The Athletic: KO Article | Page 17 | The Boneyard

The Athletic: KO Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did u ever post any insightful info on the UCONN MBB program? The short answer is no. For all the free time that u have to post here. I expect more info and basketball knowledge. Its obvious you don't know the coach, admin or current players. Keep making stuff up dude
I'm plenty active on multiple boards here. just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening

Reaction Score
I love the BY and thanks to those who run it but they delete a thread on news of our upcoming recruits because they were concerned of length but they let this mess go on and on. I don't get it

Reaction Score
Thank You guys for your interest in slamming the UCONN Mens Basketball program...

A few of you are doing a wonderful job of slandering our Coach ( like him or not) and deterring recruits (both future are currently signed) . With all your rumors. Even if they are true or false.

A true fan sticks by their team good or bad. If you dont like whats going on express it.

BUT DONT BE A PUNK AND SPREAD RUMORS !!! Trying to get your way.. like a spoiled basketball fan.

Sorry but if you want UCONN to be a BlueBlood then act like one.. The Blueblood program fans dont air out dirty laundry. They keep it in house so they dont look like a bunch of idiots. They actually back their team nomatter what in public. Even if they dont like it.

Keep stomping your feet like children cause your not getting your intitled 25-30 wins a year. Keep freakin out recuits and making our program look like a joke..

Hope it makes you feel better to be part of the problem

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thank You guys for your interest in slamming the UCONN Mens Basketball program...

A few of you are doing a wonderful job of slandering our Coach ( like him or not) and deterring recruits (both future are currently signed) . With all your rumors. Even if they are true or false.

A true fan sticks by their team good or bad. If you dont like whats going on express it.

BUT DONT BE A PUNK AND SPREAD RUMORS !!! Trying to get your way.. like a spoiled basketball fan.

Sorry but if you want UCONN to be a BlueBlood then act like one.. The Blueblood program fans dont air out dirty laundry. They keep it in house so they dont look like a bunch of idiots. They actually back their team nomatter what in public. Even if they dont like it.

Keep stomping your feet like children cause your not getting your intitled 25-30 wins a year. Keep freakin out recuits and making our program look like a joke..

Is Kentucky a ‘BlueBlood’?

Reaction Score
No wonder he isn't getting any answers. He's asking Blue Back Square when the source has always been WestFarms.
If you would go out to Blueback Sq a little bit more. You might know that Akinjo is 5'11 and not 5'8'. BTW, the UCONN staff hang at Farmington Ave, not Blueback Sq

Reaction Score
So...if we were winning, people wouldn't be complaining about the fact that program isn't winning?

Agreed.

Now is the time to stay the course and hope, against all reason, that will get a P5 invite. If nothing happens after the end of the current TV deals for the B1G, the ACC and the Big 12, we are done and will have to adapt our program expenditures to that reality.

Until then stay the course. Oh and enjoy what we have now, because things will get worse before the stabilize.

It's time to kill the football program

Reaction Score
The entire Boneyard has officially turned into the Cesspool...depressing how bad it's gotten

It's not to late to join.

CSbm6kRXAAA-M_X.jpg

Reaction Score

lol at, within the span of 2 paragraphs, challenging fans to uphold the standards of a Blue Blood program and then criticizing those same fans for expecting an elite level of performance.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
lol at, within the span of 2 paragraphs, challenging fans to uphold the standards of a Blue Blood program and then criticizing those same fans for expecting an elite level of performance.

You still think AD Dave will threaten to go nuclear on KO -- killing his own career in the process once it gets out that he knew and did nothing until the team wasn't winning -- in an effort to negotiate the buyout down?

How about your prediction that a fan-organized GoFundMe would pay the buyout?

Reaction Score
You still think AD Dave will threaten to go nuclear on KO -- killing his own career in the process once it gets out that he knew and did nothing until the team wasn't winning -- in an effort to negotiate the buyout down?

How about your prediction that a fan-organized GoFundMe would pay the buyout?
I can't tell who's the better fan fiction writer you or Pal. You have literally created a scenario where KO holds all the cards and is keeping the University hostage because we can't do better.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I can't tell who's the better fan fiction writer you or Pal. You have literally created a scenario where KO holds all the cards and is keeping the University hostage because we can't do better.

I'm responding to two direct assertions Tenspro made. Not fiction at all.

Please explain to me why you think the university taking the lead in going public with what's happening behind the scenes won't be career suicide for athletic department and administration officials in charge of overseeing the program. If you really believe AD Dave can say "Yeah, I knew all about KO doing ____, ____, and ____, but I kept quiet about it and left him in a position of coaching student-athletes...he's only getting in trouble because the team is bad now" and still find work in collegiate athletics, I don't know what to tell you.

This has nothing to do with us "not being able to do better." I've said many times that shouldn't prevent us from making a change if poor on-court performance continues. I am merely responding to the ridiculous idea that the university coming forward about KO's misdeeds -- which it clearly was aware of and allowed to continue without penalty -- is a likely scenario at all.

Lastly, with regards to the quality of coach...I can guarantee that no poster here would be satisfied with the poor sap we'd be stuck with were ESPN to rake UConn over the coals for letting KO off the hook for so long.

Reaction Score
This is me every time I open the BY:

To all the negative Nancies out there, let’s re evaluate at the end of this season. Get behind the boys AND OLLIE. Brand new team (was) and that was a bunch of games packed into a short time frame. They’re ma-gellin and having a nice breather now.

Yeah we’ve looked brutal in a few games, but that first half of mich state? We’ve seen glimpses from every guy so far (CV, TL, JA for sure, Whaley and Cobb could be $, Agent A, Diarra recently,etc) and we’ll all be clicking soon. Stay positive my peoples.

[insert Ollie-ism here]

Reaction Score
Ha, your mods are a joke. Helpless homers.

This message disappears and I'm banned in 3, 2, ...
Keep it up and we will see who is a joke! @Zissou remember you are a guest here. I suggest you go find a Villanova board to run your mouth on.

Reaction Score
Moving to the NBE would be a godsend for the basketball program. You can say this and that about the AAC and the teams, and the rankings blah blah. You''re not wrong, but perception is everything. NBE > AAC in recruits eyes.

And those recruits are not recruited to the NBE, but to the BE. We've called it the NBE more out of an attitude of derision, as a way of dismissing the league as a pale reflection of the once best bb league in the country. When they recruit kids, those kids are not saying "the BE?? I thought they didn't exist anymore?" If we really want to be in that league, might as well admit it's the BE, and the recruits can see the league does well on Selection Sunday, gets several teams ranked each year, is a city oriented league in big Eastern markets, etc. If we were in that league, with rivals more in tune with our Northeastern urban culture, we would stop referring to them as the NBE overnight. They've been in existance long enough by now such that referring to them as the NBE is petty more then reflecting a fact-based lack of respect for them nationally. They are not disrespected nationally at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr