Tenn trails at Missouri | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tenn trails at Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So it is a delusion to believe what is actually said by the player? She has said on record that TN was her dream school and I believe her. All we have here are rumors except what was actually said by the player.
The delusional comment refers to the UT fans who still think that they are the premier program and are going to get at least half of the top 10 recruits each year.

My sources say that Ariel really wanted UConn. How many recruits have we heard say something like "I really wanted X school, but they didn't offer, so I chose Y and I'm happy." Any? Ariel said what kids always say after the fact.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
My best recollection was that Tennessee didn't have interest in Massengale until some time after UConn had said they weren't interested.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To echo what Milford said, my recollection is that after Tara passed on her, she visited Tennessee, and Pat passed. She then visited UCONN and Geno passed. Whatever her father's involvement, it did not sit well with either Pat or Geno (and possibly Tara - I never read why Stanford was not interested).

Then she played on the US national team with Burdick, and Cierra went back to Pat and helped convince her to take another look at Ariel. There were various quotes in articles talking about how much Cierra enjoyed playing with Ariel. By that time, her father probably figured it was best to keep his nose out of the recruiting since he had already rubbed Pat and Geno wrong the first time.

I'm sure there's more to it than that. I'm sure more was said and there were things going on that the casual fan wasn't aware of. At any rate, she's a solid player, and I'm sure Tennessee fans are quite happy they landed her. Just as UCONN fans are happy we landed Moriah.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Interesting stat on Simmons - played 35 minutes with zero rebounds, assists, steals or blocks. Now that is hard to do.
wow... one of the assistants who record numbers should have gotten on her about that during the game

Reaction Score
We not only dodged a bullet per Massengale, we recruited Spani hard and she said NO. Thanks Taber!!!:)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
fat-lady.jpg

That's a lady????

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Game, set, match.

As much as I love seeing Tennessee go down (and believe me, I do LOVE it), I'm mindful of UCONN's near escape against a really substandard SJU team who is 10-10 on the year. I don't care if 3 of our starters were out with injuries, it's mind boggling that the game was so close for 38 minutes.

Point being I don't think you can read much in to Tenn's loss, any more than you can in their OT win over a not so great (13-9) Florida team, or their prettying up the corpse in a much more lopsided loss vs. ND than the final score indicated. As Nan pointed out, it's February and the freshmen are pretty much hitting the wall. Players are tired. It's been a long season. Crazy things have been happening in WCBB all year.
Sure you can't really read into it, but we should just enjoy it. :)

Reaction Score
Interesting stat on Simmons - played 35 minutes with zero rebounds, assists, steals or blocks. Now that is hard to do.
It's almost as if she was not even there! wink wink. She did shoot 6 for 20 with one 3 if I recall and played alot of minutes. I thought I read she was 1 of 6 or 7 from 3 point land.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I actually think that if Taber Spani had stayed healthy and was in UConn's S&C program, she would had been very effective. She would get a ton of open looks from three in UConn's offense and have hit a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom