Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice article from April on Tevin Mack. Can score like crazy, needs to work on defense and ball handling, also not the greatest pure athlete (all by his own admittance).

Scroll to the bottom for a blurb on Jones. Basically says, freak athlete, can win any dunk contest, but very skinny and no real offense at all, will need to really work on his offensive game. I am very hesitant about wing players who are "freak athletes" and have been playing basketball most of their lives but still have no real offensive game at 17 years old. I agree with several others here, I think Mack is the best fit for us and the most well rounded of the three, from what I have seen and read.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-saturday-tevin-mack-outshines-seventh-woods/

Reaction Score
I don't get all the lack of athleticism talk. Kid looks plenty athletic to me. Reminds me a lot of Jeremy Lamb. He's long, quick, and has some bounce. Sure he's not a freak athlete like jones but this kid has plenty of athleticism for major d 1 basketball.

To me, a guy like briscoe seems like he has far greater athleticism concerns, and he's top 10 and you don't hear nearly as much about it; yet every Mack article references this apparent lack of athleticism. I don't see it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Nice article from April on Tevin Mack. Can score like crazy, needs to work on defense and ball handling, also not the greatest pure athlete (all by his own admittance).

Scroll to the bottom for a blurb on Jones. Basically says, freak athlete, can win any dunk contest, but very skinny and no real offense at all, will need to really work on his offensive game. I am very hesitant about wing players who are "freak athletes" and have been playing basketball most of their lives but still have no real offensive game at 17 years old. I agree with several others here, I think Mack is the best fit for us and the most well rounded of the three, from what I have seen and read.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-saturday-tevin-mack-outshines-seventh-woods/

I just hope that he is not a super pure athlete like, let's say Rashad Anderson, rather than like Scottie Haralson (who I read graduated 3rd in his high school class). He looks like he has some of the moxie that Rashad brought to the Huskies. After watching a bunch of games from the 2003-2004 season, mostly big games and tourney games, I came away struck by how good that team could be and how clutch Rashad was for that team. Time after time, there were key points where our guys were in some trouble and Rashad made big plays. Not only 3's (but he made huge 3's), but drawing fouls, passing on shots to feed the post for easy 2's, and fighting for rebounds. We could use another one kinda like him.

Reaction Score
The more I see and read about Mack the more he seems like he has very similar skills and weaknesses as Denham Brown and DeAndre Daniels (minus deandre's low post game). Doesn't have a great handle, not the best athlete or defender, but very good at scoring, especially deep. Also at 6'7" he falls right between Denham and DeAndre size wise.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The more I see and read about Mack the more he seems like he has very similar skills and weaknesses as Denham Brown and DeAndre Daniels (minus deandre's low post game). Doesn't have a great handle, not the best athlete or defender, but very good at scoring, especially deep. Also at 6'7" he falls right between Denham and DeAndre size wise.
What's the most point he's ever scored in 1 game, has he ever been called an X factor?

Reaction Score
From what I've read and the little I've seen I would say Mack has a little more length and definitely a better handle than Denham, Denham was pretty stacked but dribbling was always a weakness for him, they both can put the ball in the hoop though. Mack has scored 40 before which is equivalent to the 111 Canadian points Denham scored.

Reaction Score
I admit that I kinda wish our fanbase was like VCU, so that I could see how his visit is going in real time. This weekend!

Reaction Score
I admit that I kinda wish our fanbase was like VCU, so that I could see how his visit is going in real time. This weekend!
Or how practice is going. Has the team practiced since last Saturday? Has Rock knocked someone on their ass? Has Omar missed a shot yet?

Reaction Score
Mack has a better handle and a more fearless jumper.

Denham would have been better but his shot got shaky come game time. He is a beast from outside on the playground but he didn't have the programming to make it happen in real games.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Any chance we hear anything in the next few days?
I'm going to out on a limb on this one. If Zionn did not say "Next" or if Zionn choses to comment with a euphoric Love it!!! you can read into it that it's a distinct possibility of that chance.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Is anyone else seeing that Mack and D-Ham are the same exact type of player?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
DHam is a much better ballhandler and passer
I'm not so sure about the ball handling. He may be a better passer but Mack can handle the ball pretty well for someone 6'7". D-Ham is just a special talent to be able to play the 2 at 6'7"-6'8". But he and Mack excel in similar areas. Both are sharpshooters, both can score in bunches, both can handle the ball, and both are slender SG/SF hybrids and play very similar games.

Reaction Score
One of the VCU posters is saying Mack shouldn't go to UConn because Nnamdi Amilo will be a senior next year and will take his playing time, lol.

They might be more delusional than our PC and Syracuse counterparts.

caw

Reaction Score
One of the VCU posters is saying Mack shouldn't go to UConn because Nnamdi Amilo will be a senior next year and will take his playing time, lol.

If that ever happens, every single player should want to come to UConn bc Ollie just turned a [legit] walk-on into a better player than a top 30ish recruit. That would be magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom