Tennessee Postgame thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
One more comment on the game. When UConn was putting the game away in the 4th quarter, there was a transition play when I believe Evina fired a pass ahead to Azzi, who had run the court and was all by herself, behind the arc, on the left wing. As soon as Azzi caught the ball and squared up to shoot, the crowd began to emit a cheer, which built to a loud crescendo as Azzi knocked down her 7th and last 3 of the game. If that didn’t pump you up, nothing will.
Well you got it mostly right. But, you left out Nika's role which was a highlight in itself. First to stop her drive and immediately turn and dish and second her confident retreat with her arm raised even before the shot. Probably not a good habit but in that particular moment (game over really) we can accept it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One more comment on the game. When UConn was putting the game away in the 4th quarter, there was a transition play when I believe Evina fired a pass ahead to Azzi, who had run the court and was all by herself, behind the arc, on the left wing. As soon as Azzi caught the ball and squared up to shoot, the crowd began to emit a cheer, which built to a loud crescendo as Azzi knocked down her 7th and last 3 of the game. If that didn’t pump you up, nothing will.
Actually, I think it was Evina to Nika who pivoted the ball quickly to Azzi for the 3 with Nika going back before the ball even went in the basket

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well you got it mostly right. But, you left out Nika's role which was a highlight in itself. First to stop her drive and immediately turn and dish and second her confident retreat with her arm raised even before the shot. Probably not a good habit but in that particular moment (game over really) we can accept it.

Oldude = faulty memory :(

Reaction Score
The game was awesome today!! I was on the lower level of section 101 (near the student section) and the energy was amazing!

So good to get this big win! Even better being there live!

Did anyone else catch Bria Hartley taking pictures on the court after the game?

Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I forgot how big AE is. When she went to the line to shoot foul shots, I was impressed by how broad her shoulders are. She will be an absolute beast when she gets a little more "controlled" aggression.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I forgot how big AE is. When she went to the line to shoot foul shots, I was impressed by how broad her shoulders are. She will be an absolute beast when she gets a little more "controlled" aggression.
She was the “smallest” big on the court at 6-3 but she takes up the most space.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
When I heard that Caroline Ducharme was out I didn't think that we would score more than 65 points. Then when they had the 7 point lead after the first half that we need the Senior leadership to step up with points or we're going to lose, but UConn's underclassmen stepped up instead.

Underclassmen Team Totals

Points 47 75
Field Goals 17-30 26-58
3 pointers 10-12 12-26
FT's 3-5 11-17
Assists 11 18
Rebounds 13 38
Blocks 4 7
Steals 3 5
T/O's 5 14
Fouls 10 22
Minutes 107 200

Piath had one minute, was 0-1, 1 T/O and a foul. Plus there were 3 more underclassmen that didn't play Paige, Caroline Ducharme, and Amari.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be cool... BE Championship Game... Azzi Fudd 10 for 10 from behind the arc... remember when???

Reaction Score
Interesting to read the Lady Vol site after a game like this. Surprised at the number of balanced posts. That being said, 2 weeks ago, Kelly was being anointed for her style, now many comments were how she needs to yell more. As we saw with CD's win when Geno was ill, many different styles can be effective.
I think she's done a very good job with the players she has.......to all of a sudden want her ridden out on a rail is crazy talk............exactly who do they think they're getting to replace her that could do a better job with that roster? I know there have been complaints about her recruiting but next year they are getting a really good player I've known of for many years named Justine Pissott from Red Bank Catholic in NJ....... she's got a game very much like Caroline Ducharme ......

Reaction Score
Not sure if posted earlier but the post game pressers

Aaliyah, Evina. Azzi

You think Azzi is such a nice person but she has an edge. We are going to be nasty.

Love ..."They were done."

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Not sure if posted earlier but the post game pressers

Aaliyah, Evina. Azzi

You think Azzi is such a nice person but she has an edge. We are going to be nasty.

I can see CD talking to Azzi about proper uniform wear during interviews. "Azzi your answers were great as well as your smile, BUT you do not have an unzipped warm-up jacket during podium interviews with the press! Is that understood?"

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Without Paige and Caroline we still hit something orange today!!!!

Reaction Score
Great win. Great overall games by Nika, Azzi, E and AE. Great D by ONO. Your reaction: hats off to Horston?
Not at all. I believe the post was in response to her effort.
Nice try.
Not.

Reaction Score
Very disappointed with Azzi today.
She was 0-1 from the free throw line!! She missed a free throw!!!
Add to that, did I see two of 7 3's she made actually brush the rim? What's wrong with you Azzi?? Not "all net?" !!!!!!
Get back in the gym tonight and give me 1,000 jumpers!!!!
:)
-------------------------------

She has such a terrific understanding of what she is doing, doesn't she? And she has excellent floor vision and understanding when to put the ball on the floor. And as we have noted a while back she is also "strong." That banker she hit while getting fouled is a testament to that. Thrilled with her play. Thrilled!!!!! And Azzi making a clear mythical statement; -- "there will be no more zones or trapping zones from you anymore when I'm on the floor!!"

The game is so much more exciting when they score - rather than "grind basketball." This team has been "damaged" all year. Thrilled to see bits and pieces "showing off;" as Edwards and Evina seemed to do today. Dorka hurt; - then Edwards steps up. CD out and CWill off; then Evina and to a certain degree Nika step up (ofc Azzi.). We now have some answers. Would love to see rematches with all teams that beat us (though need a healthy team/Paige vs SC) including Arizona.

Is it just me, or did Evina look "quicker?" Love how she is willing to shoot when open more than what I thought in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom