Texas @ Baylor - 1/25/18 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Texas @ Baylor - 1/25/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
It's been awhile since I've seen Baylor play. Cox and Brown are REALLY good together.

Agreed but how many of us BY posters singled out Wallace as a player to watch for Baylor? She is very skilled and very active. Baylor has more pieces than I thought.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Aston can’t coach. Let McCarty and Atkins try so many 1-on-1 plays. Doesn’t know how get the best out of all that talent she has on the bench. I wanted to see a good game, that was horrible. Hope Charli Collier’s talent isn’t wasted in Austin.

Aston cannot bring the passion out of her players. I hear all of this "Mulkey can't coach" bullwhiz. That was an incredibly well coached team that you saw tonight.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Agreed but how many of us BY posters singled out Wallace as a player to watch for Baylor? She is very skilled and very active. Baylor has more pieces than I thought.

Yeah, Wallace is really good too. I remembered her skills, but had forgotten how damn fast she is.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Wallace certainly isn't a secret to Baylor fans. I had put her in AA category but she doesn't have the numbers to support it on a normal basis. Baylor's schedule has made Wallace's contributions less than is needed against the tougher teams, so she defers to the post players on most nights. But she is the glue for Baylor and she never takes a play off. She is always on the move and at full force.

Reaction Score
Aston cannot bring the passion out of her players. I hear all of this "Mulkey can't coach" bullwhiz. That was an incredibly well coached team that you saw tonight.

Mulkey’s 2005 championship team is proof that she can coach. All that production she got from Nina Davis who wasn’t highly touted is proof as well. Kristy Wallace was the difference tonight. Really liked the hustle from Richards; she was everywhere. Brown is the best traditional center in the country; Lauren Cox is proving why she was ranked #1. The one adjustment I would like for Mulkey to make is to take Natalie Chou out of the lineup and insert Morris. She’s had too many scoreless games. She was really talented coming out of high school, not sure what happened.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wallace certainly isn't a secret to Baylor fans. I had put her in AA category but she doesn't have the numbers to support it on a normal basis. Baylor's schedule has made Wallace's contributions less than is needed against the tougher teams, so she defers to the post players on most nights. But she is the glue for Baylor and she never takes a play off. She is always on the move and at full force.
Kristy Wallace is the Kia Nurse of Baylor. She is the ultimate glue player and does all the intangible things that don't show up in box scores.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
What happened to the Texas team that played UConn? The only thing I seen that resembled the game against UConn, were the flying elbows (different player). Brown made White look like a rag doll. Also, the Refs whistles worked in this game, and Texas had a player to foul out.

Reaction Score
Baylor may very well run the Big 12 again this year. Brown and Cox have become a formidable duo especially on the rebounding end which impresses me the most. Wallace is always capable of having the games like she did tonight but the only issue is consistency. I have all due respect for Mulkey for being able to coach with what she has but my only gripe is that can she coach past the elite eight.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mulkey’s 2005 championship team is proof that she can coach. All that production she got from Nina Davis who wasn’t highly touted is proof as well. Kristy Wallace was the difference tonight. Really liked the hustle from Richards; she was everywhere. Brown is the best traditional center in the country; Lauren Cox is proving why she was ranked #1. The one adjustment I would like for Mulkey to make is to take Natalie Chou out of the lineup and insert Morris. She’s had too many scoreless games. She was really talented coming out of high school, not sure what happened.

Agree on Morris. Chous is simply not producing and Morris should be in the game as long as she is not in foul trouble.

Richards really surprised me tonight. This was her first really big game and she came out with so much energy. She showed me a lot tonight.

I can only imagine this team next season when all that freshman talent hits campus. The future is definitely bright for Baylor.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor may very well run the Big 12 again this year. Brown and Cox have become a formidable duo especially on the rebounding end which impresses me the most. Wallace is always capable of having the games like she did tonight but the only issue is consistency. I have all due respect for Mulkey for being able to coach with what she has but my only gripe is that can she coach past the elite eight.

Time will tell. I think that a 3 seed in the NY region is what Baylor needs to spur them past the E8. And that is what most are predicting at this time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Mulkey’s 2005 championship team is proof that she can coach.

I saw that team in the first and second round in Seattle. They advanced fairly easily, but I wouldv'e never guessed they were going to cut down the nets that year. I was quite surprised how the Tournament unfolded.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I hear all of this "Mulkey can't coach" bullwhiz. That was an incredibly well coached team that you saw tonight

You are correct. It is just bullwhiz. I don't care who your opponents are. If you win 84% of all your games; you do know how to coach. Both Baylor and Miss St are looming large.

Reaction Score
I had a work event and was driving to Frisco from Dallas when this game started. I was at the Dallas Mavericks sub league game where a BU men's player started. We were in a suite and to my happiness BU was really kicking ass. Watched from 2nd half on and WOW so proud but not surprised by my bears. Baylor is as good as they look and I think the top 3 teams truly separate themselves from the pack. So proud of my bears. I feel different about Chou, she is truly a stater but just in a slump and it is effecting her mentally. Go bears!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
OK class, Baylor beat a Texas team by 25 tonight that UConn struggled to beat by 4. What did we learn from this game? Is Baylor that good, or did Texas have an "off" night?
Is this the year that Baylor busts through and makes it to the final four, or do they get "ambushed yet again by an assailant or assailants unknown? :confused:

Baylor looked awful good tonight. Can they run the table the rest of the season, and maintain this level of play all the way through the tournament?

Is Baylor's bracket a bracket you don't want to be in, or a team you don't want to see in the tournament?

What's YOUR take? Gimme the scoop. :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Baylor certainly passing the eye test here tonight. Guess we'll see what's more important to the selection committee: their dogmatic love of strength of schedule, or not looking quite so stupid in the next reveal. :rolleyes:
The committee has been quite consistent in how it evaluates teams. It doesn't give away #1 seeds to teams who haven't beaten anyone good. Which was the case with Baylor — until tonight. Hence Baylor's seeding will rise just on the strength of this win alone. If Baylor beats West Virginia and Oklahoma State in the next two games, their seeding will rise even higher.

The committee won't be changing course, but Baylor's resume will.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Time will tell. I think that a 3 seed in the NY region is what Baylor needs to spur them past the E8. And that is what most are predicting at this time.
Baylor won't be a 3 seed unless they lose multiple games before selection day. If Baylor runs the table in its backloaded schedule, they'll be a 1 seed. They might even be able to take a loss and still be a 1 seed. Their remaining schedule is such that they're going to be a high 2 seed at the least.

Plebe

Reaction Score
"what most are predicting" -- Not true.

The committee's initial reveal isn't a prediction of where teams will be seeded. It's where they would be seeded if the season ended at that time. Big difference. Not sure why this concept is so hard to grasp.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for Rellah Boothe to put up the 40 and 20 or whatever she promised.

I had almost forgotten about her. Did she redshirt? I’m thinking that Jolmes would have been better off to redshirt no more than she is contributing. She’s running out of time.

How can a player be off for that long and not have improved her shot? Surely she had enough time to practice shooting.

Reaction Score
Where is Southie?!?! She has given me so much crap about BU and trolled the BU boards this summer about how UT will run the table this year. Southie and another UT fan got blocked because of how mean, rude, and classless as they were. I wonder where they are now? I still don't think this is the best BU team we can see. Let Natalie get out of her slump and have Juicy hitting and you will be done for.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Where is Southie?!?! She has given me so much crap about BU and trolled the BU boards this summer about how UT will run the table this year. Southie and another UT fan got blocked because of how mean, rude, and classless as they were. I wonder where they are now? I still don't think this is the best BU team we can see. Let Natalie get out of her slump and have Juicy hitting and you will be done for.

Southie spilled the beans that she still trolls the Baylor board. I sure would be interested in hearing her supreme insight on Baylor and how they haven’t yet played a quality team. That analysis may still be accurate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom