That makes no sense | The Boneyard

That makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've already faked twice. If Puyols is hurt, go for it and let Sheriffs make a play. If Puyols isn't hurt, he's made that damn kick before.

I don't get it. Could Diaco really be that dumb?

Reaction Score
Even if it had worked, and no matter how ecstatic I would've been, I still would've been pissed he'd taken that risk; as I am now.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I feel awful for our defense.
Hell I feel awful for the offense. They needed one drive and they made it to get the team a chance to tie and Diaco took that away with a terrible fake FG call

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So livid.

Just when we're ready to go forward something like this makes me scratch my head.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if you want to go for it, go for it. If you want to kick it kick it. But a fake in that spot was tough too stomach after you have shown them that play earlier in the day.

I won't kill Diaco though, hell of a defensive game plan.

Reaction Score
unbelievable.

1. Go for it
2. Kick a 42 yard fg
3. Do not fake a FG when you have done so 2 other times that same game.

Coaches put the brakes on the offense all game by (again) running Ron Johnson into the ground, not spreading Missouri out.

Reaction Score
I doubt we win in OT but the fake wasn't much of a surprise. That's stuff I do playing Madden and usually get burned .

But --- we didn't get shut out. D was stout. Nowhere near the expected 21 point spread. Don't think we lost any players this week.

Back home to Navy. I'll be there with a few folks. Can't wait.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If Boyle throws one decent pass we win the game and Diaco is a gutty genius. I hope Boyle only sees the field in mop up time. Still I would have gone with #4.

Gutty genius? Maybe the first time.

Putting the back up QB in that spot, the second time is idiotic.

Reaction Score
Bad call by Diaco, great effort by the team, brush ourselves off and move on to Navy.

We won't see another defense anywhere close to this team the rest of the year. Temple will be tough but I think we can win some games we were on the fence about.

Not going to let this fester. Bring on Navy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I posted this on another thread:

Sometimes you can out think yourself.

Regardless, I believe we have demonstrated that this staff has the program moving in the right direction (and more quickly than many may have anticipated).

If we had an offensive line we win this game.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Once the Fake FG BS call wears off I know that I'm going to be feeling much better about our chances in conference moving forward. Our defense is legit and if we continue to go the spread look on offense Shirreffs has shown he can make it work.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The call is almost so insanely idiotic it nearly wipes out everything else.

You see progress, momentum and 2 and 0 start, then play your ass off on D all day, and then this?!

Yes. Had we just missed a fg or didn't convert a 1st down I'd feel better about things.

That call though...wtf.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think he had too much confidence in Boyle. Hate to pile on Boyle but if he makes a play there they win the game.

I would have preferred they ran the offense instead of the fake, but I get why he tried it. I really didn't want to kick a FG and go into OT with bad kickers.

Progress.

Reaction Score
Had we just missed a fg or didn't convert a 1st down I'd feel better about things.

^^^This ^^^

Would have taken my chances w/ the offense on the field if no confidence in PK. We have enough weapons to try for TD or 1st down.

Reaction Score
I posted this on another thread:

Sometimes you can out think yourself.

Regardless, I believe we have demonstrated that this staff has the program moving in the right direction (and more quickly than many may have anticipated).

If we had an offensive line we win this game.

We had about ten different opportunities to make a play and we win the game. The players lost the game before Diaco did.

Missed blocks, dropped passes, special teams blunders. Reverse one of those plays and we win the game.

Reaction Score
I kind of wished he would of pump-faked the incoming lineman there but he would of probably been tripped up since he's not very mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom