Tennessee Lady Vols | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Lady Vols

Reaction Score
Hearing they are trying to add 1 or 2 more....their board seems to think Barker could be one ? Any truth to that speculation ?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Hearing they are trying to add 1 or 2 more....their board seems to think Barker could be one ? Any truth to that speculation ?
Caldwell did say that needed one or two more. That was a few days ago before the Whitehorn commit. There could possibly be one more player added.

Reaction Score
good luck! The reality can be brutal. She might be gone sooner than the last coach who was not too shabby.

Reaction Score
Conference schedule for Tenn is as favorable as they could have hoped for. Nobody knows how their style of play under the new staff will translate to the Power5 level, but their portal recruiting has brought in 4 very athletic and skilled players that should improve that team compared to the past few years, even without Jackson.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
good luck! The reality can be brutal. She might be gone sooner than the last coach who was not too shabby.
With the players shes snabbing in the portal that fit her type of game play i for one am starting to change my mind on the hire. YET i must sit and wait til i see the product on the court. And if the Barker / Dauda rumors are fr they could do some serious damage with the right tutelage #CKC.

Reaction Score
Congratulations Vols. Now yall have a good shot not to be mediocre next season. :rolleyes:

Seriously, where would the Vols be without the ACC transfers this season and last? Probably more like Tennessee Tech.
And where will Duke be having had the players transferring out to UT? Maybe they will FINALLY get to be one of the top teams in the ACC instead of being more like UNC Charlotte.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
And where will Duke be having had the players transferring out to UT? Maybe they will FINALLY get to be one of the top teams in the ACC instead of being more like UNC Charlotte.
I know you were trying to be funny here, but it just didn't land. Duke women made the Sweet 16 this past season, which is something that only NC State (Final Four) and Notre Dame managed to do this season.

And Duke men made the Elite Eight.

Reaction Score

Their double is against LSU????

Assumed the double would be rivalry would be Vandy. First time no home & home with Vandy in 40 years?

I guess I figured SEC was going to an 18 game sked.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

Assumed the double would be rivalry would be Vandy. First time no home & home with Vandy in 40 years?
Yes that is different. I would rather have the Vandy game at home. I don't like their gym.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes that is different. I would rather have the Vandy game at home. I don't like their gym.

Their gym has character. The fact that other fanbases complain about it makes me like the gym even more.

They should find a way to add air conditioning. No excuse

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Their gym has character. The fact that other fanbases complain about it makes me like the gym even more.

They should find a way to add air conditioning. No excuse
I have been in that gym. It is just a crazy set up. A razed floor, benches on the baselines instead of the sidelines. Wooden benches in the stands. TBA is much nicer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have been in that gym. It is just a crazy set up. A razed floor, benches on the baselines instead of the sidelines. Wooden benches in the stands. TBA is much nicer.
Your gym has no soul.

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
Just a bunch of banners.
That the current group of high schoolers are too young to know about, unfortunately. This is the UCLA/John Wooden argument all over again.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
That the current group of high schoolers are too young to know about, unfortunately. This is the UCLA/John Wooden argument all over again.
Coach Caldwell just got there. She has a national title and seven conference championships. Wait until she get a full roster of her players.

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
Coach Caldwell just got there. She has a national title and seven conference championships. Wait until she get a full roster of her players.
We'll see.

Coach Dawn Staley's not going anywhere anytime soon--and the road to the championship (SEC and NCAA) goes through Columbia, SC. The girls in the classes that Coach Caldwell would need to gain a stronghold in (2026, 2027, and 2028) were old enough to recall South Carolina's last two titles, and some of them may even be able to recall the 2017 title. South Carolina's dominant WNBA presence helps as well.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
We'll see.

Coach Dawn Staley's not going anywhere anytime soon--and the road to the championship (SEC and NCAA) goes through Columbia, SC. The girls in the classes that Coach Caldwell would need to gain a stronghold in (2026, 2027, and 2028) were old enough to recall South Carolina's last two titles, and some of them may even be able to recall the 2017 title. South Carolina's dominant WNBA presence helps as well.
At the moment yes. South Carolina is really good. Like you said we will see.

Reaction Score

I guess I figured SEC was going to an 18 game sked.
Conference is playing moneyball.

SCar, LSU, Tenn and Texas draw the biggest eyeballs of the conference teams. Hence, SCar plays Texas twice and Tennessee plays LSU twice. These will be on ABC or ESPN. These aren't Ocho (SECN) games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom