Tennesse vs South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennesse vs South Carolina

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to seeing a panic-stricken thread titled "Has playing in the SEC finally caught up with So. Carolina?"

To be followed in short order by another thread titled "Deja Vu All Over Again" where someone complains that South Carolina is always a great team but can't avoid losing to less talented teams.

:rolleyes::cool:
Just

1) SC hubris bites them in the tushy and
2) Dawn might be a wee bit overrated as a bench coach.

Reaction Score
1613702039884.png

Reaction Score
Watched this game at well As the Louisville game and caught some of the North Carolina state game as well
I think it’s safe to say there’s no great or dominant team this year and that the tournament is truly wide-open

if UConn can and at least shoot the ball reasonably well I do like their chances

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Davis was on fire with 24 in second half, after scoreless first half, she made some very tough shots down the stretch. Big three pointer from Burrell, the point guard Walker played well, as did Horston off the bench. Tennessee will be a tough out if they play like that.

SC seemed very predictable on offense, lots of high screens with Henderson going to her right off of Boston. Tennessee defended it well down the stretch. Most of SC’s shots came from the right side. Boston took and missed another three pointer when the game was in the balance, I don’t get it.

Beal only played 14 minutes, not sure why only 2 fouls.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to seeing a panic-stricken thread titled "Has playing in the SEC finally caught up with So. Carolina?"

To be followed in short order by another thread titled "Deja Vu All Over Again" where someone complains that South Carolina is always a great team but can't avoid losing to less talented teams.

:rolleyes::cool:
It was the Ball.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I was watching the game; SC was comfortably ahead
and looked like so much the better team

As the 2nd half started, to my mind
(and especially with UTenn's rep for folding in the 4th quarter)
early garbage-time was soon to emerge.
So I turned it off...

What do I know?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Watched this game at well As the Louisville game and caught some of the North Carolina state game as well
I think it’s safe to say there’s no great or dominant team this year and that the tournament is truly wide-open

if UConn can and at least shoot the ball reasonably well I do like their chances
Yes, I believe the tourney will be wide open. It is going to be interesting.

Reaction Score
I must say, Dawn was much less arrogant and far more complimentary towards Tennessee. Perhaps she has realized a gracious acceptance of an occasional loss will win her and her program a lot more fans than the alternative? Of course, when you lose after being completely in control of the game, there’s not much you can say. We’ll see. One swallow does not a summer make, but hopefully she can learn that carrying a big chip on one’s shoulder all the time is not a good look for such an accomplished person/coach.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Frankly all of the teams in the top 10 are highly flawed. UConn however showed how glaring SCar's flaws are. Their guards are small and they are shoot first guards. The problem then is they're poor outside shooters and the entire team are average passers at that. They don't see the floor well except for driving lanes.

This goes back to Dawn. She recruited athletes, and although they can play a transition game, when good teams shut down their transition baskets they're just average in the half court. Don't get me wrong, they're a very talented team, and they're better than they showed tonight. But talent alone doesn't win championships. This team has the most dominant post in WCBB and tonight she had 12 shots. Cooke, again, had a whopping 22, and she made 6. Once again this team had a miserable 11 assists on 26 made baskets. Henderson had 6 of them. That's not a formula for championship basketball. Period.

I said this at the beginning of the season, and I'm sure every SCar fan is going to disagree with me, but Cooke is pretty much the same guard I saw at the U 16 America's, the U17 World's and the U19 World's. If she doesn't have her shot, if she isn't coming down on the break, she's not going to contribute much. Dawn's forward crew is very good indeed, and they play hard, tough defense, but they can't dribble the ball over the half court and set themselves up for the shot. Henderson is a fine talent with good speed and she's full of grit. She plays tough defense as well, and is the far better passer than Cooke, but she too is undersized, and taller teams, UConn included take advantage of that.

Now, if people look back they'll see I've always been very complimentary of Dawn and was pleased that she recruits well. I was one of those that wanted a real rivalry with UConn because I see it as good for basketball. But Dawn plays a simple up tempo offense: grab the rebound, pass it to the guards, run to the basket. When that fails dump it inside or drive the lane. When one commentator said UConn has less talent than SCar but executed better in their win, my response was, what offense is there that Dawn has to execute? I think Dawn has failed in two aspects so far. First, she's failed to recognize that she needs to recruit guards that can pass and she needs a selfless team that knows how to move the ball. Second, she needs to surround a dominant post with shooters. She has done neither.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has been waiting soooooo long for a win against SC, it's just like Sunshine has finally come.

Did you choose this version because the drummer looks like Kellie Harper, especially her reaction in the video in the South Carolina Tennessee thread under 'General Basketball'? The one where she reacts to a Boston flop.

I can't figure out how to put the two videos side by side.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Did you choose this version because the drummer looks like Kellie Harper, especially her reaction in the video in the South Carolina Tennessee thread under 'General Basketball'? The one where she reacts to a Boston flop.

I can't figure out how to put the two videos side by side.
You must not visit the BY a lot because the posting of songs is done in jest to lighten the mood or make hay about Tennessee finaly wining against SC. As for the drummer she is Sina Doering of Germany, she is considered to be one of the best female drummers in the world and does drum covers of rock & roll from the 60's thru 90's, She also does collaborations with other artists from around the World. She has released 3 CD projects of original music called the Chi*Might, Chi*Might II, and Chi*Might III, these are with other artists from around the Globe. You can visit her site at sina-drums on YouTube.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom