That will do it. | Page 11 | The Boneyard

That will do it.

Reaction Score
No. He's saying that random mass player exodus and roster turnover is not normal and that the coach should have a plan to keep who he wants and nudge others out the door if necessary.
Thanks J. Exactly what I was saying. Kathy, of course players can make a decision to leave. KOs comments were a window into his not seemingly having a plan. That's all.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
They should have never given him this contract.

Our present school administration has been snookered by sports agents over the past few years. Wave some smoke and mirrors threat that you might leave in front of them and the keys to the kingdom are yours. Somebody on management's side of the bargaining table needs to develop some backbone. These deals were negotiated with coaches that were already here. They wrote checks on a rapidly depleting bank account like a drunken sailor on extended shore leave.

Reaction Score
The biggest concern I have is that the administration will screw up this hire. For, me Hurley is the obvious choice. If bringing him in means bringing back Tom Moore and having Hurley Sr., Jim Calhoun and Blaney hanging around the gym..YES PLEASE!!! It would be between us and Pitt.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
We happened to lose our McDonald's All American and probably our best PG. That's a might big injury for a team that started the season short handed

Terry Larrier was recovering from a torn ACL, not an easy thing to do. Then, when he was playing a little better and the team looked like they were jelling in January and won three straight, he fractures his nasal cavity and he sucks the rest of the year

Actually having to explain this to UConn fans is pathetic, and it's no surprise what people like your post either. The only teams they ever make excuses for are our opponents, because it advances their hatred of Ollie narrative. That's all that matters to some, the nuances of the truth be damned
None of that accounts for the poor coaching. We play like a bunch of guys playing pickup at the Y. Look at the team stats like assists. Leadership is a force multiplier - an effective coach will make mediocre players play above expectations, opposite for a weak coach. KO is not an effective coach.

KO will be fine. He'll be a great assistant in the NBA.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No. He's saying that random mass player exodus and roster turnover is not normal and that the coach should have a plan to keep who he wants and nudge others out the door if necessary.

it's normal with any coaching chance that players will leave/transfer.

an ideal scenario would be for a Hurley or an Oats coming in and keeping Jalen, Vital, Whaley, Carlton, retaining akinjo and matthews, and bringing in their top 2 recruits from their school (i'm assuming Wilson and Gilbert aren't going anywhere to avoid sitting out 2 or 3 straight years).

Reaction Score
Really hoping regardless if KO is here or not that the roster can get a couple more pieces especially a shooter added to it in addition to the incoming recruits. I realize that a couple players would have to leave for this to happen.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was going to do a report card for the year, but I’m worried about my “F” key surviving the exercise.

There's really no constructive value in this kind of postmortem. The season is an F-. At best there might be one D snuck in there.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The announcement needs to be made tomorrow. The hire can take place three weeks from now.

Why? Just to give other schools more time to recruit our guys? Despite what posters may say, though not immensely talented, it would help a lot to have most of the core guys stay on a number of levels.

There situation isn't much worse and the job(ACC) may actually be better. In many ways, we are competing with Pitt. AD DB needs to make this public immediately.

All they need to do is get the word out to a number of interested candidates and gauge opinion. Those guys aren't going to do anything until their seasons are over. We don't want limbo here.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
it's normal with any coaching chance that players will leave/transfer.

an ideal scenario would be for a Hurley or an Oats coming in and keeping Jalen, Vital, Whaley, Carlton, retaining akinjo and matthews, and bringing in their top 2 recruits from their school (i'm assuming Wilson and Gilbert aren't going anywhere to avoid sitting out 2 or 3 straight years).

If KO and Chillious go, you should probably assume we lose Akinjo and Matthews. That's just how I see it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If KO and Chillious go, you should probably assume we lose Akinjo and Matthews. That's just how I see it.

Agreed. I’m hoping the new coach keeps chill is all.

Reaction Score
So be it. Picture us losing (with KO) to our first really good OOC opponent by 25-30 points next season. What would be the plan after that?

Reaction Score
So be it. Picture us losing (with KO) to our first really good OOC opponent by 25-30 points next season. What would be the plan after that?

To make sure we beat Wagner and Northeastern?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

You're probably right, and it sucks, but I just want the program to be good again. If it means a bad '18-'19 season because of the transition, then it's just a necessary part of trying to get the program back to where it once was.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Might be the first time I've ever seen him use the word "unacceptable". Too bad it's about 3 years too late.
Here is a quote from Jalen Adams about the season:

Although many have characterized the Huskies’ 2017-18 season as a disappointment, Adams wouldn’t go so far.

“I wouldn’t say it was disappointing. I would just say it was a huge learning season for me,” Adams said. “It helped me work on my character and my leadership.”

This quote says volumes about the program. It is from the Inquirer in today's Husky Nan section.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom