Texas @ Baylor - 1/25/18 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Texas @ Baylor - 1/25/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Watching this game I think we see why Geno has been so hard on the team this year. Based on what I have seen Miss State and Baylor are better than Notre Dame and Texas and we survived those games by the skin of our teeth. We need to get better if we are gonna win a championship this year. This certainly isn't the UConn is by far the best team type of year like many thought it would be.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
We've had conversations on minutes played here by a team, most notably UConn and, to some degree, ND, and the reasons/rationale/strategy behind the numbers.

Was interested to see your view on the Baylor minutes, that's all.
So, I'll try to take the Mulkey-Aston-Coale triangle of animus out of the question.
To do so, I went to three recent wins against KSU (75-50), Kansas (83-48) and Iowa State (79-50). The mega-minutes by the big three -- particularly Brown -- is still there:

- Against KSU, Brown played 37 minutes and Cox 34.
- Against Iowa State, Brown 39, Cox 39 and Wallace 34
- Against Kansas, KB 36 minutes and KW 31 minutes.

Looking at the box scores (quarter by quarter), most of these games were pretty safely in hand.

So, I see those minutes and wonder the rationale behind them.
- Does Kim Mulkey believe in getting that machine well-oiled?
- Does she not believe her bench players can seal the deal?
- Lots of injuries that preclude her from doing so?

Once again, interested in your take. Thanks for consideration.

Brown and Cox play a lot of minutes because Mulkey doesn’t really have a back-up post player. If Mulkey puts in the reserves and they don’t play well they get pulled.

IMO, Mulkey plays the starters because she expects her team to play at a high level and doesn’t want to reward players who are not performing well with minutes.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Brown and Cox play a lot of minutes because Mulkey doesn’t really have a back-up post player. If Mulkey puts in the reserves and they don’t play well they get pulled.

IMO, Mulkey plays the starters because she expects her team to play at a high level and doesn’t want to reward players who are not performing well with minutes.

Thanks for the reply.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323
Top Bottom