, but I enjoyed the invitation to the Husky practice on a Saturday morning the most. That is the big "payoff" that should encourage a lot more of us to get out next year in addition to contributing to an important cause. I spoke to Jim Calhoun for the first time after the walk as he was just sitting by himself on a bench where the walkers came in after finishing. Several of us spoke to him one-on-one that day. After I identified myself as a member of The Boneyard, he made some mention about it being great that the group was doing something really positive (probably as opposed to making negative comments about Taliek or others). There is no doubt that he came to see our group in a very different light after that day, going out of his way to recognize The Boneyard on a radio show shortly thereafter.

Speaking for myself, the main thing that those of us who went to the game and stood out on the court in front of a lot of people might deserve is some slight acknowledgement that we did that to represent the rest of you bozos. It was one hell of a generous effort to raise that much money to acknowledge Coach Calhoun and support the local fight against heart disease and cancer in a meaningful way. It would have been very lame if The Boneyard was recognized and, for example, Deepster and his daughter were the only ones there.

Reaction Score
Those of us who went were representatives of The Boneyard's generosity. In my mind, we needed someone to go to represent the collective generosity that resulted in $46,000 being raised by our motley group. To be honest, this was the kind of thing I would normally want to find a reason to not go to. However, it turned out to be a fun experience with a core group that made it comfortable and fun.

I had a good time at the game, but I enjoyed the invitation to the Husky practice on a Saturday morning the most. That is the big "payoff" that should encourage a lot more of us to get out next year in addition to contributing to an important cause. I spoke to Jim Calhoun for the first time after the walk as he was just sitting by himself on a bench where the walkers came in after finishing. Several of us spoke to him one-on-one that day. After I identified myself as a member of The Boneyard, he made some mention about it being great that the group was doing something really positive (probably as opposed to making negative comments about Taliek or others). There is no doubt that he came to see our group in a very different light after that day, going out of his way to recognize The Boneyard on a radio show shortly thereafter.

Speaking for myself, the main thing that those of us who went to the game and stood out on the court in front of a lot of people might deserve is some slight acknowledgement that we did that to represent the rest of you bozos. It was one hell of a generous effort to raise that much money to acknowledge Coach Calhoun and support the local fight against heart disease and cancer in a meaningful way. It would have been very lame if The Boneyard was recognized and, for example, Deepster and his daughter were the only ones there.

I have been an advocate for cure based research for many years (lobbying congress and networking with Nobel Laureates/business leaders). It can be thankless work at times. On a personal note I am a T1 insulin dependent juvenile diabetic (I count carbs for everything I eat and take insulin accordingly). Part of me regrets not getting more involved in your effort. Maybe living here with the "BLUEDOGHOUSE" moniker didn't help :). hahaha

You guys/gals did an amazing job. An important part of life should include being recognized by your peers for unselfish giving. That type of interaction creates the framework necessary for future endeavors.

Best Always,
Bluedoghouse

Reaction Score
I have been an advocate for cure based research for many years (lobbying congress and networking with Nobel Laureates/business leaders). It can be thankless work at times. On a personal note I am a T1 insulin dependent juvenile diabetic (I count carbs for everything I eat and take insulin accordingly). Part of me regrets not getting more involved in your effort. Maybe living here with the "BLUEDOGHOUSE" moniker didn't help :). hahaha

You guys/gals did an amazing job. An important part of life should include being recognized by your peers for unselfish giving. That type of interaction creates the framework necessary for future endeavors.

Best Always,
Bluedoghouse

You have a healthy day and take good care of yourself BLUE.....no water balloons I promise!

Reaction Score
I can't believe they really did that for your guys. My money was on the whole thing being a sting put together by the owner of a certain golf course looking for damages. I would have thought you guys would have ended up being led off in cuffs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't believe they really did that for your guys.

I know. Is there any other program that has had their top message board come out and take a bow? I think most agree with Pitino in calling boardsters (and callers) "The Fellowship of the Miserable."

Reaction Score
I guess I feel like I should say a few things here.

When we all started this, it was the Boneyard trying to come up with a retirement gift for Coach Calhoun. With hundreds of different ideas, we filtered the general consensus of what everyone wanted to do into one effort. From there? That effort took fire and blazed way brighter than any of us thought it would.

When that donated amount got to be large, we worked with the folks at the Calhoun Cancer Ride to get the chance for anyone and everyone who wanted to be a part of it, to present that gift to Coach. That was clearly advertised and promoted and, quite frankly, only a small group of folks signed up to be part of the walk.

That group raised another sizeable sum of money for another of Coach's charitable ventures and, as such, was lucky enough to get a few perks thrown at them. Personally, I am not comfortable with the spotlight but felt proud to be part of an effort that made a difference.

For anyone who feels like they wished they were part of it all? The same Ride/Walk will take place in June and if you want? You can have the same opportunity to make a difference. All we did this year was sign up, deal with bullsht and stay positive the entire time. You can certainly sign on to do the same next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom