Terry Larrier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

View attachment 14292 View attachment 14291
In his last two instagrams he appears to have put on a lot of muscle.

I am the first one that hopes Travis changes his program and starts to see some successes. Too early to tell if he has gotten away from his academic theories and starts to be driven by what works.

The only reason I give him a hard time is to motivate him to do better either through self motivation or management supervision. Perhaps both are happening now.

Reaction Score
Am I suppose to be impressed and disregard the NBA consensus that after 2 years under Travis, DHam had to get much stronger?

The picture of Larrier is maybe a starting point - what many 20 year old students look like who casually workout - our UConn MBB standard needs to be much higher.

Quite frankly, I will gladly be impressed when someone shows me a picture and I see functional strength performance in a basketball game - I will be the first to congratulation Travis and the player.

Again I wish Travis the best - but these gymnastic pictures are totally unrelated to Travis or the team he worked with at Bama - check his work history - I may soon reveal why they are so ridiculous - but I want someone else to do some basic research.

His work history is that he was the strenght and conditioning coach for the #3 ranked division 1 gymnastics team in the country, and has been given plenty of credit by those involved with the program.

He cant force dham or anyone else to work out or diet correctly, it's up to the players to follow through, and the coaches to hold them accountable.

Millions of people go to the gym and see solid results completely on their own (including me) WITHOUT a strength and conditioning coach. It's pretty simple to do, but you actually believe a man who has a PHD in this stuff, and his D1 work history, doesn't know how to impliment a weight lifting regiment that works? That kind of speculation on your part is just ridiculous.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It's easy for these kids to look jacked in July when they have all the time in the world to lift. I imagine once they start a full practice regimine, classes, games etc lifting is the first thing cut.

C

Chief00

Hopefully skipping leg day doesn't nullify the work on his arms. He looks like beast, really great to see.
Quite frankly, so often in basketball plays start with keg explosion or core body strength. That's been my disappointment with Travis's Brimah program - he gets so moved out of position by being overpowered on lower body strength what arm strength he may have gain becomes irrelevant.

C

Chief00

His work history is that he was the strenght and conditioning coach for the #3 ranked division 1 gymnastics team in the country, and has been given plenty of credit by those involved with the program.

He cant force dham or anyone else to work out or diet correctly, it's up to the players to follow through, and the coaches to hold them accountable.

Millions of people go to the gym and see solid results completely on their own (including me) WITHOUT a strength and conditioning coach. It's pretty simple to do, but you actually believe a man who has a PHD in this stuff, and his D1 work history, doesn't know how to impliment a weight lifting regiment that works? That kind of speculation on your part is just ridiculous.

Was it a women or men's gymnastics team?

Reaction Score
I don't even know what to say anymore.

Say nothing. You feed the delusion by acknowledging him.

I have a hunch he needs help and isn't getting it from a professional, family, or friends. We're not in a position to help him so it's best to ignore IMO. I find it sick when people make fun of him... He's been on here long enough and persistently enough it's not just some weird kid. Just a sad man or woman that needs some therapy, rehab, or even just a friend or two.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What I imagine Travis' face would look like if he were to ever see this thread of some guy named Chief referencing him by name with oddly specific criticisms without knowing what's actually going on in the weight program.

KMzYj.gif

Reaction Score
What I imagine Travis' face would look like if he were to ever see this thread of some guy named Chief referencing him by name with oddly specific criticisms without knowing what's actually going on in the weight program.

KMzYj.gif
Seriously, what a loser

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think we're missing the point -- Chief's real critique of Travis lies within the comment he makes occasionally that "Travis is KO's guy". For whatever reason, Chief has a problem with the current coach bringing in his own people (i.e. Travis, Danny Griffin, folks like that) as opposed to keeping the entire JC regime intact. All of this stuff about academic theories is hot air - Chief is just upset that the prior training staff, which was probably loaded with his old cronies, got jettisoned because KO had the audacity to bring his own people in.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, so often in basketball plays start with keg explosion or core body strength. That's been my disappointment with Travis's Brimah program - he gets so moved out of position by being overpowered on lower body strength what arm strength he may have gain becomes irrelevant.

Maybe your worst post ever.

I've seen kegs explode. And I've seen basketball plays. I've never seen those two events intersect.

You're going off on the strength and conditioning coach for running a poor program and you use as evidence a unicorn event.

I bring this up because I don't know if the programmers of the Chief00 bot have a response for exploding kegs on a basketball court.

Reaction Score
It's easy for these kids to look jacked in July when they have all the time in the world to lift. I imagine once they start a full practice regimine, classes, games etc lifting is the first thing cut.
That is a good point. They also burn a lot more calories once they start practice, cardio, running, etc. I hate to sound like Chief with a name drop here, but....
Tony Robertson once told me "it's easy putting on muscle in the offseason. Keeping it on once you start running, practice, games, travel, etc. is the hard part."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That is a good point. They also burn a lot more calories once they start practice, cardio, running, etc. I hate to sound like Chief with a name drop here, but....
Tony Robertson once told me "it's easy putting on muscle in the offseason. Keeping it on once you start running, practice, games, travel, etc. is the hard part."

Calhoun credited in-season weightlifting for Ben and Emeka's success.

Chin goes on record right now. A program needs overall performance expectations from the HC. The W&C executes the plan. 12-14 young adults will all develop differently. No single program can be used as a cookie cutter for all the players.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Since we seem to be on this topic, I have noticed that Florida's players under Donovan used to balloon up with muscle at ridiculous rates. I always thought they had certain supplements involved because their guys all had similar characteristically, almost bulbous forms. Look up all the guys on the 2014 team, they all had the same exact ridiculous build. Just a random relevant thought.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Since we seem to be on this topic, I have noticed that Florida's players under Donovan used to balloon up with muscle at ridiculous rates. I always thought they had certain supplements involved because their guys all had similar characteristically, almost bulbous forms. Look up all the guys on the 2014 team, they all had the same exact ridiculous build. Just a random relevant thought.

Guess you never saw the Gatorade commercials.

C

Chief00

I think we're missing the point -- Chief's real critique of Travis lies within the comment he makes occasionally that "Travis is KO's guy". For whatever reason, Chief has a problem with the current coach bringing in his own people (i.e. Travis, Danny Griffin, folks like that) as opposed to keeping the entire JC regime intact. All of this stuff about academic theories is hot air - Chief is just upset that the prior training staff, which was probably loaded with his old cronies, got jettisoned because KO had the audacity to bring his own people in.

Daniel Griffin is a great guy - like him a lot. Where does this come from? I am just looking at S&C results - don't pay attention to what I said - listen to all the NBA Executive sources and scouts about DHam's strength. That's not me talking .

As for my relationship with KO compared to JC - KO has done me a favor and with JC - it might have been the other way around - LOL - so why would I feel that way? KO has always been a great guy to me - and we go back a long ways - I admire his work ethic - and I have told stories about his early morning workouts with Pat Knight during his CT Pride Days, a couple of which I saw first hand. A guy who stuck with him during those days is not a band wagon fan.
I encouraged Warde to hire KO on a permanent status. I have criticized some of Glen Miller's Bigs coaching and Glen was a Calhoun guy. I have also praised him.

Ok - I admit I loved Calhoun and what he did and the attitude he did it with. Man, the dude is a Hall of Fame coach - why are you hating on me for admiring that?

Calhoun was also the guy who pushed KO to be head coach. True, I knew and know people on the staff - big deal - I have supported guys when they are down - Clyde V and Nate Miles - but I criticized JC for having a blind spot for JD - I criticized the current staff for not developing Bigs both physically and skill wise. I have also praised KO and JC many times. No one was more excited than me that night the news officially broke on Drummond going to UConn - I went out and bought complete strangers drinks that night - along with true UConn people.

Reaction Score
He recruited a different type of player. Teams like Florida, Baylor and Cincy have always recruited built kids. We almost always bring in skinny kids, it's hard for a lot of ectomorphs to put on bulk especially when you are playing 5 hours of basketball a day.

C

Chief00

Maybe your worst post ever.

I've seen kegs explode. And I've seen basketball plays. I've never seen those two events intersect.

You're going off on the strength and conditioning coach for running a poor program and you use as evidence a unicorn event.

I bring this up because I don't know if the programmers of the Chief00 bot have a response for exploding kegs on a basketball court.

Before you go too deep into your conspiracy theories - it's just a typo - "kegs" should be "legs" even on this holiday weekend.

Reaction Score
Maybe Hamilton refused Travis advice?

That's not from casually working out, there's a substantial difference in the size of Larrier's arms.
Good point. I think people put too much emphasis on the trainer. I'm pretty sure if you work your ass off with any trainer's work out you will see positive results. I think the same goes with coaches. Some coaches are seen as developers of talent. If they were so great at developing talent, why do only certain players show huge improvement and not all of them? It is the players that work the hardest to improve that improve themselves. I think some of Calhoun success at developing players is because he would not accept anything but hard work and probably intimidated some players into improving.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Before you go too deep into your conspiracy theories - it's just a typo - "kegs" should be "legs" even on this holiday weekend.

Bottom line is your posts have been ineffectual since JC left the program. You are better off posting on the gymnastics board.

All that money Andre has thrown your way has made you soft.

Do you even lift bro?

C

Chief00

Good point. I think people put too much emphasis on the trainer. I'm pretty sure if you work your ass off with any trainer's work out you will see positive results. I think the same goes with coaches. Some coaches are seen as developers of talent. If they were so great at developing talent, why do only certain players show huge improvement and not all of them? It is the players that work the hardest to improve that improve themselves. I think some of Calhoun success at developing players is because he would not accept anything but hard work and probably intimidated some players into improving.

Quite frankly, part of coaching is motivating and setting expectations with consequences. Over-all, I think both JC and KO did/do that. I think our strength program, in particular as it applies to our Bigs, is a work in progress - if one is to be optimistic.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Daniel Griffin is a great guy - like him a lot. Where does this come from? I am just looking at S&C results - don't pay attention to what I said - listen to all the NBA Executive sources and scouts about DHam's strength. That's not me talking .

As for my relationship with KO compared to JC - KO has done me a favor and with JC - it might have been the other way around - LOL - so why would I feel that way? KO has always been a great guy to me - and we go back a long ways - I admire his work ethic - and I have told stories about his early morning workouts with Pat Knight during his CT Pride Days, a couple of which I saw first hand. A guy who stuck with him during those days is not a band wagon fan.
I encouraged Warde to hire KO on a permanent status. I have criticized some of Glen Miller's Bigs coaching and Glen was a Calhoun guy. I have also praised him.

Ok - I admit I loved Calhoun and what he did and the attitude he did it with. Man, the dude is a Hall of Fame coach - why are you hating on me for admiring that?

Calhoun was also the guy who pushed KO to be head coach. True, I knew and know people on the staff - big deal - I have supported guys when they are down - Clyde V and Nate Miles - but I criticized JC for having a blind spot for JD - I criticized the current staff for not developing Bigs both physically and skill wise. I have also praised KO and JC many times. No one was more excited than me that night the news officially broke on Drummond going to UConn - I went out and bought complete strangers drinks that night - along with true UConn people.
Just who are you chief? Can we have some background about your connection to the program?

Reaction Score
Just who are you chief? Can we have some background about your connection to the program?

It would be pretty funny if Chief is for real and we're all just taking a dump on him. He's either delusional or he's a donor and/or very old friend to someone. I like to believe the latter because it would be funny to think someone who is a somewhat high profile donor posts under the name.

Reaction Score
These guys are all already to be able to rebound and work it inside. Can Travis teach technique, timing, reading the shot or rebound? If not they can lift all they want, if the technique and other areas don't improve nothing else will either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom