The Boneyard honored at XL tonight | The Boneyard

The Boneyard honored at XL tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For those of you going to the game tonight or perhaps even watching on the tube, pay attention during the third media time out.

For raising the most money per person for the Calhoun Charity Ride and Walk, our fundraisers will be frog-walked onto the court and given their due. And then quickly rounded up before any of them can run wild.

Again - third media timeout = Boneyard.

Yell stuff at them.

And if you're wondering, this site managed to raise around $46,000 for the Carole and Ray Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center this year.

$46,000...

We might not be able to come to a consensus on stuff like who should be the fourth string point guard or which stuffed animal is the most historically accurate mascot, but we donate money like motherf---ers on fire.

Reaction Score
There may be a collection agency representing Quarry Ridge to meet our contingent coming off the floor. Something about owing them for golf cart/shrubbery repair.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And FYI, once they start walking us off the court, I plan on taking off on a sprint then diving headfirst into a bellyslide. Old school Jonathan style.

So will I. Except for the part about the sprint and the dive.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There may be a collection agency representing Quarry Ridge to meet our contingent coming off the floor. Something about owing them for golf cart/shrubbery repair.

That golf cart was poorly designed with a very high center of gravity and those pansies were the victim of pansy-on-pansy violence.

Reaction Score
Hey, I donated and I'll be there. Does any Boneyarder get to walk? Except, you know, I'm too lazy to come down from the nether regions.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Fishy, we donate money coz we are all OLDER THAN DIRT & will soon need the services of the cardiology center (especially if the guys keep having outings like the Florida game; that was a HEARTSTOPPER)!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I was thinking of lying flat at center court and screaming "Free Fishy" until I get medicated, but then I got a ticket for my wife, so that's probably out now.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Please, no sacreds on the court. It's inevitable one of you will pull a Jason Kidd and delay the game.

Honestly, if they come back from commercial and you guys are all off the court and all our players are uninjured, I will consider that a success. Don't have a ton of confidence in that scenario.

Reaction Score
... will soon need the services of the cardiology center ...

Anyone know a good hip guy???

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For those of you going to the game tonight or perhaps even watching on the tube, pay attention during the third media time out.

For raising the most money per person for the Calhoun Charity Ride and Walk, our fundraisers will be frog-walked onto the court and given their due. And then quickly rounded up before any of them can run wild.

This is why I'm not attending this evening. I will not be "frog-walked". Anywhere.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And FYI, once they start walking us off the court, I plan on taking off on a sprint then diving headfirst into a bellyslide. Old school Jonathan style.

I had you exuberantly tackling JC. Don't let me down.

Edit: has to be on camera.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm sitting here at the game and all of a sudden I'm hearing "the boneyard" overthe sspeakers. And there's I think Waquoit and some others down there. Pretty sweet!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was first in the chain gang frog walking out there

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Would be more impressed if you frog hopped onto the court.

Reaction Score
So, if you told a 1995 Deepster that one day, he would be paraded to midcourt with his 9 yr old daughter and a group from the Boneyard so they could be honored by the home Husky crowd, then greeted by Jim Calhoun with a smile and a handshake as I exited the court?

I'm not so sure I would have believed that one.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
So, if you told a 1995 Deepster that one day, he would be paraded to midcourt with his 9 yr old daughter and a group from the Boneyard so they could be honored by the home Husky crowd, then greeted by Jim Calhoun with a smile and a handshake as I exited the court?

I'm not so sure I would have believed that one.

1995 Deepster was the best.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
We should never have given them our real names...it would have been Dove, little Deepster, Deepster, Dogbreath, ThetaZoo, Waquoit, UConnPuneet (and Mrs. UConnPuneet and BabyPuneet)....representing! It was strange to hear "The Boneyard" announced loudly in the XL Center at least twice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry I couldn't make you out, buddy. It's been so long, and my eyes are not great, and I'm up in the stands, hard to recognize people anymore. Thanks for doing us proud!!!!

Reaction Score
We should never have given them our real names...it would have been Dove, little Deepster, Deepster, Dogbreath, ThetaZoo, Waquoit, UConnPuneet....representing! It was strange to hear "The Boneyard" announced loudly in the XL Center at least twice.
That what I mean. I'm sitting there chatting away and I think I hear "the Boneyard" and then I see these guys standing out there in the middle of the court, and it starts vaguely coming back to me. Wasn't there going to be something done with the Boneyard at one of these games? And then they say it again and everyone starts walking off, froggy style, and it clicks -- Yeah THE BONEYARD. I was laughing proud!!!

Reaction Score
It kind of reminded me of the end of the Looney Tunes cartoons where all the cast of characters would all come out arm and arm singing......

or maybe the Star Wars Bar scene :)

Reaction Score
Torr Watts is the clear 4th string point guard. I think we can all agree.

Reaction Score
When Cordani was recognized at the walk around the time the settlement in the class action suit was published it made me uneasy that the BY didn't get more recognition at the walk. I guess a regular 20k sponsor has some clout regardless. Cigna has been generous no doubt.

The grassroots effort of the BY was legendary. There obviously are some amazing guys and gals affiliated with this site. Congrats to all you guys.

Schlichter is a good lawyer:

http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20130625/FREE/130629960

http://blog.fraplantools.com/cigna-and-prudential-settle-excessive-fee-lawsuit/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members