Tenn-MD | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Tenn-MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tough to do anything as a post player offensively at TN when you know you will never get a pass and when the coaches have no clue how to run a real offense. After a while you just stand around waiting for the shot to go up so maybe you can touch the ball on a rebound!

But Harrison has done well. And Graves did well last year. But she had one of the biggest disappearing acts this year that I've ever seen.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And I'm sorry, Simmons did not have a monster game. She played with a lot of effort and a lot of heart, but so many points came near the end when MD did not want to foul on her drives when she charged in. The game was already lost by the time she really came alive.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Meighan Simmons, 9-22, 31 points (1 assist)
Jasmine Jones, 4-6, 11 points
Isabelle Harrison, 2-6, 7 points
Bashaara Graves, 1-3, 5 points

Overall, 16-37

Box score

Sorry Nan, I wasn't clear. They mentioned the top 5 scorers all time for Tennessee of which Simmons is the 5th. My comment reflected seeing the attempts vs made for the top 4 of this list.
But thank you for this information. :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
True, but Harrison did not have that kind of season. I'll admit i didn't watch any of their games, but I can't believe all her points this season came off of offensive boards.
Yes, I think that is true, but ... did you see Graves, say getting the ball at the free throw line so she could work a high low with Harrison or visa versa. You can really only use a single low post player at a time fighting for position, and the interior screening was all set up for the guards/wings to get free, not to open the posts.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry Nan, I wasn't clear. They mentioned the top 5 scorers all time for Tennessee of which Simmons is the 5th. My comment reflected seeing the attempts vs made for the top 4 of this list.
But thank you for this information. :)
My bad.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Tough to do anything as a post player offensively at TN when you know you will never get a pass and when the coaches have no clue how to run a real offense. After a while you just stand around waiting for the shot to go up so maybe you can touch the ball on a rebound!

Spot on. I noticed all season when we couldn't, or didn't want to get the ball inside to the post, it would turn into a dribble fest, just as Doris Burke pointed out. It's pretty sad when a tv analyst notices something like that to which our coaches seem to be oblivious to. And that's not the only time a TV analyst pointed out bad fundamentals of our team that the coaching staff didn't bother correcting.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
"The SEC tournament is a huge benefit for us, playing three games back-to-back-to-back. They're tough, physical games. I'm happy with the road we have. I know it's going to be a difficult task, but I'm anxious to get started."

Ended. Tough, physical SEC? Sorry Holly, you do not have a clue on offense, and that is why UTenn won the award for the first #1 seed to go down.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
"The SEC tournament is a huge benefit for us, playing three games back-to-back-to-back. They're tough, physical games. I'm happy with the road we have. I know it's going to be a difficult task, but I'm anxious to get started."

Ended. Tough, physical SEC? Sorry Holly, you do not have a clue on offense, and that is why UTenn won the award for the first #1 seed to go down.

Holly is full of excuses. I heard all that * with her though out the season. Instead of improving, we regressed. We won the SEC and won the games we won not because Holly is a good coach, but because we have players who have just that natural talent TO win most games and alot of those games were ugly game..see the SEC tournament games for example. That one on one bull shi* we saw today against Maryland and most of the season and all of last season is getting old. Bring in someone who actually can teach some semblance of a half court offense. Geez, how hard is it to do that Holly??

Kudos to Maryland though..They simply outplayed us, out coaches us and wanted it much more than we did..

Reaction Score
Please explain why Holly didn't use that turnover to get her only senior off the court .....?
Because Simmons was sure she could still get a few more shots off in the time remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom