The 2018 New York Yankees Thread (and wow what a thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The 2018 New York Yankees Thread (and wow what a thread)

Reaction Score
They could trade him for a bag of batting practice balls for all I care. He gave up the first run not running after yet another ball he couldn’t handle as a **y catcher and then gave up a chance to win by dogging it..ride him out of town. Trade him to Jeter straight up for his catcher now

Reaction Score
They could trade him for a bag of batting practice balls for all I care. He gave up the first run not running after yet another ball he couldn’t handle as a **y catcher and then gave up a chance to win by dogging it..ride him out of town. Trade him to Jeter straight up for his catcher now

AUSTIN ROMINE AUSTIN ROMINE

Reaction Score
You guys are way overreacting. Not defending Sanchez for last night's debacle, but Sanchez is a key piece if the Yankees was to win championships. Romine is a nice player and might be the best back-up in the game, but his upside is nowhere near what Sanchez brings. I felt the same way about Greg Bird when many where calling for him to be benched and now he's showing what he's capable of. We know that Sanchez can play at an All Star level when he's right as he's shown it. Just need patience.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Yankees place Sanchez on the 10 day DL with a groin strain. He has stated he did not do his job.

But he had this problem last year and Girardi benched him for a few games. Before Sanchez was called up, the book on him was a very good hitter but his defense was questionable. Seems we are still in the questionable area.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Getting Britton allows the Yanks the ability to deal with a 4 inning start such as German and Cessa and others have had this season. To be honest, there are not a lot of quality starters available. And teams are asking for the likes of Andujar or Torres as part of deals for a starter. That's not going to happen.

BTW - the Red Sox traded for the Ray's Nathan Evoldi.

Reaction Score
Looks like Gary Sanchez is out for at least a month. So much for those, like Mike Francesca, saying that the DL was just an excuse to cover up his lackadaisical effort from the other night. I guess we'll see if Austin Romine is ready to handle the full time catching duties over an extended period of time.

Reaction Score
Looks like Gary Sanchez is out for at least a month. So much for those, like Mike Francesca, saying that the DL was just an excuse to cover up his lackadaisical effort from the other night. I guess we'll see if Austin Romine is ready to handle the full time catching duties over an extended period of time.

Doesn't at all excuse his dogged effort the other night. He turned the jets on when he realized he was going to look like a fool so he had that in him to beat that out. If you can't complete running down the ball after you allowed it to hit off your shin pad or running to first then don't play and put your team at risk of losing a game. He didn't risk it he lost it. Hey I like the guy but that was total BS don't care about the DL he cost the Yanks a game no excuse for that effort.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling the pitching staff is doing cartwheels.

Evoldi nice move wish it was us. He's had a solid year and will be a nice addition, and probably a better option vs that Yanks than Price.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lefty JA Happ now a Yank. Drury and Billy McKinney to Jays.

Severino
Happ
Tanaka
CC
Sonny

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Lefty JA Happ now a Yank. Drury and Billy McKinney to Jays.

Severino
Happ
Tanaka
CC
Sonny

Hopefully a good move. Starting rotation looking better. The addition of Britton in the pen is a big plus.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Judge out 1 month due to hit by pitch on wrist. Yanks can endure this. Will be interesting to see if they import a bat. Twitter is funny with ideas.

Bird needs to become the word again.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Judge out 1 month due to hit by pitch on wrist. Yanks can endure this. Will be interesting to see if they import a bat. Twitter is funny with ideas.

Bird needs to become the word again.

So far Cashman has given up very little for Britton and Happ. Does Cashman have another deal up his sleeve? Hamels is off the table. Could he go for Adam Jones? Might be an interesting couple of days.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Yanks acquire Lance Lynn, RHP, from the Twins for Austin and Rijos. Shreave and Galeegos traded to the Cards.

Tomorrow could be real interesting!

Reaction Score
Yanks acquire Lance Lynn, RHP, from the Twins for Austin and Rijos. Shreave and Galeegos traded to the Cards.

Tomorrow could be real interesting!

Got a lot of international bonus pool money as well.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I really like Austin. Hope he finds success as a Twinkie.

Severino
Happ
Tanaka
Lynn
Sabathia
Gray

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
DOWN GOES HAPP!!

Hand, foot and mouth disease.

Online statistics