Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
this is insane this story has been pulled into 10 different directions

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
this is insane this story has been pulled into 10 different directions

Pulled in ten different directions like Mrs. Fine's nether regions after the players had a run on her?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Fat bottomed girl you make the Syracuse hoops world go round

Reaction Score
What was Boeheim running? Seriously? You think Boeheim was using Mrs. Fine as a recruiting tool by offering her services or something?

Note to those who need it: Boeheim isn't an all knowing god. It's possible, though unlikely I know, that Mrs. Fine didn't tell him about her extramarital affairs.
No no no...Of course he wasn't "using Mrs Fine as a recruiting tool." But given all the crap that has gone on up there, and now his top assistant accused of molesting kids, and his wife allegedly sleeping with players, and Boehiem doing his Sgt Shultz impression, he either is the single most clueless individual on the face of the earth or he didn't care about all the garbage going on in and around his program. I have serious questions about his "Iknow nothing, I see nothing" routine having been part of a college athletic team and hung around college locker rooms and had 2 kids who were college athletes and hung around locker rooms. But I suppose it is barely possible. The whole situation up there just smells like a 5 day old kettle of raw fish in a heatwave...and the very idea that most people are trying to defend this guy is pretty offensive. Syracuse under Boeheim it seems is as much a rougue program as there is...can we give them to the ACC retroactively?

Reaction Score
The latest rumor is that the players in '40s were doing Larry Fine!

Larry_Fine.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No no no...Of course he wasn't "using Mrs Fine as a recruiting tool." But given all the crap that has gone on up there, and now his top assistant accused of molesting kids, and his wife allegedly sleeping with players, and Boehiem doing his Sgt Shultz impression, he either is the single most clueless individual on the face of the earth or he didn't care about all the garbage going on in and around his program. I have serious questions about his "Iknow nothing, I see nothing" routine having been part of a college athletic team and hung around college locker rooms and had 2 kids who were college athletes and hung around locker rooms. But I suppose it is barely possible. The whole situation up there just smells like a 5 day old kettle of raw fish in a heatwave...and the very idea that most people are trying to defend this guy is pretty offensive. Syracuse under Boeheim it seems is as much a rougue program as there is...can we give them to the ACC retroactively?
I think this article demonstrates that more and more things about the bb program will surface. None of them by themselves should be harmful. But taken with the Fine mess, if that mess is verified by the legal system, will be a bid problem for JB.

This passage I felt has the potential to hurt Syracuse and maybe JB:

One former associate dean said it was not the first time that an internal investigation by the university involving athletics had been questioned.
In 2007, three Syracuse basketball players were accused of sexual assault by a female student. David Potter, a former associate dean in the College of Arts and Sciences who helped the student through the process, described attempts to get her a university judicial hearing as arduous and exhaustive. Ultimately, Potter needed to meet with Cantor and Evans to schedule the hearing. Eventually, the players were cleared of the charges but found responsible for behavior “that threatened the mental health” of the woman.
On Nov. 16, the day before the allegations against Fine became public, Potter wrote a letterto the student newspaper, The Daily Orange, saying that Syracuse’s reputation could not “withstand an independent outside investigation of some of the decisions and actions of its most senior administrators without suffering the kind of damage Penn State is now experiencing.”
Potter said his experience with the administration in the case involving the basketball players left him wary of Syracuse’s internal workings.
“I have very little confidence in them handling a matter like this internally, as I worry that they would have mixed motives in attempting to carry something like that out,” Potter said of the 2005 internal investigation. He added: “That’s why I feel some ray of hope with U.S. attorney’s office and Secret Service involved. We’re getting away from this sort of incestuous stuff that goes on around here all the time.”
Link to article: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/02/s...-abuse-case.html?pagewanted=2&_r=3&ref=sports

Reaction Score
Hey Fishy, maybe 20 years ago she wasn't too bad? In any event this is sad and let's try to be a little more positive here.

Reaction Score
I read that NY times piece too and it really raises some troubling quesitons. I mean, how difficult is it for the lawyers investigating the allegations against Fine to pick up the phone and call they Syracuse PD and DA and ask if they have been contacted by Davis or is there anything they know? Yet apparently they never did anything. Apparently never even contacted Boeheim...plus the example you gave...it raises a question in my mind about how much they wanted to get to the bottom and how much they wanted to be able to say we looked into this and it was nothing...As I said, as more and more slime leaks out, I just don't see any way Boeheim lasts the season, certainly beyond the season...

Reaction Score
I think this article demonstrates that more and more things about the bb program will surface. None of them by themselves should be harmful. But taken with the Fine mess, if that mess is verified by the legal system, will be a bid problem for JB.

This passage I felt has the potential to hurt Syracuse and maybe JB:

One former associate dean said it was not the first time that an internal investigation by the university involving athletics had been questioned.
In 2007, three Syracuse basketball players were accused of sexual assault by a female student. David Potter, a former associate dean in the College of Arts and Sciences who helped the student through the process, described attempts to get her a university judicial hearing as arduous and exhaustive. Ultimately, Potter needed to meet with Cantor and Evans to schedule the hearing. Eventually, the players were cleared of the charges but found responsible for behavior “that threatened the mental health” of the woman.
On Nov. 16, the day before the allegations against Fine became public, Potter wrote a letterto the student newspaper, The Daily Orange, saying that Syracuse’s reputation could not “withstand an independent outside investigation of some of the decisions and actions of its most senior administrators without suffering the kind of damage Penn State is now experiencing.”
Potter said his experience with the administration in the case involving the basketball players left him wary of Syracuse’s internal workings.
“I have very little confidence in them handling a matter like this internally, as I worry that they would have mixed motives in attempting to carry something like that out,” Potter said of the 2005 internal investigation. He added: “That’s why I feel some ray of hope with U.S. attorney’s office and Secret Service involved. We’re getting away from this sort of incestuous stuff that goes on around here all the time.”
Link to article: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/02/s...-abuse-case.html?pagewanted=2&_r=3&ref=sports

This is not a surprise. Cuse hired a totally separate firm to investigate how the 2005 investigation was done.

It sounds smart I suppose, but you can't tell me there aren't a few nervous people who were central to the 2005 investigation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So disappointing. I mean really, if there's a sex tape of a Syracuse coach's wife with players, it needs to be Juli Boeheim.

Find this hard to believe. If Syracuse hoops players can't do better than Ms. Fine with the local co-eds, I'd be shocked if they could ever recruit another player.

Reaction Score
The odd thing is that new Chief Fowler went out of his way to avoid discussing the protocols for sex abuse claims in 2002. He absolutely refused to touch on the issue, and though he mentioned it in his report, he pointedly related that he did not know whether protocols were followed or not.

If it's not the current Chief's responsibility to get to the bottom of that, whose responsibility is it?

Once you get that orange sweat on your palms and brow it tough to dry it off.

Coverup cop, Dennis Duval in link below:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/former_syracuse_chief_dennis_d.html

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If I'm defending Fine at his assault trial, I introduce this as exhibit 1 and argue mitigating circumstances for his divergent sexual preferences.
laurie-fine__oPt.jpg
LOL. Underrated post.

Reaction Score
The whole situation up there just smells like a 5 day old kettle of raw fish in a heatwave...and the very idea that most people are trying to defend this guy is pretty offensive.

The fact that people are defending Boeheim against internet rumors concerning the wife of his assistant coach, rumors whose scope and veracity you don't know, is offensive? Get over yourself.

Reaction Score
Clyde Vaughn was thrown overboard for soliciting for heaven's sake. Come on, I well remember people's reactions to Clive.

So? That's not relevant to my assertion that no one on this board would blame Calhoun if players were schtuping Mrs. Blaney, absent evidence that Calhoun knew and did not intervene. (And by evidence, of course, I mean something other than internet athletes' vast knowledge of general locker room culture.) I did not state that people on this board wouldn't care about the stchuping. I said people wouldn't blame Calhoun.

Reaction Score
So? That's nowhere near relevant to my assertion that no one on this board would blame Calhoun if players were schtuping Mrs. Blaney without evidence that he knew and did not intervene. (And by evidence, of course, I mean something other than internet athletes' vast knowledge of general locker room culture.) I did not state that people on this board wouldn't care about the stchuping. I said people wouldn't blame Calhoun.

Everything isn't about you.

Reaction Score
Everything isn't about you.

Most things are. And in this specific case, you were drunkenly responding to my assertion, so forgive me for defending it. Even the self-centered should be able to defend themselves from alcohol induced stupidity.

P.s. I am sure if you hadn't split those four bottles of wine amongst your three friends you'd of remembered who you were responding to. But knowing you were drunk yesterday, you might have re-read the thread before you responded to me. Just sayin...

Reaction Score
Most things are. And in this specific case, you were drunkenly responding to my assertion, so forgive me for defending it. Even the self-centered should be able to defend themselves from alcohol induced stupidity.

P.s. I am sure if you hadn't split those four bottles of wine amongst your three friends you'd of remembered who you were responding to. But knowing you were drunk yesterday, you might have re-read the thread before you responded to me. Just sayin...

Uh, no. Wasn't responding to you. But if you want to take everything personally, be my guest.

Reaction Score
Uh, no. Wasn't responding to you. But if you want to take everything personally, be my guest.

Okay. Let's play that game. Whose post were you responding to? Which post prompted your Clyde defense of the board?

I apologize to everyone else for wasting their time on this, but I think you are a liar right now, and your self righteous positions seem like nothing more than self agregandizement. If you'd lie about something as trivial as something you drunkenly proclaimed on a message board, well, nuff said. You are not trustworthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom