The Athletic: KO Article | Page 16 | The Boneyard

The Athletic: KO Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's inspiring to see this kind of integrity in action.
Aren't you the middle aged drunk who routinely gets tossed from basketball games?

And you want to talk integrity?

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Aren't you the middle aged drunk who routinely gets tossed from basketball games?

Taking a stand in public and accepting what comes from it sounds like integrity to me.

Reaction Score

You never post any inside info on recruiting or basketball. Its obvious that u r making this crap up. If you know stuff, then you would be commenting on recruiting, player heights n the UCONN administration. You know none of these. You are nothing but a troll

Reaction Score
You never post any inside info on recruiting or basketball. Its obvious that u r making this crap up. If you know stuff, then you would be commenting on recruiting, player heights n the UCONN administration. You know none of these. You are nothing but a troll
Lolwut

Reaction Score
Still no concrete evidence or info. You r a troll n got no credibility. This should be be obvious to everyone by now
Believe what you'd like

Reaction Score
It is very important to know and share the player's heights.
I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one but lol

I've also never claimed to be some program insider. I have a hard time believing anyone who lives in Connecticut hasn't heard things. I have had the same stories repeated to me enough by different people that it's hard not to take at least some of it at face value.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
But would it last longer than his tenure? Not sure if you noticed, but we are being dragged through the muck with him at the helm.

Based upon what? So far all I've seen are unsubstantiated rumors and innuendo, all alleged by the "Fire Ollie!" crowd. There is absolutely nothing of substance being reported by any journalists or anybody else that might be in a position to really know anything.

Reaction Score
Based upon what? So far all I've seen are unsubstantiated rumors and innuendo, all alleged by the "Fire Ollie!" crowd. There is absolutely nothing of substance being reported by any journalists or anybody else that might be in a position to really know anything.
Because Jacobs and Amore are Woodward and Bernstein.

Reaction Score
Because Jacobs and Amore are Woodward and Bernstein.
Just another case of people thinking journalists print every rumor they hear, regardless of whether or not they can substantiate it with sources that will go on the record. I would hope people realize the standards for posting on a messageboard are different than the standards a journalist holds themselves to.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
It is not "wildly exaggerated." The program and what's going on behind the scenes is a trainwreck

According to whom? Anybody that really knows anything, or just a bunch of internet posters throwing a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors around hoping that anybody believes what they allege?

UConnNick

Reaction Score
You've warped this into your own little narrative. Show cause was only brought up in the context of his buyout. It was A. Keep Ollie, B. Find $10mm or C. Hope for cause. Those are the only scenarios

You're exactly right. Choice C is a pipe dream.

Reaction Score
Its all BS. The stuff that they insinuate are not tolerated at UCONN. UCONN is not SEC football. We are at foremost an academic school. I am a mid level administration with the Med school and have seen Kevin Ollie in Blueback sq before. Never heard anything bad from the people in Blueback Sq or from the administration. This information is coming from somebody who finally admit that he is no insider and got no inside info. I am not happy with the last 2 seasons but I will not sit around and let some fraud attack UCONN with disinformation.

Reaction Score
According to whom? Anybody that really knows anything, or just a bunch of internet posters throwing a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors around hoping that anybody believes what they allege?

You can believe whatever you'd like to believe. I have had no agenda except for trying to help explain why the program currently looks like crap. The people I've talked to, both on and off the internet, are lifelong UConn fans. They have no reason to lie. When you hear the same things repeated to you from people who don't even know each other, it would be stupid to put your head in the sand.

Reaction Score
Its all BS. The stuff that they insinuate are not tolerated at UCONN. UCONN is not SEC football. We are at foremost an academic school. I am a mid level administration with the Med school and have seen Kevin Ollie in Blueback sq before. Never heard anything bad from the people in Blueback Sq or from the administration. This information is coming from somebody who finally admit that he is no insider and got no inside info. I am not happy with the last 2 seasons but I will not sit around and let some fraud attack UCONN with disinformation.

You can't even put sentences together. I have a hard time believing you work for a University.

Reaction Score
Why didn't you tell us sooner? As someone in mid level administration with the Med school, you clearly would be the first know of any behind the scenes drama going on with the basketball program, if there was any.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Every time someone comments about it, it gets deleted. Not sure what you want people to do about that.

Gee, maybe that's because the moderators aren't comfortable with posters alleging unsubstantiated rumors and innuendo on a fan message board? Even when certain posters have PM'ed me, they don't acknowledge that the rumors are anything but that, just unsubstantiated rumors based on zero personal knowledge.

Reaction Score
Why didn't you tell us sooner? As someone in mid level administration with the Med school, you clearly would be the first know of any behind the scenes drama going on with the basketball program, if there was any.
surely he knows all of the players heights. does he maybe know their weight, too?

Reaction Score
Gee, maybe that's because the moderators aren't comfortable with posters alleging unsubstantiated rumors and innuendo on a fan message board? Even when certain posters have PM'ed me, they don't acknowledge that the rumors are anything but that, just unsubstantiated rumors based on zero personal knowledge.
I don't have an issue with it being deleted. I just think it's funny that people complain that "no one actually says what it is, it's all cryptic, yadda yadda" when there really isn't a choice but to be vague

Reaction Score

What a relief! I am absolutely certain that the people in Blueback Square have all the answers. And if they have nothing bad to say the program must be in much better shape than I had thought.

I feel so silly now thinking there might be some issues with the program.

Reaction Score
What a relief! I am absolutely certain that the people in Blueback Square have all the answers. And if they have nothing bad to say the program must be in much better shape than I had thought.

I feel so silly now thinking there might be some issues with the program.
no. I'm just a troll. 10,000 posts and a member for 2.5 years. The longest troll in boneyard history (outside of Chief). I've been waiting years for this opportunity.

Reaction Score
surely he knows all of the players heights. does he maybe know their weight, too?
Did u ever post any insightful info on the UCONN MBB program? The short answer is no. For all the free time that u have to post here. I expect more info and basketball knowledge. Its obvious you don't know the coach, admin or current players. Keep making stuff up dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom