Tenn trails at Missouri | The Boneyard

Tenn trails at Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
10 to go, so plenty of time
Tenn beat them 84-39 one month ago

Harrison not playing; Kamiko Williams leads Vols in scoring but twisted an ankle and is out
Simmons is 2/12 with 2TOs

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan Eye is shooting 6-11 from the arc for Mizzou.

Great name! Dead Eye shooter!

Reaction Score
MO already 1 TO, nearly 2, now that PG is out. They're in big trouble.

JS

Reaction Score
70-54 at 3:59.

The Fat Lady is clearing her pipes.

fat-lady.jpg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Game, set, match.

As much as I love seeing Tennessee go down (and believe me, I do LOVE it), I'm mindful of UCONN's near escape against a really substandard SJU team who is 10-10 on the year. I don't care if 3 of our starters were out with injuries, it's mind boggling that the game was so close for 38 minutes.

Point being I don't think you can read much in to Tenn's loss, any more than you can in their OT win over a not so great (13-9) Florida team, or their prettying up the corpse in a much more lopsided loss vs. ND than the final score indicated. As Nan pointed out, it's February and the freshmen are pretty much hitting the wall. Players are tired. It's been a long season. Crazy things have been happening in WCBB all year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Is her name Doty?

Yes, but it appears it's pronounced "Dotty." Missouri's great shooter's last name is Eye. There's a lot of fun to be had with that last name.

Reaction Score
Kamiko Williams with 14 points on 7-9 shooting on a day where nobody else showed up then goes down with bad ankle sprain (key Missouri big run) . 6 man rotation includes a player only in her second game back from broken hand and to add a cherry on top Jones goes to locker room with an apparant knee injury with just over a minute in the game left. Our youthful but talented team was gutted today by everything.:( It was hard to watch Missouri celebrate that win but they deserved to win a game in which they played their hearts out. Kulas hitting every fadeaway, hook shot, last second shot clock three and Eye bombing away from all areas of the court was too much for Tennessee to handle.

With that said, I am hopeful we can get healthly come tournament time because this team is much more the 80-39 winners than 63-80 losers.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, but it appears it's pronounced "Dotty." Missouri's great shooter's last name is Eye. There's a lot of fun to be had with that last name.
I tried to have fun: Dead Eye Shooter, 6-12 from the arc, off the bench for 26 points. Nice!

She has a high basketball EyeQ.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
difference is UConn isnt going to lose by SEVENTEEN or more to a mediocre team... and I dont consider St. Johns to be mediocre

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
First of all, as a Missouri grad and fan, congrats on a great win. (They never play UConn, so there's been no problem with divided loyalties.)
Eye was "on" today, Simmons was "off" and that was the biggest difference. (Although I'm sure there will be talk on the Tenn board about the lack of coaching strategy for the second half!)
Missouri had a good win against Florida. When the threes drop and they're at home this is a good team and can pull an upset. (Reminds me of some of the Purdue and Villanova teams of past years.) But they do not have the depth of talent to win consistently against good teams and on the road when the other team takes away the threes or they just aren't falling.
They had a nice crowd today (by MO standards!) and this win today -- arguably the biggest in their history -- should help MO recruiting.
I stopped posting on the Summitt when they started charging.... but I remember the comments from a few there (most were supportive) about Mizzou being a doormat in both football and women's basketball when we joined the SEC. Well, in our first year in the conference we've succeeded in beating TN in both. Feels pretty good.
By this time next year I might be living in Tennessee (my son lives in Nashville) and I might get to see them in person a lot more when they play Tenn or Vandy. I look forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom