Tennessee Lady Vols | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Lady Vols

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I like the hire, but I just wonder how fast the base will turn on a coach that is not a true Vol. Kim won't get a pass even in year one, so I hope she can at least pull off a good season in the first year. There is some talent there if she can get them to buy in and at least live up to the expectations of the program she should be fine. Good luck Kim....you're gonna need it being an outsider with that fan base.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Rapuluchi Ayodele the fifth addition to the team.

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I like the hire, but I just wonder how fast the base will turn on a coach that is not a true Vol. Kim won't get a pass even in year one, so I hope she can at least pull off a good season in the first year. There is some talent there if she can get them to buy in and at least live up to the expectations of the program she should be fine. Good luck Kim....you're gonna need it being an outsider with that fan base.
I really like the hire also. The more I've heard about Coach Calwell the more I like this hire. She has time to learn the things needed at this level. I like the additions to the roster and staff. I can't wait to see the team play.

Reaction Score
Fair question, but it's not like the fanbase is patient with anyone as a whole. They're tired and frustrated with the rebuild attempts. They want to see a marked improvement which, for them, is a deep run in the tournament, leading to a championship title.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Fair question, but it's not like the fanbase is patient with anyone as a whole. They're tired and frustrated with the rebuild attempts. They want to see a marked improvement which, for them, is a deep run in the tournament, leading to a championship title.
Caldwell does bring championship experience.

Reaction Score
Caldwell does bring championship experience.
I'm not the one who has to be sold on this new coaching regime. ;).

If I was a Vol fan, I would have been okay with Harper staying on for another season at least.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm not the one who has to be sold on this new coaching regime. ;).

If I was a Vol fan, I would have been okay with Harper staying on for another season at least.
What would have changed if Harper was still there? The roster now is more athletic. I think that's the type players Caldwell is looking for. My point was in the post you replied too. Caldwell has won seven conference championships. Yes it's a different style of play. Maybe that's not so bad.

Reaction Score
What would have changed if Harper was still there? The roster now is more athletic. I think that's the type players Caldwell is looking for. My point was in the post you replied too. Caldwell has won seven conference championships. Yes it's a different style of play. Maybe that's not so bad.
There will never be a fair comparison between Caldwell and Harper. I wish that Harper was given access to more NIL funding. Caldwell got to benefit from that on day one.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
There will never be a fair comparison between Caldwell and Harper. I wish that Harper was given access to more NIL funding. Caldwell got to benefit from that on day one.
They are different coaches. This is a big step for Caldwell. She maybe the right coach at the right time.

Reaction Score
Honestly, no idea but I would have been okay with seeing if she could straighten things out with another season or two. I don't have an issue with the hiring of Caldwell either.

Tennessee has a fanbase that wants to see their team back to their former glory. My point was that the fanbase doesn't have much patience for a long term rebuild. Those days are long gone in sports as a whole.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Honestly, no idea but I would have been okay with seeing if she could straighten things out with another season or two. I don't have an issue with the hiring of Caldwell either.

Tennessee has a fanbase that wants to see their team back to their former glory. My point was that the fanbase doesn't have much patience for a long term rebuild. Those days are long gone in sports as a whole.
Who knows if Tennessee did beat South Carolina we might not be here. The biggest thing with Harper was High School recruiting. That is a big reason for the change. Yes the fanbase wants results. Can Caldwell get ir done? We will see.

Reaction Score
Who knows if Tennessee did beat South Carolina we might not be here. The biggest thing with Harper was High School recruiting. That is a big reason for the change. Yes the fanbase wants results. Can Caldwell get ir done? We will see.
It's hard to imagine that Harper would have been fired but for Cardoso's shot falling.

But maybe she would have been

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It's hard to imagine that Harper would have been fired but for Cardoso's shot falling.

But maybe she would have been
I think it was time for a change anyway. The roster now looks different. With these transfers.

Reaction Score
I think it was time for a change anyway. The roster now looks different. With these transfers.
Tennessee has already suggested that sweet 16 wasn't good enough so overall I do not think it would have lasted much longer for Harper either way.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee has already suggested that sweet 16 wasn't good enough so overall I do not think it would have lasted much longer for Harper either way.
I agree. I don't think it would have changed much. The way the roster would have looked. It probably wasn't getting any better this year. I think it was the right time to make the change.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee baseball team is playing for a national championship. All everything school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom