The Boneyard honored at XL tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Boneyard honored at XL tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Those of us who went were representatives of The Boneyard's generosity. In my mind, we needed someone to go to represent the collective generosity that resulted in $46,000 being raised by our motley group. To be honest, this was the kind of thing I would normally want to find a reason to not go to. However, it turned out to be a fun experience with a core group that made it comfortable and fun.

I had a good time at the game, but I enjoyed the invitation to the Husky practice on a Saturday morning the most. That is the big "payoff" that should encourage a lot more of us to get out next year in addition to contributing to an important cause. I spoke to Jim Calhoun for the first time after the walk as he was just sitting by himself on a bench where the walkers came in after finishing. Several of us spoke to him one-on-one that day. After I identified myself as a member of The Boneyard, he made some mention about it being great that the group was doing something really positive (probably as opposed to making negative comments about Taliek or others). There is no doubt that he came to see our group in a very different light after that day, going out of his way to recognize The Boneyard on a radio show shortly thereafter.

Speaking for myself, the main thing that those of us who went to the game and stood out on the court in front of a lot of people might deserve is some slight acknowledgement that we did that to represent the rest of you bozos. It was one hell of a generous effort to raise that much money to acknowledge Coach Calhoun and support the local fight against heart disease and cancer in a meaningful way. It would have been very lame if The Boneyard was recognized and, for example, Deepster and his daughter were the only ones there.

Just saw this now. Great post Dog.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know. Is there any other program that has had their top message board come out and take a bow? I think most agree with Pitino in calling boardsters (and callers) "The Fellowship of the Miserable."

Says the man who dribbled on his leg in public.

Reaction Score
I worked at Quarry Ridge for a few years... I don't know what you guys did there but I'm willing to bet its pretty standard for some of the tournaments we had. If you didn't shoot off fireworks or get the cart girl so drunk she flipped her cart then you're ahead of several groups we had my last summer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom