Tenn-MD | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tenn-MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I totally called this game!!! Tennessee again fails to make the final four. And it is in Tennessee. Recruits should be aware of this

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
$10 a month. I'm going to cancel mine within the next few days. The Summitt in a nutshell, fire Holly, hire Nikki McCray, Russell is going to be next Griner in her Sophomore year, Dunbar, Middleton, Nared, and Tucker will make an major impact next year, and Te'a Cooper, and A'ja Wilson will committ to Tennessee.

Seems to be a Lady Vol theme - next year's class will be the difference makers. I've heard it for a few years now. Haven't seen it happen yet.

Reaction Score
Addition by Subtraction. My guess is the LV's will be significantly better next year. Can't underestimate what the kind of ball dominating and volume shooting does to a teams offense. UT would go minutes between anyone else getting a look at the basket.

It's one thing if that player is some sort of offensive wizard, Simmons is simply not that good. I can't imagine how any coach let her do that for four years. It certainly doesn't look good on their coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Continues a run of vols losing to lower seeds.
2014: #1 lost to #4 md
2013: #2 lost to #5 Lou
2012: <lost to a higher seed>
2011: #1 lost to #2 nd
2010: #1 lost to # 4 Baylor
2009: #5 lost to #12 ball st

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tenn team is like flipping a coin....the realyl bad team and the slightly maybe okay team. All that talent wasted.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Tenn monumentally under achieves relative to talent. MD may be finally playing up to their talent level.

Reaction Score
Oh I cannot wait for Margo's rant..... what really has been surprising is all along how good the LV fans thought their chances were..... I am one of the many who thought UT did not deserve the seeding they received.... the fundamentals....again.... turnovers misssed layups etc.... inexcusable for top notch hoops..... as was mentioned on this thread.... why didn't they feed the ball inside.... Burdick is very good.... Harrison is potentially a superstar.... russell is .......well...... she has size let's be a bit charitable.... instead it was all activity around the perimeter from what I saw..... MD is good, but they are not to be feared..... and look at all the mistakes they made.... should have won by twice what they won by..... back to the drawing board for UT.... and what are they going to do with the coaching staff...... THERE is the real achilles heel

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As Long as the Lady Vols live in Pat Summitt's history, they won't get back to the Top. Pat is retired and its time to move on and create new history. Pat was great for the game and the Lady Vols, now its time to find the next great coach for the Lady Vols. IMHO Holly Warlick is not that person.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They didn't even try the foul gambit with 2+minutes to go.
What was she thinking?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Fantasy thought…

Ms Wilson just crossed a name off her pad.

Reaction Score
While TN talks about how great Simmons was and how disrespectful Frese is, here's a stat:

The Vols were with down by less than 8 for the last time at 13:20. Of the first half.

That's a team that was thoroughly outplayed.

Reaction Score
Simmons has these great career numbers because she has for her entire career been a selfish player, a volume shooter,and it has stunted the growth of her team and that has appeared just fine with UT coaches . It is a strange story.

She is also a real hot dog

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Fantasy thought…

Ms Wilson just crossed a name off her pad.

Funny thing is that some in the Nation are posting this should make Tenn more attractive to A'ja! A related theme over there for a while now is that next year's recruiting class will fix things, as if a coherent offense will miraculously hit the floor when freshman walk on to it. Subsidiary theme: if we just had one player like CP3 everything would be okay.

It is a sad truth, that a growing number of the Orange Faithful realize, that Tenn has had no sound offensive scheme for many years. Their continued ascendancy in the SEC is a function of the lack of strength in the SEC and the fact that Tenn has more raw talent to put on the floor...but it is raw and there simply is no excuse for that. UT is stuck in history. If I am a top recruit that is not a situation I want to sign up for. In the post game presser Holly was in denial - this group had a great year, we didn't get it done but we are Tennessee and national championships are in our DNA!!! CH has what, 5 years on her extended contract? Frankly, if I was one of her underclass right now I'd be thinking of sucking it up, take the one year hiatus and transfer.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is that some in the Nation are posting this should make Tenn more attractive to A'ja! A related theme over there for a while now is that next year's recruiting class will fix things, as if a coherent offense will miraculously hit the floor when freshman walk on to it. Subsidiary theme: if we just had one player like CP3 everything would be okay.

It is a sad truth, that a growing number of the Orange Faithful realize, that Tenn has had no sound offensive scheme for many years. Their continued ascendancy in the SEC is a function of the lack of strength in the SEC and the fact that Tenn has more raw talent to put on the floor...but it is raw and there simply is no excuse for that. UT is stuck in history. If I am a top recruit that is not a situation I want to sign up for. In the post game presser Holly was in denial - this group had a great year, we didn't get it done but we are Tennessee and national championships are in our DNA!!! CH has what, 5 years on her extended contract? Frankly, if I was one of her underclass right now I'd be thinking of sucking it up, take the one year hiatus and transfer.

Even sadder to me,I think I may be one of the biggest ones.Got crucified on The Summitt for praising Geno by those who think we do no wrong and everything will be fine.From what I hear,more are starting to get it.

Reaction Score
So I'm thinking they should have police cars patrolling every bridge in Tennessee for some suicide attempts

Reaction Score
I don't disagree, Nan, though the example of Kevin Ollie is an odd one. He had to clean up a bit of a mess when Calhoun left. Holly, as you say, inherited a program that was certainly in very good shape.

Holly Warlick inherited some great players then recruited some more and spent years watching Summitt. Seems like she should have picked up a couple pointers along the way.

Besides, other coaches have had success after replacing a legend.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Volume shooter:Simmons: 22 shots - made 9
Other starters: 19

7 assists on 19 made baskets.

Top 5 scorers for Tennessee?
Would love to see the shots taken vs shots made for the top 4...just saying

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Top 5 scorers for Tennessee?
Would love to see the shots taken vs shots made for the top 4...just saying

Meighan Simmons, 9-22, 31 points (1 assist)
Jasmine Jones, 4-6, 11 points
Isabelle Harrison, 2-6, 7 points
Bashaara Graves, 1-3, 5 points

Overall, 16-37

Box score

Reaction Score
Meighan Simmons, 9-22, 31 points (1 assist)
Jasmine Jones, 4-6, 11 points
Isabelle Harrison, 2-6, 7 points
Bashaara Graves, 1-3, 5 points

Overall, 16-37

Box score

I know Graves got a lot of rb, but man what the heck happened to her this year?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Didn't expand her game. Predictable.
And yet didn't she have a terrific summer playing on one of the national teams? I get that Tennessee coaches may not develop her, but doesn't she get some idea personally what she needs to do from playing with other elite players? Not disagreeing with you - just wondering why MOST players seem to stagnate there, Harrison being one of the lone exceptions lately...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Watching this game on replay, yeah UTenn is roadkill, but Thomas, OMG, she was just incredible. What a court presence.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And yet didn't she have a terrific summer playing on one of the national teams? I get that Tennessee coaches may not develop her, but doesn't she get some idea personally what she needs to do from playing with other elite players? Not disagreeing with you - just wondering why MOST players seem to stagnate there, Harrison being one of the lone exceptions lately...
Tough to do anything as a post player offensively at TN when you know you will never get a pass and when the coaches have no clue how to run a real offense. After a while you just stand around waiting for the shot to go up so maybe you can touch the ball on a rebound!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tough to do anything as a post player offensively at TN when you know you will never get a pass and when the coaches have no clue how to run a real offense. After a while you just stand around waiting for the shot to go up so maybe you can touch the ball on a rebound!
True, but Harrison did not have that kind of season. I'll admit i didn't watch any of their games, but I can't believe all her points this season came off of offensive boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom