• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
+23 with her
-13 without

Thank you espn stats!
What do you expect, they want her to be the NPOY so they have to have something to show how great she is.

Reaction Score
Staley is crazy. She takes wilson back out with 90 seconds to go and a 10 point lead. Her guards have like 6 points the whole game. And another turn over for SC, 26 turn overs in the game for SC.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I wonder what they gave A'ja back in the locker room? :confused:

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Tennessee only loses by 11 points in a home game. That should get them a #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
They also earned a draw far away from UCONN.....................................

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What do you expect, they want her to be the NPOY so they have to have something to show how great she is.
Uh they show this stat for every player in every game. They didn’t invent it for A’ja.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Always nice to see UTenn humiliated...or in this case:
Self-immolation

I am not a fan of either of them, but SC was clearly the better team tonight.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Uh they show this stat for every player in every game. They didn’t invent it for A’ja.
I have yet to see them show that stat on any of the UConn players that they televised this year.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Well that was painful. Now the only thing I can hope for is a Mizzu - USC rematch tomorrow. I need some entertainment to make this weekend worth the trip to Nashville.

Are you Triad Duke Fan in disguise?

Reaction Score
It's such a shame when a TV network posts truthful statements. What are they thinking?
Your sarcasm is duly noted-- I just thought that including UConn invalidated the comparison, since we don't play in the SEC like the other teams listed.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch, but followed the play-by-play for the last couple of minutes. So here are the highlights (lowlights,actually) over the last two minutes:

South Carolina - No shots taken, 2 for 6 on free throws, 3 turnovers.
Tennessee - 0 for 3 on threes, 0 for 2 on jumpers, 1 for 2 on lay-ups, 3 fouls.

I hope the other 38 minutes were better.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
After the game Andy Landers was reminiscing with Wanda Holloway-Johnson about women's bball in the early 80s. Really enjoyable -- their love of the game really came through.
I was watching the UCLA-California barn burner and didn't switch to SCar - Tenn. until deep into the second half. It was really amazing to see the difference in the Carolina team when Wilson was playing. Without her SCar played like the UConn bench. When she was in, it became a different team though not as good as UConn, of course. Everyone on the team seemed to play better. I think part of the reason behind the talk of NPOY has to do with the intangibles she brings to the team. A real demonstration of leadership. My favorite moment was when she went up against a triple team, got two offensive rebounds and finally scored when Nared handed her the ball. The camera caught her evil grin as she trotted back to the other side of the court.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nared 5-19 shooting. Can't shoot. Some project her as a first round WNBAer. I don't understand it.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch, but followed the play-by-play for the last couple of minutes. So here are the highlights (lowlights,actually) over the last two minutes:

South Carolina - No shots taken, 2 for 6 on free throws, 3 turnovers.
Tennessee - 0 for 3 on threes, 0 for 2 on jumpers, 1 for 2 on lay-ups, 3 fouls.

I hope the other 38 minutes were better.
Nope!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
My problem is that she was anointed by ESPN in the preseason and they continue to shove it down the viewer's throats at every chance. Even when SC isn't playing...Lou is the NPOY.

This is how the rest of us feel when we’re watching Notre Dame play Louisville (for example) but somehow ESPN finds a way to talk about UConn/Geno Auriemma for a solid 5 or more minutes DURING the game. This happens all of the time.

We stomach it. I think you guys can handle a little A’ja Wilson overload. She’ll be done with WCBB in a few weeks if that helps.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Her motor just isn’t there. Watching her go up against Wilson is painful. It’s like she’s never learned how to box out or block a shot at 6-6.

Her motor is there for the most part.. Russell just isn’t as quick. I think people just underestimate how quick Wilson is for a post player.. on TV it doesn’t look fast but when you see her play in person she’s moving crazy fast on the block.

Reaction Score
This is how the rest of us feel when we’re watching Notre Dame play Louisville (for example) but somehow ESPN finds a way to talk about UConn/Geno Auriemma for a solid 5 or more minutes DURING the game. This happens all of the time.

We stomach it. I think you guys can handle a little A’ja Wilson overload. She’ll be done with WCBB in a few weeks if that helps.
Thanks for the insight - guess it works both ways.

Good win tonight! Glad A'ja is OK to play. She's a beast - made Russell look like a skinny, slow wussy-girl.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Her motor is there for the most part.. Russell just isn’t as quick. I think people just underestimate how quick Wilson is for a post player.. on TV it doesn’t look fast but when you see her play in person she’s moving crazy fast on the block.

Today there were 93 rebounds and Russell, the tallest player on the court, had just 4 of them. So many times she just didn’t box out or go for the ball. She’ll have stretches of quality play and then is prone to disappear the rest of the game. It has happened all year.

Wilson is very quick and an excellent rebounder, but Russell needs to win some of those battles inside. McCowan isn’t quick either and she badly outrebounded Wilson. A’ja had 12 boards in 19 minutes, Russell had 4 in 34 today. That type of effort and performance against an elite forward has to hurt her stock in the upcoming draft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom