Terrence Samuel | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was giving us energy when he came in last week when Calhoun was out. Than Calhoun comes back and nothing for Samuel against Temple or SMU. And the slog began.

There's no excuse at this point for Samuel not to be getting minutes. Especially over Calhoun.

Reaction Score
He was giving us energy when he came in last week when Calhoun was out. Than Calhoun comes back and nothing for Samuel against Temple or SMU. And the slog began.

There's no excuse at this point for Samuel not to be getting minutes. Especially over Calhoun.
Agreed. That being said I can't blame Ollie for giving Calhoun some minutes tonight after the reports of his best few days of practices this year earlier this week.

BUT....it did not translate. Hopefully at some point he comes out of this funk. It's crazy how much he is struggling.

Reaction Score

Yes indeed.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
TS really gave a lift to the team when he played and that back door pass by NG and the up and under by TS was fantastic. And shortly after TS totally missed his defensive assignment and USF drains a three to cut the lead to 6. I thought KO was going to take him out during the time out, but he kept him in until the under six minute time out.

Reaction Score
This is the type of player who can change a teams fortunes come tourney time. He powerful quick and mkes Uconn very fast This is where coaches make their marks. He needs to trust Samuels and sit Calhoun--play him consistent minutes rest of way./

Reaction Score
TS needs to play over OC. The only thing OC gives us is the occasional rebound. His offensive game is garbage right now. TS gives us energy, speed, ball handling and defense. We don't need outside shooting as we have enough. We just need someone who can run the offense and breakdown his man and give the open shooters looks. With TS out there with SN & RB it really opens up the offensive options. Let's give the kid some run.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Really loved the three-guard set. Think that was the first time all year we got Shabazz, Boat, and T-Sam on the court at the same time. It drove me nuts when he came out and South Florida completely erased our lead. Ollie never put him back in. Don't get it.

Reaction Score
We also stopped playing zone D when we lost our lead. USF was able to get the ball back inside and we lost their 3 point shooter. Samuel really got things going with his hustle. I also never want to see OC inbound the ball for us again.

Reaction Score
I think it's in Omar Calhoun's best interest to sit and watch the rest of the way. He's getting nothing out of the way he is playing the game--he is mentally shot on the court. He needs a summer of reshaping the way he plays the game.

Again highest reiteration---Coach Ollie --you've done a very good job all year. Trust Samuels the rest of the way with 20 minutes--just trust him. I settle for a couple of mistakes with the kind of d speed and aggression he gives us. He could be this years Jeremy Lamb effect. I think he was +18 in his 8 minutes.

Reaction Score
I think he was +18 in his 8 minutes.

If true that is an amazing stat...and I don't think it is an anomaly, I posted a couple weeks ago that every time Samuel goes in our lead seems to expand. It would not shock me if he had the best +/- stat on the team. Is that available somewhere?

Samuel's effect on the team in similar to the effect Ricky Moore had on the team his freshman year. Ricky was like a turbo booster every time he went in. That season collapsed when Ricky hurt his shoulder in the first tournament game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Should have went zone from the start. USF is garbage at 3's.

T.Sam is a good zone defender.

Reaction Score
Samuel was a, if not the, difference maker, on the 18-0 run, defensively and offensively. Very impressed.

Reaction Score
Yes, he does. If our guards come out flat in the first half, get him in there and see what happens.
Agree. TS deserves to be out there, especially when the team is in need of a spark. Terrance plays with great intensity every time he sets foot on the court. I wish the rest of the team would follow suit, especially coming out of the half.

Reaction Score
Definitely time to pull the plug on Omar (its just not his year) - Samuel needs his minutes - plus more depending of the matchup. I have more confidence in Samuels 3pt shot than Omars at this point

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Love this TS love! Brings back memories of our excitement regarding AB.

I hope TS gets more playing time. I'm cautiously optimistic he can contribute. But with the way everyone not named Bazz has played this season, inconsistency has been the name of the game.

Reaction Score
Samuel was great coming off the bench a breath of fresh air……

Just glad KO went to zone to give us a chance……..next

Reaction Score
Love to KO and staff for developing TS and to TS for his hard work. That is not the player who signed in 9/2012 and we should remember that he signed when the program was in serious upheaval.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Samuel is going to be a very good player for UConn. The only reason he isn't playing now is that two of the best guards in the country are above him on the depth chart.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
TS reminds me of a young Taliek Brown. Like him, TS is a powerfully built NYC PG who can dish and penetrate, but some difficulty with FTs and outside shots. At the end, Taliek led us to NC #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom