TENN vs SCAR | The Boneyard

TENN vs SCAR

Reaction Score
I started the Теннесси vs aTm thread on the 11th and left for work. I returned very late and enjoyed a most wonderful set of posts on the game. I am working this weekend from 2pm. I must leave 20 minutes after the game starts.

The aTm Теннесси game reminded me of French histories of the battle of Waterloo. I have not read those. I am depending on Bernard Cornwell's description of these histories in his Sharpe series books. Chapter after chapter the French are winning sweeping everything before them.. The British are on their last legs. Then something goes wrong. Even the authors are a bit confused and they quickly end the book with a short final chapter.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Without Wilson, Lady Vols should win if Mercedes Russell has a good game. She needs to score 15-20 points and have double digit rebounds. Both teams need to win this game, if they have any hope of winning the SEC Regular Season Championship. Neither team can afford to have two conference losses this early in Conference Play.

Reaction Score
Is it okay to admit that I'm rooting for Tennessee? :oops: Maybe I shouldn't. Oh...let's just go ahead. :eek:
Dislike "button"
No it is not OK. That is something you should never admit, even to your therapist.
Perhaps I should elaborate. I think that a Tennessee win "could" "potentially" benefit UConn this year "more" than a South Carolina win would. Does this make sense to anyone else? :cool:

Reaction Score
Perhaps I should elaborate. I think that a Tennessee win "could" "potentially" benefit UConn this year "more" than a South Carolina win would. Does this make sense to anyone else? :cool:

Despite the fact that Wilson will probably be back at or near 100% come March, I just do not feel like SC is a true contender this year.

I agree with you.

Reaction Score
South Carolina hasn't been that great this year with Wilson playing so without her it looks like a fairly easy Tennessee win. I hope I'm wrong!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Without Wilson, Lady Vols should win if Mercedes Russell has a good game. She needs to score 15-20 points and have double digit rebounds. Both teams need to win this game, if they have any hope of winning the SEC Regular Season Championship. Neither team can afford to have two conference losses this early in Conference Play.
I haven't watched a ton of Tennessee games but in the ones I did see, the guards can forget about Russell. It's hard for a center to dominate a game if she can't get the ball. I wouldn't exactly call Russell a defensive juggernaut, either, so I'm not sure her presence will be a huge factor in the game on the defensive end.

To me, the South Carolina guard play is key. They need to guard the ball, making sure it stays out of Russell's hands and gets only to players that can't hurt them too badly. A good strategy for South Carolina is to run, run, run and get the big girl to gassed to be effective on either end of the court.

Reaction Score

Should but the few Vols games I have watched they seem to go away from her as the game goes on

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Without Wilson this may be an even game. I expect the Vols to win. Now lets be clear. I am basing this off what South Carolina looked like in the Missouri game without Wilson. However Missouri isn't Tennessee.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If Wilson is out, Tennessee should win this handily...not necessarily saying they will though. South Carolina is just not very good without Wilson.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
SC is smart to attack the basket. They might get Russell to foul

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I know everyone likes Evina Westbrook but watch her passes. I think they could be easily telegraphed. You can tell exactly where she wants to pass it.

Its as if she is a converted PG. As if she was a 2/3 most of her pre college days. and then decided she wanted to be a PG.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Good defensive plan by Dawn on guarding Russell

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member