Terrence Samuel Transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Horrible news. He's the type of player that peaks in his senior year and that you want coming off the bench and for depth chemistry and continuity.

This is the part of CBB but I can also understand. All players want minutes--I guess Id rather get my minutes with a different college if my coach cant guarantee that I will be in the running for 15-20. No matter what this is a negative but I wish Terrance the best and I thank him for the help he gave the team.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
A post like that without a quote to tell us just whom it is that is an awful human being is pretty weird. Don't know if you did it that way, or if the filters remove the quote from people on my ignore list, many of whom are there because they kinda-sorta fit your description.

I did quote another member's post, but I'd be willing to wager money that he is indeed on your ignore list.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
This is kinda sad. I thought he could be a solid 2nd unit guy next season but we all have to realize that sometimes guys would rather fight for playing time elsewhere . My take on this situation is that we may quietly have two more new players coming in next year. Good luck Terrance Samuel and hopefully your game improves and you transfer to a situation that allows us to see you play a few games.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Welp, time to change the avatar.

Right now I don't give a damn about what this "means" about Gibbs or someone else coming in, I'm just sad this great kid is leaving. We probably don't beat Villanova in 2014 without him, and he loved UConn and had as much heart as anyone we've had here. Gonna miss you, T-Sam.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Why do some guys always think the worst at every move at UConn?

Is that a Connecticut gene? Thankfully, most of you made it recessive.
I believe it is. I was born and raised in CA before moving to CT and don't believe I'd experienced it before, or since.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The TSam Three Sweep (Or as the local news called it, "The Arm Swing Dance")
d9e0751c3f989a64f90cd907ee6391ca1edecd77d23c062be3304acbc3151441_large

Reaction Score
I'm really surprised by this. He just seemed like a UConn lifer. It does make me wonder if in addition to Adams, there's another guard being added for 2015/16. If not, he'd likely be getting plenty of PT next season. Even with his flaws, I really like TSam and will miss him. I wish he all the best. Wherever he lands, that program is getting a class guy and hard-worker who will instill a high work ethic with his teammates.

Reaction Score
Its always sucksto hear news like this. I will always remember fondly his contributions (especially in our championship run) but I also recognize that this may be in his best interests. Good luck TSam! You will always be a champion.

Reaction Score
I'm really surprised by this. He just seemed like a UConn lifer. It does make me wonder if in addition to Adams, there's another guard being added for 2015/16. If not, he'd likely be getting plenty of PT next season. Even with his flaws, I really like TSam and will miss him. I wish he all the best. Wherever he lands, that program is getting a class guy and hard-worker who will instill a high work ethic with his teammates.
Agreed for all he could and could not do on court he was an extremely likable kid who stayed out of trouble, represented the university with class and maturity. I remember being at a football game and my then nine year old was staring at a group of ball players in awe and out of nowhere Terrence sees this and comes up to my son and introduces himself and starts albeit a short but nice conversation. Always rooted for the kid and will continue to in his post uconn career. Thank you tsam...all the best!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Loved his heart, hustle, defense and contributions to our 2014 National Championship. Thanks for that, Terrence.

Whether or not we have another guard in the pipeline for 2015 and/or 2016, he knows we've been trying like hell to get one, and I'm sure he's aware of the perception that we need another ballhandler and scorer, neither of which have been his strengths to date.

A loss for us, but probably a good move for him if he wants to be more than a role player.

Best of luck Terrence. I hope it works out for you.

Reaction Score
Guys, you have to look at it from his perspective. We all love TSam but with Gibbs, Purvis, Sam, Omar he was concerned with playing time. At a smaller program TSam is a stud and plays 35 minutes per game.

Reaction Score
This is kinda sad. I thought he could be a solid 2nd unit guy next season but we all have to realize that sometimes guys would rather fight for playing time elsewhere . My take on this situation is that we may quietly have two more new players coming in next year. Good luck Terrance Samuel and hopefully your game improves and you transfer to a situation that allows us to see you play a few games.
People forget that he knows Ollie's system and is a capable backup bench player and point guard (very important). He had experience and if there is foul trouble/injury he does not hurt the team.I think his transfer will affect us more than poeple think.

Teams need bench players like TSam. A Championship backup point guard is a valuable thing.

This impacts chemistry as well. I really feel Adams could have benefited from TSam (played with Bazz and Boat). This is not a minor event, irrespective of his stats and whoever comes in.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
What a bummer. I understand but I am not happy. Seemed like would be a solid role player in his last two seasons. Anyways, good luck TSam!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Lots of energy and charm. I am sad to have him leave. While we needed an upgrade talent, I still saw Terrence having a role in an improved UCONN team.
Wish him all the best.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If we don't get Gibbs, this will sting. Terrence has his limitations but he's the best we had in terms of a backup point.

But no matter what, 2016 is a huge recruiting year which is a little scary.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I would guess KO laid things out for him and TSam took his time thinking it through. I wish him the best of luck. He will always be a champion to me.

Reaction Score
Very surprised, but also totally understand... He gave us everything he had for two years and i thank him for that. He obviously had his limitations, but it is now imperative that we add another ballhandler. Seems like the senior bench player is all but dead in college basketball. Feel like transferring used to be a rare thing, now it seems staying and being a 7th or 8th man is.

Reaction Score
If we don't get Gibbs, this will sting. Terrence has his limitations but he's the best we had in terms of a backup point.

But no matter what, 2016 is a huge recruiting year which is a little scary.
I'm with you on 2016 being a huge recruiting year and it kind of being scary, we have had a lot of misses and probably need to bring in 5 players. Gibbs is coming here, it would be incredibly shocking if that doesn't happen.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm with you on 2016 being a huge recruiting year and it kind of being scary, we have had a lot of misses and probably need to bring in 5 players. Gibbs is coming here, it would be incredibly shocking if that doesn't happen.
Yeah, 2016 just went from "big" to "huge."

re: Terrence, I kind of hope he ends up at St. John's and kicks the hell out of Providence, Georgetown and Villanova a little bit. And I hope we never have to face him in the tournament.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'd be lying if I said I saw this coming. I'd also be lying if I said I were happy about it... I'm left with the feeling we'll end up with a last-minute late signee point guard in the mold of Rob Garrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom