Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
nice time to get a career high.... goooooooooooo AThomas

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tennessee is a decent team, borderline top 10, with limitations and no realistic national championship chances. By their prior standards, this must be unsatisfying.

Reaction Score
Tennessee just has to figure out how they are going to use their post players. Not sure what the game plan was for offense but the Lady Vols did not use their post players well. That one on one stuff just killed them.

Reaction Score
Confused how MD won since Frese is such a terrible coach and Thomas is such a mediocre player.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maria Cornelius was ranting on Twitter about that.

What's the next level above a rant? She's there.

I agree the "kissing the ring" part sounded personal. Did it reflect her feelings toward Pat or was it another in a long list of cliches that Freese uses a lot in her uninspiring pre-game speeches?

Exhibit 1000 for why I dislike cameras in the locker room.

Reaction Score
TN's 4 front line players: 16 pts, 2 asst, 2 stl, 5 blk, 12 TOs, 11 fouls, 32 reb

Wonder if the smack-talking Burdick would like to revisit her preseason comments?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Rebecca just said it in the post-game

Said what? I missed it.

If Massengale weren't injured she'd be starting and I guarantee you she would have played better than Carter and Reynolds played today. Tenn missed her experience and composure on the court.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Maryland played bad Tenn played worst. Both looked terrible except for Thomas. Like I said a couple of weeks ago dont underestimate another UConn LVille Final.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Post-game reaction from the Summitt

sopka_mt_mayon_filipiny_vnahled.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maria Cornelius was ranting on Twitter about that.

Someone mentioned Maria and twitter... and I was wondering which Maria was that.... thanks for the clarification.

Im not one to peruse twitter much, but i had to google to find that account..... should make for some interesting reading ;)

How much is a subscription to the Summitt anyway ?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Volume shooter:Simmons: 22 shots - made 9
Other starters: 19

7 assists on 19 made baskets.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tennessee just has to figure out how they are going to use their post players. Not sure what the game plan was for offense but the Lady Vols did not use their post players well. That one on one stuff just killed them.
They are running the same offense they have run for the last 30 years - throw ball at basket and REBOUND! They added in dribble ball out of bounds, throw pass to cheerleaders and dribble into triple team today, but that is a fairly new wrinkle added in the last couple of months! :rolleyes:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well you heard the Cheer GO Lady Vols. Well they're Gone. It really baffles me how a team with that much talent can lose so badly. But then again Baylor had Sims and Griner and only won one NC.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I'd guess many coaches have said their own version of what Frese said to their team before they play the Huskies. I saw it as Frese acknowledging TN's past as a sign of respect to motivate her own. She's not saying that about Prairie View. I am sure if they play Louisville, there will be some comments trying to motivate her team using the fact that Jeff W used to be part of the Terps and left. You use what you can. I can not see what Frese said as anything other than a sign of respect. However, as we see all the time, those that seek out something to whine/complain about, are often successful.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned Maria and twitter... and I was wondering which Maria was that.... thanks for the clarification.

Im not one to peruse twitter much, but i had to google to find that account..... should make for some interesting reading ;)

How much is a subscription to the Summitt anyway ?
$10 a month. I'm going to cancel mine within the next few days. The Summitt in a nutshell, fire Holly, hire Nikki McCray, Russell is going to be next Griner in her Sophomore year, Dunbar, Middleton, Nared, and Tucker will make an major impact next year, and Te'a Cooper, and A'ja Wilson will committ to Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom