The Athletic: KO Article | Page 18 | The Boneyard

The Athletic: KO Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Blueblood program fans dont air out dirty laundry. They keep it in house so they dont look like a bunch of idiots. They actually back their team nomatter what in public. Even if they dont like it.

Not even remotely true. The better a team is, the more insane their fans are. Especially when things aren't going well.

Reaction Score
and there you go. One season under 500 and a 7-3 start have the people ready for firing.

also multiple 20 win seasons a 7-1 NCAA tourney record and an AAC tourney championship.

if people want to quote the negative, the positive must also be included.

But there are a million excuses for KO's positives by the fire Ollie contingent. Its disingenuous at best and clueless at worst.

When we miss the tournament this year (and every realistic forecast has a missing by a long shot), can you tell me how many NCAA Appearances we will have had in 4 entire seasons?

Hint: it’s 1 more than zero

Reaction Score
This is me every time I open the BY:

To all the negative Nancies out there, let’s re evaluate at the end of this season. Get behind the boys AND OLLIE. Brand new team (was) and that was a bunch of games packed into a short time frame. They’re ma-gellin and having a nice breather now.

Yeah we’ve looked brutal in a few games, but that first half of mich state? We’ve seen glimpses from every guy so far (CV, TL, JA for sure, Whaley and Cobb could be $, Agent A, Diarra recently,etc) and we’ll all be clicking soon. Stay positive my peoples.

[insert Ollie-ism here]

We’ve sunk to new levels were the high point of the season is a game we lost by over 20, but kept it close at half.

Reaction Score
Do I believe KO could have made some better decisions off the court? Probably, because the rumors are coming from somewhere. Now do I believe it’s as bad as the same handful of posters are insinuating? Not even close. If and when it “comes out” I think we’ll all be disappointed we gave it this much energy

pj

Reaction Score
Someone needs to get you a dictionary

BigErn is a drunken wastrel with the utmost dedication to his drunken wastrelness. Never question his integrity!

Reaction Score
I can believe there is distinction in the locker room. But that could be for lots of reasons. If he is having some other problem like alcohol he needs to step away and deal with it. If he is sexually harassing women he needs to go away too. Other than that I have no idea what people are suggesting.

Reaction Score
That was a pretty fun night, aside from the loss. I'm sure you were having a ball in the chat room, though.

Crack is the man for that, that's classic stuff. If you haven't enjoyed a few cocktails and thrown a few "that call is awful" to a ref then you haven't lived as far as I'm concerned. And by the way, the maturity that Crack did show as well as the support of his team is unquestioned loyalty. Thinking others could learn from Crack rather than trying to make that out as a negative event like everything else.

Reaction Score
Crack is the man for that, that's classic stuff. If you haven't enjoyed a few cocktails and thrown a few "that call is awful" to a ref then you haven't lived as far as I'm concerned. And by the way, the maturity that Crack did show as well as the support of his team is unquestioned loyalty. Thinking others could learn from Crack rather than trying to make that out as a negative event like everything else.

I would be mortified if I was so drunk that I got thrown out of a sporting event. The fact that you consider this feat worthy of admiration says alot about you.

Reaction Score
Just watched Wofford knock off UNC IN CHAPEL HILL.
They actually worked the ball like a good offensive team.
Give this guy a look, he's ready to move up (or in our case sideways, with upward potential).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'm on the fence with KO. IF we could afford the buyout and AD David Benedict had a quality/proven name to replace him (pending this season's results), there's an argument to be made.

But among the reasons we can't have a real discussion about his future at UConn is comments like:

" he's ready to move up (or in our case sideways, with upward potential)."

So now we're a program on par with Wofford? The hyperbole doesn't add to your argument, it ruins it.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Why don't we just join the Southern Conference? They have football, and I'm sure they'd love to have us.

Reaction Score
I would be mortified if I was so drunk that I got thrown out of a sporting event. The fact that you consider this feat worthy of admiration says alot about you.

Little less starch in your underwear holier than thou cronie may work better for you. You dont have to be “that drunk” to care about what’s happening on the court and let it be known with some passion. Heck maybe you should get drunk just to know what it means to care again, if you ever even did. Your passion for one thing is all you represent now and it’s more pitiful than anyone having a couple cocktails and getting thrown out of a game I promise you that.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
For those of you who are old enough to remember the old TV shows "Twilight Zone" and "Outer Limits", if we hadn't already, I think we've now officially entered both of those realms with this nonsense. If this were an ice cream parlor, we now have our flavor of the day.

C

Chief00

Let Blaze play out, it’s only been effective for about 6 months. It’s working well getting players for KOs system. Maybe because Glen Miller did not buy into KO’s system - he didn’t or couldn’t recruit that type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom