That’s a wrap on the Ollie era | Page 2 | The Boneyard

That’s a wrap on the Ollie era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Calhoun story is one of the BEST risings of a Program in my lifetime - and I don't think I am biased in that.

No 30 for 30 done. So … I do not want a sliced off one on Ollie. You can tell Jimmy V but not the Jimmy Calhoun … sheesh.
E60 instead, no?

Reaction Score
Started off incredibly well, got better and then it started to go off the rails in the summer of ‘14. Alienated his bosses, the athletic director, his staff, his players and eventually all of the fans, save a myopic handful.

Two years probation and the oaf gets a three-year show cause.

What a waste of an opportunity - he could have been here forever if he had shown any interest in doing the job.
Unfortunately we got 2 different versions of Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
He should probably stop wasting money on lawyers then. By now his 14 YO is 18 so he’s got to be finished with child support... and he’s 4 years into the 7 years of alimony. He should get to work with the NBA and move on...

The idea has been floated on the BY that his legal counsel could be operating under an agreement by which they don't get paid unless they win some money. If this is the case then it doesn't cost Ollie any money to keep pursuing this until the end of time. Perhaps his lawyers will decide to stop allocating their time to what increasingly looks like a lost cause.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is there any way Ollie can drag this on, or can we finally move on with our lives?

If this isn't the final nail, then Ollie needs to see a psychiatrist.

I think his professional prospects are pretty grim these days.

A drowning man ain’t going to give up.

Reaction Score
If his attorney thinks the publicly unrevealed dirt is just on the other side - they are almost comically mistaken. If this case starts bordering on extortion - those tables can absolutely flip on him.

Yep, I don't know what he is thinking. Could get embarrassing real quick.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If his attorney thinks the publicly unrevealed dirt is just on the other side - they are almost comically mistaken. If this case starts bordering on extortion - those tables can absolutely flip on him.
Do you know his attorney?
Just wondering..................

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The 30 for 30 will be on Kevin Ollie as he has a great story. But, I think they wait until there is another chapter. Recruit out of LA, PG at UConn, journeyman NBA player who had to grind to survive in the NBA, assistant coach at top basketball school, head coach of top basketball school, winning a National Championship, then it all fell apart.

I hope the next chapter in Ollie's life is positive and we will be able to embrace him again as a great Husky down the road.

Thanks for the statement. KO had lost control of the team and he was due to be replaced. He is and always will be a Husky. He isn't the 1st UConn mens basketball coach to have a probation be the result to his actions and/or others who worked with him.

Please go away Kevin. We don’t really care where you go. Just hit the bricks. Don’t leave a forwarding address. Lose our number. Delete the email.

Complete DB statement, hating on him is pure BS and childish.

Reaction Score
The idea has been floated on the BY that his legal counsel could be operating under an agreement by which they don't get paid unless they win some money. If this is the case then it doesn't cost Ollie any money to keep pursuing this until the end of time. Perhaps his lawyers will decide to stop allocating their time to what increasingly looks like a lost cause.
You think? Is this a case that many lawyers would take on contingency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom