The 2018 New York Yankees Thread (and wow what a thread) | The Boneyard

The 2018 New York Yankees Thread (and wow what a thread)

Reaction Score
Andujar 2-2, with a RBI double right (right after a Drury triple) and walk off hr (yes I know its only spring training). Crazy you could possibly have Andujar, Frazier and Torres start the season in AAA, along with Florial, Sheffield and Adams. Forget the mlb club I might watch the SWB Yankees instead ;).

Reaction Score
As a fan of the NY Giants, NY Knicks and UConn MBB, it has been a long year. Can't wait for opening day. I haven't been this excited about a baseball season in a long time. If they stay healthy, they'll be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
As a fan of the NY Giants, NY Knicks and UConn MBB, it has been a long year. Can't wait for opening day. I haven't been this excited about a baseball season in a long time. If they stay healthy, they'll be fun to watch.

Same here normally I put baseball on hold fro a while because of Uconn in March, its pretty sad when Uconn MBB is more unwatchable then Uconn Football.

The Yankees just signed Neil Walker team is just an embarrassment of riches a great problem to have but will be very hard to put this roster together, gotta think Andujar and Torres are gonna be starting the year in AAA.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Above tweet may be the cause of latest Bird injury.

Reaction Score
Stanton goes yard twice on pace for 324 hrs.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Season has been average at best to start. Stanton needs to get comfortable in NY it isn’t Florida anymore.

Reaction Score
Season has been average at best to start. Stanton needs to get comfortable in NY it isn’t Florida anymore.

Team is terrible with RISP, you can blame injuries but the replacements have played well the team has put up runs but in critical situations they are terrible getting the runs in they can't even get productive outs like a sac fly. Its early still you wouldn't expect Stanton and Sanchez to keep struggling like this, I think Didi should be moving up in the lineup, I like Didi either batting 2nd or 3rd, move Stanton and Sanchez down a spot in the lineup for more balance.

polycom

Reaction Score
Team is terrible with RISP, you can blame injuries but the replacements have played well the team has put up runs but in critical situations they are terrible getting the runs in they can't even get productive outs like a sac fly. Its early still you wouldn't expect Stanton and Sanchez to keep struggling like this, I think Didi should be moving up in the lineup, I like Didi either batting 2nd or 3rd, move Stanton and Sanchez down a spot in the lineup for more balance.

Yeah, this sox series will be telling to see if they rise to the occasion.

Reaction Score
Yeah, this sox series will be telling to see if they rise to the occasion.
Not sure it will be telling at all. Ton of guys on the DL, Stanton and Sanchez both slumping, regardless of the outcome, the current status of the Yankee roster is not going to be indicative of their season outcome.

polycom

Reaction Score
Not sure it will be telling at all. Ton of guys on the DL, Stanton and Sanchez both slumping, regardless of the outcome, the current status of the Yankee roster is not going to be indicative of their season outcome.

I mean last season didn’t the Yankees lose the AL east by 2 or 3 games... all the games matter. Sox are hot now it’s important they show up against good teams all season long. It may not be indicative but it could be a sign

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stan The Fan!

NY headline

Reaction Score
I mean last season didn’t the Yankees lose the AL east by 2 or 3 games... all the games matter. Sox are hot now it’s important they show up against good teams all season long. It may not be indicative but it could be a sign
Yeah, every game counts, but to say that a couple games in April mean squat about how the whole season will go is nuts. If the Yankees finish 2 or 3 games behind the Sox, so be it. It will be 100% more about the Sox 17-2 start than any 2 or 3 games the Yankees play all year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, every game counts, but to say that a couple games in April mean squat about how the whole season will go is nuts. If the Yankees finish 2 or 3 games behind the Sox, so be it. It will be 100% more about the Sox 17-2 start than any 2 or 3 games the Yankees play all year.

Yankees now 4 out just win and will gain ground on either the Jays or Sox. Lineup looking deadly with Andujar and Torres at the bottom of the order and Tyler Austin as well. Just need to get that rotation in order.

Reaction Score
Aaron Judge was discussing after the game what the Yankees need to do to stay hot. "The biggest thing is to just get some runners on when Didi's hitting. That's the only thing we need to do," he said, smiling. Nothing that Gregorius is doing right now surprises him. Added Judge: "It's pretty cool to just see that as a teammate. All the hard work he's put in over the years ... I'm excited for the rest of the year for him."

Reaction Score
Aaron Judge was discussing after the game what the Yankees need to do to stay hot. "The biggest thing is to just get some runners on when Didi's hitting. That's the only thing we need to do," he said, smiling. Nothing that Gregorius is doing right now surprises him. Added Judge: "It's pretty cool to just see that as a teammate. All the hard work he's put in over the years ... I'm excited for the rest of the year for him."

Or, they could schedule more games against the Twins.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
How come I have trouble hitting a little round ball just laying there on the grass and Didi is hitting 95 MPH fastballs like they are the size of basketballs. Totally en fuego. He might be the biggest steal in modern Yankee trade history. Great all around player.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Won 11 out of the last 12 games. Pitching is improving. We will see how German does in Montgomery's spot.

Severino was brilliant last night. 5 hits and 10 K complete game. Stanton was himself. The two young guns, Torres and Andujar, are proving they belong. Sanchez is coming out of his early season funk.

Still a long way to go but things are looking very good.

Reaction Score
Won 11 out of the last 12 games. Pitching is improving. We will see how German does in Montgomery's spot.

Severino was brilliant last night. 5 hits and 10 K complete game. Stanton was himself. The two young guns, Torres and Andujar, are proving they belong. Sanchez is coming out of his early season funk.

Still a long way to go but things are looking very good.

Severino was amazing last night, he was throwing 100 mph in the 9th inning last night. Good to see a game where Stanton carries the offense not that the rest of the lineup wasn't hitting the ball well the Astros seemed to catch everything last night so a lot of loud outs, Stanton hit the ball in areas the Astros couldn't get to. Gleyber what a play he made in that 8th inning when the Astros were threatening with runner on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Great baseball these last 3 games by both teams should be more of the same tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom