TENN frosh throwing down the gauntlet | Page 4 | The Boneyard

TENN frosh throwing down the gauntlet

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Any number of people in that locker room had every reason to be POed, but I do not recall a Deep Throat. Still, my recall is consistent with yours, that the media "buzz" was she was a drag on the team and its goals.

PS. This "digression" has us in nearly mid-season form. Must be a result of the Italy trip. ;):)

Much as I hate it when poster's quote their own stuff, I have to ask: has everyone lost their sense of humor?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Did Parker offer her opinion of why?

Anyway, a more correct quote would be "UConn gets the most out of their talent."
Much as I hate it when poster's quote their own stuff, I have to ask: has everyone lost their sense of humor?
Not me, Rocky. In fact, I propose a new Bone Yard rule: No mentioning Holly in the same sentence with--oops, almost did it--the guy at UConn. The only two college basketball coaches allowed to be mentioned in the same sentence with Geno Auriemma are John Wooden and Pat Summit.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not me, Rocky. In fact, I propose a new Bone Yard rule: No mentioning Holly in the same sentence with--oops, almost did it--the guy at UConn. The only two college basketball coaches allowed to be mentioned in the same sentence with Geno Auriemma are John Wooden and Pat Summit.
Maybe we can add CD to that list.

Reaction Score
What about Coach K?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
What about Coach K?
Mmm, five NCAA Championships for Coach K, not even half as many as the guy from UConn.

When Secretariat won the Belmont Stakes by 31 lengths in 1973, becoming thoroughbred racing first Triple Crown winner in 25 years, Charles Hatton, the dean of turf journalists, wrote, "Secretariat's only reference point is himself."

Give Geno another three or four titles before he hangs up his whistle----not unreasonable given his "track" record--and there will be so much distance between him and other college basketball coaches that Hatton's sentiments regarding Secretariat will apply to Coach Auriemma, as well.

Reaction Score
Mmm, five NCAA Championships for Coach K, not even half as many as the guy from UConn.

When Secretariat won the Belmont Stakes by 31 lengths in 1973, becoming thoroughbred racing first Triple Crown winner in 25 years, Charles Hatton, the dean of turf journalists, wrote, "Secretariat's only reference point is himself."

Give Geno another three or four titles before he hangs up his whistle----not unreasonable given his "track" record--and there will be so much distance between him and other college basketball coaches that Hatton's sentiments regarding Secretariat will apply to Coach Auriemma, as well.
Only 5? How many coaches have that many or more on the men's side? The men's game has more factors that would work against a coach winning a lot of titles, so what he has done puts him up there in that club I think.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Yea, we'll see how that goes. Hopefully they don't throw it at UCONN's feet.

An earned trophy from your latest Renaissance Faire participation? Since they can only play each other in the NCAA tourney, no worries. However, in the NCAA tourney TENN may have an opportunity for such a grave insult that could only be answered with personal combat.

I just noticed your message at the bottom of your post. I would have used it with my sales team. "Wolves do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep." I used the cartoon below to get an appointment with executives who would not see me.
upload_2017-9-1_14-55-48.png

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Only 5? How many coaches have that many or more on the men's side? The men's game has more factors that would work against a coach winning a lot of titles, so what he has done puts him up there in that club I think.
Well, if a majority of Bone Yarders want to include him, that's okay with me. But if I do include Coach K in the same sentence as our guy it'll have to be in agate type.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
An earned trophy from your latest Renaissance Faire participation? Since they can only play each other in the NCAA tourney, no worries. However, in the NCAA tourney TENN may have an opportunity for such a grave insult that could only be answered with personal combat.

I just noticed your message at the bottom of your post. I would have used it with my sales team. "Wolves do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep." I used the cartoon below to get an appointment with executives who would not see me.
View attachment 24539

The cartoon sure does make a point. Breaking the door down is tough work. Laughter can act as a key I guess.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ya all i said was that she was good asst coach at Tennessee as Holly was..... at Kentucky .... yes she created her own demise.... she even as much admitted to that.
The interpretation or misinterpretation from you initial quote was her HC tenure was miserable which was not true in any coaching regard. Only the end of the tenure was miserable based on her own actions. I absolutely agree Mickey was a good assistant at UT however I am not sold on HCW as being a good assistant, a loyal assistant absolutely, great player in her day,absolutely, loves UT with all her passion, absolutely but good coach/leader, absolutely not.

Reaction Score
The interpretation or misinterpretation from you initial quote was her HC tenure was miserable which was not true in any coaching regard. Only the end of the tenure was miserable based on her own actions. I absolutely agree Mickey was a good assistant at UT however I am not sold on HCW as being a good assistant, a loyal assistant absolutely, great player in her day,absolutely, loves UT with all her passion, absolutely but good coach/leader, absolutely not.

Ya I said her tenure at KY was not great.... and this is based on her own words..... you are parsing..... qualifying that only the END of her tenure was bad..... can't believe you are parsing and scrutinizing like this..... but it is fine..... I will leave the Mickey commenting to you from this point.....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"They're treating him like an ordinary horse." Who said it and where? Yup, it's a digression called Secretariat trivial pursuit!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom