Terrence Samuel Transferring | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm shocked and bummed. I really, really thought he'd continue to develop and be a guy who played a huge part over the next two years, but with all the high-profile kids we're chasing I guess he felt like the writing was on the wall.

Best of luck to Terrence. I hope he kicks wherever he lands. He'll always be a champion.

628x471.jpg

Reaction Score
More than enough room (i.e. scholarships) to get Sterling Gibbs. I have a sneaking feeling that this is awful for UConn.

The only thing that this means is that Terrence wants to transfer for more playing time, which is due to the fact that we have more talented players coming in/on the roster. I liked TSam and thought he could still put in minutes off the bench, but I think this is just a sign that UConn is getting stronger as a program

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Damn. This one hurts a lot. Even if this means anything about Gibbs, Terrence was a big part of this team. Great locker room guy and a solid role player. He always gave us lockdown defense and always hustled. Good luck Terrence.

Reaction Score
More than enough room (i.e. scholarships) to get Sterling Gibbs. I have a sneaking feeling that this is awful for UConn.
There's another reason...Adams. TS was a big part of 2014. His role diminished this past season. He probably expected to be a starter by his junior year; and at this point he will still be behind Adams on depth chart.

Reaction Score
With Jalen Adams and hopefully Gibbs, one of the 3 of the TSam, Cassell, and Calhoun was gonna be the odd man out as far as minutes, and a 2nd was probably gonna see reduced minutes as well. I wish him luck going forward but if Gibbs is on board its not really a big deal imo.

Reaction Score
Not about the scholly its about playing time, but sure, the world is ending

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not about the scholly its about playing time, but sure, the world is ending

The fact that Jeff Goodman tweeted it says all we need to know. Yet another cog in the massive anti-UCONN conspiracy machine.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There's another reason...Adams. TS was a big part of 2014. His role diminished this past season. He probably expected to be a starter by his junior year; and at this point he will still be behind Adams on depth chart.
Your avatar is reason he shouldn't have given up on that plan.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is a bittersweet bit of news. I like TSam and appreciated the effort he gave during that Nat Champ run. I will miss him.
It is also a sign that UConn is bringing in some real talented guards real soon because if it were just JA coming in he would have stayed. Must have been advised of some movement within the last few days/week.
This means UConn is getting stronger players ASAP
Good Luck TSam - you have a ring - something the Kensucky twins can only dream about!!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
With Jalen Adams and hopefully Gibbs, one of the 3 of the TSam, Cassell, and Calhoun was gonna be the odd man out as far as minutes, and a 2nd was probably gonna see reduced minutes as well. I wish him luck going forward but if Gibbs is on board its not really a big deal imo.
I hope it all plays out the way you say and UConn lands Gibbs. It'd make me feel a whole lot better if he did this after a commitment from a certain Seton Hall transfer target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom