Terrible Syracuse Rumor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrible Syracuse Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow - if this happened JB will not survive it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What was Boeheim running? Seriously? You think Boeheim was using Mrs. Fine as a recruiting tool by offering her services or something?.

Have you seen her? If he was, they wouldn't have won a single game through the entire 1990s.

I'd agree that this is not a great development for Syracuse.

But I just can't get too worked up about this and I don't care what the players' parents think about. I doubt there's a person here who didn't do something in college that would have horrified their parents. If you didn't, you just did not try hard enough.

PS - My money is on DeShaun Williams.

Reaction Score
I just think that the Bernie Fine stuff, now this and there will be another thing or two that comes out I am sure. It will make JB look very bad and the media will pick up on this and he will be gone. I know kids will be kids but a school's image is important to the president/chancellor. If all of this happened maybe JB rides it out but he either knew and ignored it or didn't know his top assistant was molesting kids (and bringing them on the road with him to team functions) while said assistants wife was banging players on his team. Either way it doesn't look good. I guess we will find out soon.

Reaction Score
Have you seen her? If he was, they wouldn't have won a single game through the entire 1990s.

Oh yeah, I've seen her. Was just being sarcastic in response to the suggestion that Boeheim was "running" the program in that manner. If he'd of known and cared about his program, he'd of been running interference for the players Mrs. Fine was after.

But I just can't get too worked up about this and I don't care what the players' parents think about. I doubt there's a person here who didn't do something in college that would have horrified their parents. If you didn't, you just did not try hard enough.

I know of students who married their professors. Lots of clucking, and perhaps for good reason, but the moral outrage over this potentially analagous situation is over the top.

Nah. Only Gerry McNamara was loyal enough to take that one for the team.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nah, it wasn't McNamara.

It couldn't have been a point guard - he would have fallen into her vagina like a Columbian miner.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
In the back room of some bar in Greensboro, NC, John Swofford is crying in his beer....all the while resolving to never, ever accept a single nother Big East team into the ACC no matter what happens....

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have much respect for Cliff Robinson now having not caved to SU with that open-legged wench telling him "Yo big guy! Come ovah here!!"

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Nah, it wasn't McNamara.

It couldn't have been a point guard - he would have fallen into her vagina like a Columbian miner.

That hole was pretty tight, Fishy. How about "falling into her vagina like a..." base jumper free-falling into the Cave of Swallows.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
A sex tape with Mrs. 'Definitely Not' Fine?? I don't want to go blind.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
McNamara would still be in the bottom of that thing running 10k's every day like that Columbian dude.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Paul Harris is definitely in the mix. Anyone who has ever played basketball with a kid who was stoned recognizes when a player is baked on the court. Devendorf and Harris were baked just about every game they played. Those two probably hooked up with a lot worse than Mrs. Fine.

Otis Hill strikes me as the kind of guy that will nail absolutely anything that moves. The skinny, white 2 guard on the team that played against Kentucky for the National Championship is a candidate too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nah, it wasn't McNamara.

:eek:Good to see that you are back up to game speed Fishy

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
celuck.jpg
2011-11-28-16-16-41-5-bernie-fines-wife-laurie-fine-had-concerns-tha.jpeg

You know it's a bad hook up when both parties wake up promising never to drink again.

Reaction Score
Coleman, Forth, Jason Cipolla, Todd Burgan, Michael Lloyd, Reafsnyder, Edelin, Konecny, Devenpunk, Deshaun Williams and Tony Bland used to double team her and Preston Shumpert was really blowing kisses to Laurie Fine when he played against UConn.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Nah, it wasn't McNamara.

Just strap a 2 by 4 to the point guards ass and let him go....

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Methinks you are blowing this off a little too lightly, assuming it's true. It's not a matter of getting worked up about it, but it is a pretty sad situation if it's all true. You think a college athlete who is getting the come on from one of the coach's spouse isn't in a difficult position? As you have duly noted, there are surely more attractive local alternatives to Mrs. Fine. Jocks often have a wide range of delectable choices. I think this is not quite your average college kid shock your Mom situation. Even if the woman had zero influence over her husband, do you really think the players would know that? The players may be of consenting age, but sexual harassment has no age limit.

As far as what Boeheim knew, I suppose we might find out. But it is not a crazy idea that he might not have known a thing, Basketball teams may or may not be close knit. There is a darn lot of predatory stuff that happens within families that is often undetected for a very long time. I know very well of one case that shocked the crap out of me, an in-law of a family member, who I played a few rounds of golf with each year right up until the year it was discovered that he'd been molesting his granddaughter for a number of years. I would not have suspected the guy in a zillion years. While I wasn't super close to him, those family members who were closest to him were blown away when the story came out. And it disintegrated several lives when the truth came out.

Reaction Score
Is it wrong that I think this is an Awesome Syracuse Rumor?

I wonder if this was ever handled like that scene in Porkies. I want next!

Reaction Score
Of course it's a big deal, it just adds to the mess and shows that Boeheim has no clue/care what's going on up there with his coaches and players, plus the woman looks like Ginny Sack from the Sopranos, there isn't enough vodka in the world to make any normal person go near her bedroom.

Assumi g Bernie fine is a serial pedophiliac, it beggars belief that people didn't suspect. I buy that people didn't know, but they didn't suspect? I'm a parent, and when it comes to babysitters, and other people's babysitters, I always have questions. It's the nature of being a parent. Anyone who saw Bernie on the road with ballboys had suspicions. You can absolutely bet on that. Then again, I'm just home from a restaurant and 4 bottles of wine between 3 of us, so ignore me.

Reaction Score
No one on this board would blame Calhoun if players were stchuping Mrs. Blaney without some evidence that he knew and looked the other way. Most wouldn't care if he had looked the other way. And those who did care would only care to the extent it harmed team chemistry.

Really? LOL. 95% of us would assume Calhoun heard at least rumors about it.

Reaction Score
Clyde Vaughn was thrown overboard for soliciting for heaven's sake. Come on, I well remember people's reactions to Clive.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Clyde Vaughn was thrown overboard for soliciting for heaven's sake. Come on, I well remember people's reactions to Clive.

The shock over the Clive deal wasn't the action...but the price he was paying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom