Tennessee | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could Kellie be sending a Geno-like message?

”Do it my way or the highway?”
I'm sure it's some variation of that. Hard to believe it's more basketball related than personality or chemistry. She isn't hurting them on the court from what I've seen or been an interruption on court. Seems more of a team chemistry/relationship thing. To me that's worse. You can't make people like one another. And then, there's the solution. Not a one size fits all thing. She was suspended some games and then shortly after sat for almost 3 quarters. I don't envy Kellie, but she has to permanently resolve it and quickly. If not, she will be quickly compared to Holly who lost her locker room.

Reaction Score
I'm sure it's some variation of that. Hard to believe it's more basketball related than personality or chemistry. She isn't hurting them on the court from what I've seen or been an interruption on court. Seems more of a team chemistry/relationship thing. To me that's worse. You can't make people like one another. And then, there's the solution. Not a one size fits all thing. She was suspended some games and then shortly after sat for almost 3 quarters. I don't envy Kellie, but she has to permanently resolve it and quickly. If not, she will be quickly compared to Holly who lost her locker room.
Interesting, because I thought her, Horston and Powell were close friends. If she's gonna have chemistry issues, it would be with one of those 2 since they are all the primary ball handlers. With Tamari out for the season, no one else on the team compares to these 3 in terms of talent or contributions at this point

Reaction Score
Interesting, because I thought her, Horston and Powell were close friends. If she's gonna have chemistry issues, it would be with one of those 2 since they are all the primary ball handlers. With Tamari out for the season, no one else on the team compares to these 3 in terms of talent or contributions at this point
If I had to guess, I was thinking Walker. And I inched a little closer to that belief based on interactions between the two on court and Walker seeming to kind of fade away this year. Strangely, she had a good game last night with RJ sitting most of the game. And if I'm a coach, and someone isn't responding to my coach on the floor, then I have to fix that. It's difficult to read the TN team chemistry because so many players get extended minutes. Nothing other than my gut keeps telling me that this is two teams and not one. Whatever it is, you have to lock down the core. RJ doesn't necessarily have to be part of that core, but realistically, you have to lower your expectations for the season if she isn't. I don't usually like to overthink where players sit on the bench and who they chat it up with. But look at who interacts with RJ.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If I had to guess, I was thinking Walker. And I inched a little closer to that belief based on interactions between the two on court and Walker seeming to kind of fade away this year. Strangely, she had a good game last night with RJ sitting most of the game. And if I'm a coach, and someone isn't responding to my coach on the floor, then I have to fix that. It's difficult to read the TN team chemistry because so many players get extended minutes. Nothing other than my gut keeps telling me that this is two teams and not one. Whatever it is, you have to lock down the core. RJ doesn't necessarily have to be part of that core, but realistically, you have to lower your expectations for the season if she isn't. I don't usually like to overthink where players sit on the bench and who they chat it up with. But look at who interacts with RJ.
Not all benchings are disciplinary. Amari was riding the pine because Geno wants her to play in the paint and to give 100% effort, not float around on the perimeter. No one was a better teammate than Amari but she still sat because she was stubborn about doing things Geno’s way. Maybe it’s the same with Rickea? Obviously, I don’t know - I’m just tossing it out there

Reaction Score
Not all benchings are disciplinary. Amari was riding the pine because Geno wants her in the paint and to give 100% effort, not float around on the perimeter. No one was a better teammate than Amari but she still sat because she was stubborn about doing things Geno’s way. Maybe it’s the same with Rickea? Obviously, I don’t know - I’m just tossing it out there
I hear ya. To Harper's credit no one really knows and keeping it internal is a credit to her, especially in the age of social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom