Terrence Samuel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Samuel is more creative and a better finisher than Taliek was as a freshman. Taliek had to play as a frosh because the only other guard on the team was Robertson, who was definitely NOT a point guard. Taliek would not have seen the court if he had guards like Boat and Napier on the team.

Reaction Score
Samuel is more creative and a better finisher than Taliek was as a freshman. Taliek had to play as a frosh because the only other guard on the team was Robertson, who was definitely NOT a point guard. Taliek would not have seen the court if he had guards like Boat and Napier on the team.

Taliek was a McDonald's All-American and one of the more coveted point guard recruits in the country. He would have "seen the court."

Reaction Score
Samuel is better than most people thought, I feel very comfortable with him out on the court and he should get more run. I think there is a good chance we lose last night if he wasn't put in.

Reaction Score
I think what we are learning is that TS should be getting OC's minutes. Let OC rest and get ready for next year mentally and physically. He is providing us nothing at this point even though Ollie has done everything for the kid to prove himself. I actually think TS has a better outside shot than TB did. He might not be as polished a ball handler yet as Sr. TB but he is improving. Love to see him at the point with RB and SN at the wings. It really gives them a chance to rest from the ball handling duties and a chance to be a scorer after penetration.

He can be the 2014 version of SN from the 2011 team who came in and gave us great defense and ball handling relief.

Reaction Score
Taliek was a McDonald's All-American and one of the more coveted point guard recruits in the country. He would have "seen the court."
Yup. One of the 3 big time PG recruits from NYC that year (Him, Omar Cook and Andre Barrett). Only one of those three has a ring :)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Loved the look we gave USF with Bazz/Boat/T-Sam at 1-3. Hopefully we see it a bit more.

Reaction Score
It will probably be tough to throw out the 3 guard set of Boat/Bazz/Samuel against Cincy because you still need Kromah to guard Kilpatrick.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow is a grown mans game which means we need at least 8-10 minutes from T Sam. I like a 3 guard set tomorrow with Terrence coming in to give guys rest, especially Kromah.

Reaction Score
TS doesn't shoot much, but it's clear he has been working on it.

Early in the year, he took a couple shots and looked terrible. Just Awful.

But the last couple times he has shot (rarely when he does), he has had great form, and i believe he is 2-2 from 3 in his last 2 attempts.

This kid is much better than who we thought we were getting.

caw

Reaction Score
Kid takes under studying for Napier and Boat seriously.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Scott Hazelton was a McD AA. That doesn't mean much. Taliek became a good point guard his senior year. He wouldn't have seen the court if UConn had guards like Boat and Napier on the team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
C'mon Nelson.
Taliek > Hazelton and it's not even close. Scotty got a break being McD AA. I think Taliek proved himself.

Reaction Score
Scott Hazelton was a McD AA. That doesn't mean much. Taliek became a good point guard his senior year. He wouldn't have seen the court if UConn had guards like Boat and Napier on the team.

He would have "seen the court" no doubt but I don't think as frosh he would have seen a ton of time over Bazz and Boat….maybe more equal to Boat depending on the defense required…..but while he was a TO machine as a frosh a lot was expected from him as the only PG that year…...

Reaction Score
No doubt.
And there's another pretty good point guard on the bench who likely has been in his ear.
There are several actually. PGs get the luxury of learning from KO, Hobbs and Ricky. What a great place to play PG, studying under an All American, Boat and 3 former PG coaches. I think the future is very bright for TS.

Reaction Score
Agreed. That being said I can't blame Ollie for giving Calhoun some minutes tonight after the reports of his best few days of practices this year earlier this week.

BUT....it did not translate. Hopefully at some point he comes out of this funk. It's crazy how much he is struggling.
I wholeheartedly agree. TS was the reason we won the other night, he provided the team with a huge lift Wednesday. We all want Omar to break out his funk but continuing to play him over TS and more deserving guys the rest of the way hurts the team. Maybe KO can give him a few minutes against Rutgers, but I'd prefer to keep seeing TS and all the energy and additional ball handling he brings to the table.

Reaction Score
Kid got lots of minutes in a tight, tough game with minimal errors. Throw in a good, strong drive and a nice steal. He did a solid job giving a blow to the starters.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If DeAndre's struggles continue, then our best lineup is the Bazz, Boat, Samuel, Kromah, and Brimah, with Giffey and Nolan as the first two off the bench getting minutes. The defense we played today was unreal, got terrific pressure on the ball.

Reaction Score
Love TSam, can't wait to see how his career progresses, he's been an actual difference maker these past two games and not just someone occupying minutes

Reaction Score
Kid got lots of minutes in a tight, tough game with minimal errors. Throw in a good, strong drive and a nice steal. He did a solid job giving a blow to the starters.
I liked everything about this post except for your diction going with "giving a blow to the starters." I'd say that needs a rewording.

Reaction Score
Energy
Very un-DM like using just one word to make your point, but I agree a 100%. let me just add Contagious Energy. He seems to spark the team and get his teammates to play with more energy. I'd like to see KO put him in there more often when the team seems to be standing around on offense or not making plays on D.

He's pretty good at finishing around the rim. Not a very good jumpshooter or FT shooter, but continues to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom