Terrence Samuel | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
He had a great impact on the game today. Similarly to the USF game our lead grew while he was in there... Not a coincidence. I'm glad Ollie left him in while he played well and even subbed him in for Boat defensively at the end of the game. Impressed with his energy, especially defensively

Reaction Score
Love this kid. Big (for a guard), strong, tough, can beat anyone off the dribble, and is a terrific defender for the limited experience he has. Pure hustle. He had a great pass to Kromah for a easy layup towards the end of the game. Looks every bit like a good New York guard.

Reaction Score
He is my family's scholarship player.- lode seeing him pick up his game. He is a great person as well.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He would have "seen the court" no doubt but I don't think as frosh he would have seen a ton of time over Bazz and Boat….maybe more equal to Boat depending on the defense required…..but while he was a TO machine as a frosh a lot was expected from him as the only PG that year…...

Am I hearing mauconnfan defending Taliek?

Reaction Score
Frankly I think Taliek and Samuel were about the same skill level as freshmen - with Taliek just maybe having an extra gear of speed. Taliek was clearly overrated by the recruitniks so expectations were higher. And he was given the keys from day one, which he wasn't ready for.

Reaction Score
If DeAndre's struggles continue, then our best lineup is the Bazz, Boat, Samuel, Kromah, and Brimah, with Giffey and Nolan as the first two off the bench getting minutes. The defense we played today was unreal, got terrific pressure on the ball.

While I like Kromah as much as anyone he cannot play the 4. You are delusional if you think that's our best starting lineup, unless we're playing midgets.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I loved T-Sam attacking the pressure defense at the end of the game and making the lob that got Brimah to the FT line. It was absolutely the right play. Press forces you to make a quick decision. He held up incredible well there. The bounce pass to Kromah and the tough take on the baseline were gravy.

Bazz is a husky of honor for my money, and I know it will be a tall order to replace what he and Chrome have brought to our backcourt this year, but adding Purvis, Hamilton and Sam II am to Boat, T-Sam and Omar will have us loaded up again next year with Turtle and Prince in the pipe for 2015.

Reaction Score
All I want to know is where are the posters who claimed Tsam was a "borderline DI prospect"... There were many earlier this season.

Reaction Score
He's pretty good at finishing around the rim. Not a very good jumpshooter or FT shooter, but continues to improve.

DM, this isn't directed at you alone, but...

People keep saying that TSam isn't a good shooter like they're reading it of his HS scouting report. It's no longer true. He has worked very hard on his shot obviously, and has taken the coaching he was given. He doesn't shoot much, but during the last 10 or so games, he has hit nearly every shot he's taken, and shot FT's at a respectable clip. He takes the ball to the basket when the opportunity arises, and defers to the older guys when it doesn't, but when he shoots now, he has great form, and a nice release, and the ball has gone in. Early in the season, he looked terrible shooting....but his shot has changed completely.

If given the chance, i really think he could be an OK shooter this season, and a very good one in the next 3 years.

I'm on the TSam bandwagon obviously.

Also, i agree with the poster who wants more Facey. I want more Facey.

Reaction Score
Will definitely be a better player than Donnell Beverly.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Samuel is a bigger, stronger version of Taliek Brown.

And Samuel is well ahead of Taliek when it comes to smartly taking the ball to the rim and finishing strong. Samuel hasn't had near the ball handling responsibilities of Taliek yet, but they are similar.

And both a disruptive ball hawks at the point and on the wing.

Samuel has a bright future ahead of him in a Huskies uniform.

Reaction Score
Will definitely be a better player than Donnell Beverly.
I know this is sacrilegious but Donnell Beverly took 4 years to become a decent spot player. TS is a decent spot player as a freshman. With excellent passing skills, a decent handle, a apparently a good work ethic. Where DB was a clubhouse leader TS will be a floor leader.

Reaction Score
I've got a feeling that Terrence will be a starter next year.

TS, RB, DH, DD, AB

Reaction Score
Boatright
Purvis
Hamilton
Daniels
Brimah
Bench: Tsam,Cassell, Facey, Calhoun, Nolan, Lubin... wow. Gonna have to earn minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom