Texas & OK ask to join SEC? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Texas & OK ask to join SEC?

Reaction Score
UCF and Houston would probably be the first 2 replacements.
That would crush AAC Football. ESPN loses the easy money filler programming they abused for so long.

Reaction Score
I know it's fun to speculate, but everyone takes these things at face value. UT & OU may indeed want to move.
BUT they also may know that it will never happen (or they'd make impossible demands of the SEC so it ultimately failed) and this merely gives them even more leverage with the B12.

Or they're putting the squeeze on the PAC.

Reaction Score
Houston is obvious. West Virginia would push like hell to get Cincy and Memphis in, and both would make sense given the market size both of those teams would bring.

Last spot would either go to Tulane for the New Orleans market + geographical continuity or one of the Florida teams for those markets.

Either way, as @Fishy said, this is the end of the AAC.
Tulane? Hell no.

Houston, Cinci/Memphis, UCF/USF or Boise/BYU.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I thought I'd never come back here....but here I am! Let the scenarios, slash marks, tweets from random nobodies, and more begin!!

I agree with whoever said that it's nice to feel like we can sit by and watch this time. We should definitely inquire but I have a feeling there won't be anything to inquire about. Whatever is left in the Big 12 will be on par with the AAC. Our current situation is better than that.

Reaction Score
I will follow-up on this: as much as this outcome would be awesome, have to wonder if the Big 10 would step in and take the two remaining AAU schools from the Big XII: Kansas and Iowa State.

Either way, it is nice not have this have any significant consequence to UConn. At worst, nothing happens. At best, the conference improves / UConn gets to regularly play better teams.
Kansas would never join the Big East and honestly the Big 10 is good enough to not need Kansas in basketball. I think they get stuck

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Kansas was about two hours from having to join the Mountain West during the last Big 12 realignment saga. I don’t see them joining the B1G and even if they did I see almost no way the B1G is interested in adding a SECOND Iowa team, even if they are an AAU school.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Possible Big 12 candidate list?

1626905232932.png

Reaction Score
I will follow-up on this: as much as this outcome would be awesome, have to wonder if the Big 10 would step in and take the two remaining AAU schools from the Big XII: Kansas and Iowa State.

Either way, it is nice not have this have any significant consequence to UConn. At worst, nothing happens. At best, the conference improves / UConn gets to regularly play better teams.

I fail to see how this may not be of consequence to UConn. Rule 1 of conference realignment...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I fail to see how this may not be of consequence to UConn. Rule 1 of conference realignment...
I feel like our conference luck is like this:
Bowling Fail GIF by WannaPlay Studio

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It will be of consequence to UConn but I believe it will be a net-positive for us when all the dominoes fall.

Reactions: VCE
Reaction Score
So what are the scenarios for us?

Would we be interested in joining a league with Kansas, Baylor, West Virginia, and the other Big 12 leftovers or remain in the Big East? I'd sorta prefer it if I knew the Big Ten wasn't coming for Kansas and the Pac 12 wasn't coming for anyone else.

Of course my dream scenario is for the Big Ten to use this movement to go for Kansas and/or ND and there is a spot needed for a partner or an open spot in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Was listening to the Paul Finebaum show and he had the guy on who broke the story. It really sounds like this is legit. Not some click bait story.

Reaction Score
Was listening to the Paul Finebaum show and he had the guy on who broke the story. It really sounds like this is legit. Not some click bait story.
Agree. The fact that this apparently got as far as it did in the preliminary stage without any report then followed up by these non-committal statements from UT and OU means this one ain't some internet rumor.

Somehow Mh3 will take credit for this.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom