That’s a wrap on the Ollie era | Page 3 | The Boneyard

That’s a wrap on the Ollie era

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Do you know his attorney?
Just wondering...
I know one of his attorneys as the guy at the Big East tournament a year ago, who told basically anyone who would listen what a slam dunk case he had. I am sure he knows more now than he did then AND it wouldn’t shock me if he still doesn’t know some very embarrassing stuff about his client. That what sometimes happens to attorneys who clients are in denial.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

The 30 for 30 will be on Kevin Ollie as he has a great story. But, I think they wait until there is another chapter. Recruit out of LA, PG at UConn, journeyman NBA player who had to grind to survive in the NBA, assistant coach at top basketball school, head coach of top basketball school, winning a National Championship, then it all fell apart.

I hope the next chapter in Ollie's life is positive and we will be able to embrace him again as a great Husky down the road.

Thanks for the statement. KO had lost control of the team and he was due to be replaced. He is and always will be a Husky. He isn't the 1st UConn mens basketball coach to have a probation be the result to his actions and/or others who worked with him.

Please go away Kevin. We don’t really care where you go. Just hit the bricks. Don’t leave a forwarding address. Lose our number. Delete the email.

Complete DB statement, hating on him is pure BS and childish.
There won’t be a next chapter in his book if he keeps doubling down at the endless hole he’s digging himself into. And as someone who actually cares, in my opinion, his attorneys are not doing him any favors. They should just tell him the well is dry, get out of his flunk and get a job in the NBA. It’s over.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Bah, that's so '70s. Cryptosporidium is far scarier.
What if you had a case of 2 week long projectile diarrhea AND a shark attack? Is that something you might be interested in?

Reaction Score
What a sad story this is. As the OP said this is a wrap even for those who held on a little longer than they should have (me included). He lost control and took the program he loved with him in that spiral down the toilet. In some way knowing the "kid" he was when he got here and the man he became you fell sorry for KO. But when it all comes down to it he was handed the keys to the car which drove him to be who he was, took them from the father figure he adored and looked up to. And he left that all hanging when he became his own person, how did that work out?

Now I don't want to start a different reply but please do not take what I write now as anything in defense of KO it's just a feeling I have as this rolls out. How the fk can they not do anything to Arizona, Louisville and UNC yet easily find a way to embarrass us on something petty when it's compared to offering kids 100's of thousands of dollars to come to their school? It amazes me the way they work, Emerett is still one of the largest pcs of crap ever!

Done, it's Hurely time and Big East time. One more year of the AAC and we become UConn again, chapter 2!

Reaction Score
What a sad story this is. As the OP said this is a wrap even for those who held on a little longer than they should have (me included). He lost control and took the program he loved with him in that spiral down the toilet. In some way knowing the "kid" he was when he got here and the man he became you fell sorry for KO. But when it all comes down to it he was handed the keys to the car which drove him to be who he was, took them from the father figure he adored and looked up to. And he left that all hanging when he became his own person, how did that work out?

Now I don't want to start a different reply but please do not take what I write now as anything in defense of KO it's just a feeling I have as this rolls out. How the fk can they not do anything to Arizona, Louisville and UNC yet easily find a way to embarrass us on something petty when it's compared to offering kids 100's of thousands of dollars to come to their school? It amazes me the way they work, Emerett is still one of the largest pcs of crap ever!

Done, it's Hurely time and Big East time. One more year of the AAC and we become UConn again, chapter 2!
Didn’t Pitino get fired over this? And isn’t the FBI part of this now? I think this is bigger than the NCAA and takes longer - be glad we only had these infractions...

C

Chief00

I have the same mixture of feelings - and Emerett is the worse excuse for a human and Chief seldom gets involved in name calling.

Reaction Score
I hope that these headlines (and they are front page sports everywhere) do not mess up any BE momentum UCONN and Hurley just got. Recruits can read too, sometimes.

Reaction Score
There won’t be a next chapter in his book if he keeps doubling down at the endless hole he’s digging himself into. And as someone who actually cares, in my opinion, his attorneys are not doing him any favors. They should just tell him the well is dry, get out of his flunk and get a job in the NBA. It’s over.
Maybe he just doesn’t want to work anymore after not working for 5 years.

Reaction Score
USA Today basically writes KO got dinged for sending student managers to off season practice runs to keep stats. Really?

Seems conspiratorial ... but it was a little heavier

Reaction Score
Both Jacobs and Anthony calling for UConn to settle. I just don't get it. What incentive at this point does UConn have to settle? They hold all the cards at this point. They both point to PR issues in their columns -- what is that? A story that breaks, stays in the cycle for 12 hours and then disappears. For the amount of money on the line, I see no reason why UConn needs to settle with him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Both Jacobs and Anthony calling for UConn to settle. I just don't get it. What incentive at this point does UConn have to settle? They hold all the cards at this point. They both point to PR issues in their columns -- what is that? A story that breaks, stays in the cycle for 12 hours and then disappears. For the amount of money on the line, I see no reason why UConn needs to settle with him.

I think UConn tried to settle. It's Ollie that needs to adjust his expectations. At this point, maybe throw him $250k to go away. He was never getting more than a couple of million. Never.

Reaction Score

It’s gotten ugly

Kevin Ollie gets a nice huge haircut but a little salve for the wounds. You move on. Settle.

Reaction Score
It’s gotten ugly

Kevin Ollie gets a nice huge haircut but a little salve for the wounds. You move on. Settle.

I just think it's been fought this long -- it's clear he won't get anything, so why settle? I get the moving on part, but I think ball firmly in Ollie's court to just drop this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom