Texas & OK ask to join SEC? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Texas & OK ask to join SEC?

Reaction Score
UConn burned its football program to the ground and damaged its basketball program by staying in the AAC to collect a few extra exit fee checks. We should have left for the Big East as soon as Louisville got the last life raft to the ACC
Yeah, so then people could criticize them for throwing in the towel prematurely and get that hypothetical Big Ten invite. Truth is, at the moment in time, it was probably a lose/lose for UConn and its athletic department.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I know its schadenfreude and I should be above it but I love other schools who counted their chickens in these leagues getting screwed the same way UConn got it. The ACC and PAC better not get too comfortable. This could easily got to 32-40 teams in a 2 conference super-league by 2025. I think it will take 10 years longer but I love it, love it, love it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The first surprising development of this round of CR is that 8 leftovers of the Big 12 are still being considered as front runners for being added to another league. It is like there is some kind of branding inertia for these programs that, other than Kansas and maybe TCU, are basically worthless to any other league are still branded as P5 and therefore they are considered credible candidates for the other P4 conferences.

I would not put a single of the remaining Big 12 schools, other than MAYBE Kansas to the Big 10, as the most valuable realistic addition to any conference.

The most valuable available teams to add:

Pac 12 - BYU, Boise
Big 10 - Kansas, UConn
ACC - UConn

Reaction Score
The first surprising development of this round of CR is that 8 leftovers of the Big 12 are still being considered as front runners for being added to another league. It is like there is some kind of branding inertia for these programs that, other than Kansas and maybe TCU, are basically worthless to any other league are still branded as P5 and therefore they are considered credible candidates for the other P4 conferences.

I would not put a single of the remaining Big 12 schools, other than MAYBE Kansas to the Big 10, as the most valuable realistic addition to any conference.

Pac 12 - BYU, Boise
Big 10 - Kansas, UConn
ACC - UConn
Kansas was going to get left out the last time. I don't see any value add Kansas provides the Big Ten as a standalone. As far as UConn, I don't get how so many on here are pounding their chests. Sure, the Big East is 1000x better than the AAC. But in terms of money, we still would be far better off in the Big Ten or ACC. This will be fascinating to watch. People are debating whats next for the remaining schools in the Big 12. To me, the better question is what happens to Clemson, Ohio State, and USC. What are they thinking watching this?

Reaction Score
Kansas was going to get left out the last time. I don't see any value add Kansas provides the Big Ten as a standalone. As far as UConn, I don't get how so many on here are pounding their chests. Sure, the Big East is 1000x better than the AAC. But in terms of money, we still would be far better off in the Big Ten or ACC. This will be fascinating to watch. People are debating whats next for the remaining schools in the Big 12. To me, the better question is what happens to Clemson, Ohio State, and USC. What are they thinking watching this?
It may not be the case forever, but currently the Big10 is the richest media deal. They get $55 mil each compared to say 46ish for the SEC. This move likely changes the game but Ohio State will be fine. To me the interesting player in this is Clemson. 10 years ago it was Florida State but programs tend to regress to the conference mean over the long run as coaches retire or are replaced etc. FSU and Miami before them were once the Big Prizes. Clemson really should be looking around to maximize their value. USC has flirted with independent status fairly recently and might well do so again.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
That's exactly what I thought and I'm nobody. The remaining Big 12 members are screwed.

Reaction Score
For Fsake---I logged into my account for the first time in 3 years today, just because CR is heating up again...I swear to God I still feel the PTSD from 8 years ago

Has Tuxedo Yoda checked in on this Texas stuff? I can't believe I just wrote that sentence.....SMDH

CR board, the Phoenix has risen. Can long discussions of 'Rent' expansion be far behind?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
CR board, the Phoenix has risen. Can long discussions of 'Rent' expansion be far behind?

In two months the boneyard will be filled with posts complaining about HCREs conservative play calling and running draw plays on 3rd and 7, posts complaining about people arriving to The Rent in the 2nd Quarter and the Students leaving in the 3rd Quarter, along with pages of posts about potential conference realignment scenarios.

It is like a 15 year time warp.

Reaction Score
In two months the boneyard will be filled with posts complaining about HCREs conservative play calling and running draw plays on 3rd and 7, posts complaining about people arriving to The Rent in the 2nd Quarter and the Students leaving in the 3rd Quarter, along with pages of posts about potential conference realignment scenarios.

It is like a 15 year time warp.

Be careful with that time warp stuff, the 'banned board' may rear its ugly head with you know whom as moderator.

Reaction Score
I saw a rumor that had Colorado, ucla, usc, Stanford to the B1G

Reaction Score
Colorado is a growth state and rich people love Colorado. I could see it.

Reaction Score

Pac 12 - BYU, Boise
Big 10 - Kansas, UConn
ACC - UConn

That depends on how UConn's football is seen as a great viewing match up for national TV...It is football..football, football..

No longer "markets" or footprints...but actual eyeballs that will watch.

ACC Commissioner at this week's ACC Kickoff meetimg:

"As I've stated since my first day as ACC commissioner, football must be No. 1 priority for us, for all of us, our schools, the league, ACC Network, our partners, coaches," he said. "We've been collaborating for months to ensure that ACC football has the mindset of 24/7, 365, and we're working together to further elevate football in the ACC. We're just getting started.

"That commitment to football will not be at the expense of our other 26 sponsored sports. You don't have to deemphasize any sport simply to provide additional resources to others or concentrate on football."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom