TENN vs SCAR | Page 5 | The Boneyard

TENN vs SCAR

Reaction Score
I don’t like how as soon as Dawn starts whispering in one of the refs ear you’ll hear a quick whistle right after

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Reaction Score
Where's the lack of respect? Texas completely self-destructed and handed that game to Tennessee. I'm sorry if your tinted lenses don't allow you to see that.

I respect Tennessee for their ability to play with slightly less incompetence than Texas that day. How's that? Happy?
Where's the lack of respect? Texas completely self-destructed and handed that game to Tennessee. I'm sorry if your tinted lenses don't allow you to see that.

I respect Tennessee for their ability to play with slightly less incompetence than Texas that day. How's that? Happy?

Lol you're funny.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Just like how Notre Dame completely self destructed and handed the game to UCONN? It goes both ways. Any win can be construed as a team rising up and winning or a team breaking down and collapsing depending on what vantage point you want to take.

This was a great win for Tennessee today, regardless if Wilson was in there or not. They got out to a massive lead, withstood the run (while making mistakes of their own), and then settled down and executed down the stretch to make it a 16 point win. In particular, this was a GREAT comeback game for Westbrook who did not play well the previous game. Was very nice to see Tennessee play well under pressure rather than crack like they have the previous 2 years. The next 2 games are going to be quite difficult, I'll be thrilled if they go 1-1 but realistically expect an 0-2 outcome. Hopefully the games will be competitive.

Reaction Score
Like "barely losing" or "almost winning" For the life of me I never understood what those statement mean. Lol

Reaction Score
Just like how Notre Dame completely self destructed and handed the game to UCONN? It goes both ways. Any win can be construed as a team rising up and winning or a team breaking down and collapsing depending on what vantage point you want to take.

This was a great win for Tennessee today, regardless if Wilson was in there or not. They got out to a massive lead, withstood the run (while making mistakes of their own), and then settled down and executed down the stretch to make it a 16 point win. In particular, this was a GREAT comeback game for Westbrook who did not play well the previous game. Was very nice to see Tennessee play well under pressure rather than crack like they have the previous 2 years. The next 2 games are going to be quite difficult, I'll be thrilled if they go 1-1 but realistically expect an 0-2 outcome. Hopefully the games will be competitive.
You might be over using the word great. Nonetheless it's a good win. Any win is a good win.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Really surprised T'ea Cooper didn't save their bacon today. Oh, wait, she's not eligible. :oops::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Watched the whole game and it was a decent effort by both. Didn’t think SC would pull it off without Aja but Harris and Jennings both played well and Dawn had a decent plan. I can’t recall the name of the young lady who was injured but I hope it’s not the dreaded three letter word. SC isn’t too far behind ND with injuries this year and I hate to see good players and teams get derailed.

LVs were good in spurts and very average in others. Overall it was a nice win after an OT loss. Russell did the job in the first half and Nared and Westbrook finished it in the second half. It was a nice bounce back for Westbrook after playing poorly against A&M. LVs in Knoxville worry me a bit for MSU next week.

Reaction Score
Watched the whole game and it was a decent effort by both. Didn’t think SC would pull it off without Aja but Harris and Jennings both played well and Dawn had a decent plan. I can’t recall the name of the young lady who was injured but I hope it’s not the dreaded three letter word. SC isn’t too far behind ND with injuries this year and I hate to see good players and teams get derailed.

LVs were good in spurts and very average in others. Overall it was a nice win after an OT loss. Russell did the job in the first half and Nared and Westbrook finished it in the second half. It was a nice bounce back for Westbrook after playing poorly against A&M. LVs in Knoxville worry me a bit for MSU next week.

I wouldn't worry about Tenn beating MSU anywhere. Tenn is good, but I think the two best teams in the country are Uconn and MSU, so Uconn better expect to see them again.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
You might be over using the word great. Nonetheless it's a good win. Any win is a good win.

I'd call it a great win..it's the best win of the season so far for Tennessee. Beating South Carolina on the road by 16 is going to be big for their NCAA resume come March, regardless if Wilson played or not. The fact that the players didn't crack and kept their composure when SC made their run was a great sign after the faltered pretty bad against A&M.

Reaction Score
I know Wilson didn't play. Still a good win.
Any W in the W column is a good one, if not a W, what then?? So accept the W--call it good, call it great, call it mediocre---the record books don't care--in that it's called a WIN.

Congratulation.. I would have said the same to Dawn had Dawns team won.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Way to many easy layups for Tenn. SC press worked but the rest of their defense needs alot of work. Tenn had alot of mismatches in their favor especially with Russell underneath. SC looked lost. Both teams need alot of work on defense.

Games coming up Tenn ND Tenn Miss St IMO Tenn has played a weak schedule and SC without Wilson made it a little easier to win the game. Looking at the top teams right now. ND is not looking good due to so many injuries. SC with Wilson out and the girl hurt today make them very beatable. Baylor struggles too. Right now Miss St and LVille look like top 4 teams. UConn is beyond everybody else and it aint even close. At Texas tomorrow nite barring any home cooking UConn by at least 30 before Geno clears the bench.

Reaction Score
Way to many easy layups for Tenn. SC press worked but the rest of their defense needs alot of work. Tenn had alot of mismatches in their favor especially with Russell underneath. SC looked lost. Both teams need alot of work on defense.

Games coming up Tenn ND Tenn Miss St IMO Tenn has played a weak schedule and SC without Wilson made it a little easier to win the game. Looking at the top teams right now. ND is not looking good due to so many injuries. SC with Wilson out and the girl hurt today make them very beatable. Baylor struggles too. Right now Miss St and LVille look like top 4 teams. UConn is beyond everybody else and it aint even close. At Texas tomorrow nite barring any home cooking UConn by at least 30 before Geno clears the bench.

It is still early for March/April assessments but my guess is that Uconn has weaknesses and some of the same from last year. Uconn with teams with a big effective center (Ms St, Russell, etc) are 4 or 5 fouls away from bad news. Azura gives Uconn a scoring big and relief for Gabby or Precious--. Smart teams will work to get them in trouble--who then backs them up Batouly? She rarely gets 2 minutes, who next Irwin--maybe she can provide a few minutes. I just don't think Uconn has yet achieved hog heaven .\
In the NCAA's you and I have seen EVERY thing happen, and we've seen top Geno teams lose in the FF
Some say it's who you draw, not really I don't fully believe that, there are just too many factors to take a top team out. You name it it can happen. I hope your 30 points against Tx, at home is accurate.

Reaction Score
It has been an interesting year in WCBB..... As for the LVs, I still have yet to form an opinion on where they are..... definitely they are improved from last year.... and last few years .... marking the time Holly has been at the helm.... I do not know for certain why they are playing better .... I do not think it is coaching.... a coach does not change after 35 years.... I tend to think success is due to the lot of freshmen they have..... I do not think they have been tested yet this year to a serious level....... but hey a win is a win... so congrats to them on that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It’s always tempting to draw parallels, but there is absolutely no comparison between those two games. ND played out if its mind for about 3 quarters and then came down to earth in the last 7 minutes. Even at its ugliest moment, that game was never even close to how ugly the TX-TN game was.

I never said it wasn’t a good win and I never said TN wasn’t a good team. But I’m a fan of the sport first and foremost, so I can’t be a fan of the quality of play exhibited throughout that game. TX was the more egregious offender and in that sense TN deserved the win. Sometimes it really does come down to screwing up less than one’s opponent.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Those who before the season. That said Tennessee would lose ten or more games. What do you think now?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We played hard today, but we gave up too much size inside. I do think this will help us after A'ja is back because Lele got some valuable playing time. It's also time for the NCAA to decide, one way or the other, if Te'a Cooper can play this season.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
SC loses Wilson, Spann, and Cuevas-Moore. Wilson and Spann are starters, and only Wilson is out (Spann is not). Not sure what happened to Cuevas, but SC loses at least 2 starters and replaces them with what - Cooper and Henderson? No post presence per se to replace Wilson...

Cuevas-Moore is out for the season and will be back next season, along with the number 1 PG in the class and Te'a Cooper. Rumors of the Gamecocks' demise have been greatly exaggerated.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Come on ESPN..

I wanted to see Tea Cooper in the hand shake line after the game against her former teammates particularly Nared and Jackson!!!!!!

She hugged most of her former teammates.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Those who before the season. That said Tennessee would lose ten or more games. What do you think now?
Fishing for ego strokes: Not the most endearing thing to do.

I will say that I intentionally refrained from predicting how Tennessee’s season would go, good or bad. There were too many variables up in the air, most notably their freshmen. Another variable is that Tennessee has played its softest schedule since probably the 1970s. Even another variable is how underachieving and/or shorthanded its opponents have been.

But I will also say that I did not agree with the SEC preseason coaches poll, which had Tennessee fourth behind Missouri, if I remember correctly. I figured they might be third best in the conference, which I still believe to be the case if Wilson is healthy.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Geno complains about freshmen not playing scared. Well, Tennessee's do not play scared.
They have had playing time experience from the start of the season. That helps. However, we'll see how well rounded their games will be compared to UCONN's freshmen in two years.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Can only speak for myself but I view TN as significantly improved because they seem to be playing up to the talent they have but they are not is the class of UConn (their own tier) and Baylor / MSU / Louisville (second tier). TN sits with a large number of good teams ranked 5-16 for example who are indistinguishable to me and can win or lose at any time within this group. The fact that you have so many freshman pressed into duty only makes it more volatile so it is a roll of the dice past the sweet 16 in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom