• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Baylor looking awfully good. 61-40 BAY with 1:43 left in third
Brown and Cox with 15 pts ea, 8 reb ea, Cox adds 3 ast and 5 blks

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Baylor has been up in McCarty's and Atkins' shorts all night. Everything they had done has been rushed and challenged. I am really proud of the Baylor guards, especially Wallace. She is the Energizer bunny.

Cox took a lot of grief last season for not living up to her number 1 ranking coming out of high school. She and Holmes have certainly taken different paths.

UCONN guarded them close as well and they still hit shots. Not tonight. I saw them with some time early and they missed open shots. They couldn't get untracked and it turned into a blowout.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mulkey has brought this team along so well. Yes, the OOC SOS was pathetic, but she knew what she was doing when she scheduled the way she did.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mulkey has brought this team along so well. Yes, the OOC SOS was pathetic, but she knew what she was doing when she scheduled the way she did.
Meh, I can remember other years in the very recent past when Baylor ran roughshod all over Texas and the rest of the Big 12, but still crapped the bed in the postseason. Let's hold off on the grand pronouncements for a while.

Baylor is playing very well, don't get me wrong. But Texas, much as in its games against Tennessee and TCU, is faceplanting.

Reaction Score
Texas is having their a** handed to them. Granted it is at Baylor, wow are we not as good as I thought? Nah, that can’t be, in Geno we trust!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To me, Minnie Mouse (Richards) has been most impressive for Baylor, she is every where.

Reaction Score

Maybe... but I'm thinking she didn't realize they'd be this good. They lost 3 pretty prominent seniors in Alexis Jones, Alexis Prince, and Nina Davis.

Reaction Score
If TX plays as well as they played against UConn they may keep it within single digits but that is a big if. TX is not consistent and Baylor generally has their number. Baylor wins by 15 imho. Whatever people think about their weak OOC schedule, Baylor is FF level.
Looks like you are right on. Baylor is destroying them. Up by close to 30 points with 5 minutes left in game. The twin towers of Baylor have awakened.

Reaction Score
Baylor. Looks. Tuff. If these are the kind of teams that will go deep into the tournament, it is going to be a real war.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it was Baylor playing great, or Texas not playing very well at all... but this was not the same Texas group that played UConn a few weeks ago. They looked confused, hurried, unable to shoot from outside, and unable to compete under the basket. Baylor consistently out hustled Texas all night. During a time out Coach Aston asked her Team "Are you afraid of them?" "Because you all look like you are playing scared."

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
To me, Minnie Mouse (Richards) has been most impressive for Baylor, she is every where.

She played a great game. This was really the first big test for the freshmen and they performed extremely well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Texas sure don't travel well. I tuned out at 34-20, but mostly because all those bigs had my case of bigs envy all inflamed.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I loved the post game handshake between the head coaches, a walk by without either one looking at the other

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
McCarty and Atkins were a combined 8-30 from the floor. Is it just my imagination, or are many of the better players really inconsistent this year? Durr laid an egg for Louisville tonight, her second straight sub par game. Mitchell has been fairly up and down for tOSU. Even UConn's players aren't immune, every one of their Big 6 have had a couple games at least where they weren't very efficient or impactful. Ionescu has suffered through a few games w/ really poor shooting. Canada and Billings from UCLA have been really up and down. Give me consistency! I think I got really spoiled watching a certain player in purple and gold last season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I loved the post game handshake between the head coaches, a walk by without either one looking at the other

There is no love lost there. Other than Coale, there is no coach that Mulkey enjoys beating more.

Reaction Score
Baylor certainly passing the eye test here tonight. Guess we'll see what's more important to the selection committee: their dogmatic love of strength of schedule, or not looking quite so stupid in the next reveal. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If Brooke McCarty fell out of a boat, she would miss the water...it’s been that bad!
Im debating on instagram. Some said Brooke is better then Dangerfield. I do NOT agree. CD is a general out there. Brooke is just a Captain.

Reaction Score
Aston can’t coach. Let McCarty and Atkins try so many 1-on-1 plays. Doesn’t know how get the best out of all that talent she has on the bench. I wanted to see a good game, that was horrible. Hope Charli Collier’s talent isn’t wasted in Austin.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor certainly passing the eye test here tonight. Guess we'll see what's more important to the selection committee: their dogmatic love of strength of schedule, or not looking quite so stupid in the next reveal. :rolleyes:

I have to agree. Strength of schedule doesn't win games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom