Team Summer Activity | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

Reaction Score
From what I've seen and heard in interviews. He's a quiet dude. If you're a baller from Queens and play at UConn-You have to be confident or you'll get crushed by the next man up on your team. He'll be fine. Danny needs him to be more vocal this year as a leader -Like AK. Who is also a quiet dude as is Samson.
He’s a well versed kid. A couple of his cousins are friends of mine, he’s definitely a confident guy.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen and heard in interviews. He's a quiet dude. If you're a baller from Queens and play at UConn-You have to be confident or you'll get crushed by the next man up on your team. He'll be fine. Danny needs him to be more vocal this year as a leader -Like AK. Who is also a quiet dude as is Samson.
No one (else) who follows the team believes that Hass is a quiet dude!

Reaction Score
I think we'll see Ross because I think he could be one of our best perimeter defenders. Long and Rangy. Between him and Stewart I think Ross is the better shooter and playmaker but Stewart is a craftier and better all around scorer and possible more Alpha. Defense could be similar.
How the heck can you know any of this? This is 100% speculation because we saw so little of him last year in meaningful minutes. Wishful thinking. Length and range alone does not make a good defender. One can only hope but way to little to go on to make any of these calls.

Reaction Score
I think we'll see Ross because I think he could be one of our best perimeter defenders. Long and Rangy. Between him and Stewart I think Ross is the better shooter and playmaker but Stewart is a craftier and better all around scorer and possible more Alpha. Defense could be similar.
Posts like this are why I take periodic breaks from The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
In the previous instagram with has instructing Singare to take his time bro, the next second flips to Hass taking a shot with Karaban in the background with a boot on his right foot. :(

Reaction Score
It’s something Hurley said after the season. Whether that actually happens is TBD. It’s probably a good thing if we have a good enough player to start over him given how good Diarra is.

I must have missed that quote from Hurley. Diarra is too good on both ends to not play significant minutes.

Reaction Score
I must have missed that quote from Hurley. Diarra is too good on both ends to not play significant minutes.
I think people are reading more into the quote that Hurley spoke to Hass about his role next season to make sure both sides were in the same page. That doesn't mean that Hurley told Hass he'd come off the bench. It probably meant he told Hass if he plans to start, this is what Hurley expects from him. Hass still has to earn it and prove it in practice. He looks like he's doing just that in these clips!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Honestly can’t find it, it was an article where Dan talked about the conversation he would have with Diarra to see if he would return this year. He said he’d want to be on the same page for his role.

He’ll at minimum play the same role he had last year and get a lot of time doing it. It’s great to have him as a high floor for the position.

Reaction Score
Honestly can’t find it, it was an article where Dan talked about the conversation he would have with Diarra to see if he would return this year. He said he’d want to be on the same page for his role.

He’ll at minimum play the same role he had last year and get a lot of time doing it. It’s great to have him as a high floor for the position.

Hurley is going to put him on the oppositions best offense player. I don’t know who else on our roster can defend like Diarra.

Reaction Score

Right…and so many people on the yard have run with that as meaning “he’ll be coming off the bench”

For all we know, Hurley could just have easily told him his role was to be the starter but to do it, he needed to commit to do x,y,z things. Also, Hurley could have said that he needed to be the leader of the team (at that time, Karaban coming back was still an unknown…)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
In the previous instagram with has instructing Singare to take his time bro, the next second flips to Hass taking a shot with Karaban in the background with a boot on his right foot. :(
That’s a great (but sad) Easter egg find in the video. Hopefully it’s something minor for AK.

Reaction Score

I remember that also and found the article. From the day of the parade. Hurley doesn't say specifically what the role would be. It's more along the lines of what @bigknight3 said above. I guess you could make some assumptions from the quote.

Hassan Diarra

“Still giving it thought,” he said, considering the situation and what is best for him. “Just (still) having conversations with the coaches and seeing where their mind is at, where my mind is at, and we’ll go from there… (The UConn experience) has been more than I can ask for. It’s been truly amazing and I’m blessed to be a part of this program.”

The decision will likely come down to his role, after two years as a critical option off the bench. In addition to forward Isaiah Abraham, the Huskies are set to bring in a four-star point guard in Ahmad Nowell who could earn himself a starting spot.

“What (Diarra) envisions for himself next year in terms of role has got to be aligned with what ours is,” Hurley said. “I think what’s been effective for us the last two years is that the level of honesty has created great rosters. Because the players that didn’t align with what we viewed for them, they left, we brought in appropriate players in both years and then we won back-to-back championships. We’re just gonna tell the truth with players about where we see them, but we would like to return as many of the players as we can.”

Alternate access:
Dan Hurley commits to UConn’s future, starts construction of 2024-25 roster as he hunts ‘three-peat’

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I remember that also and found the article. From the day of the parade. Hurley doesn't say specifically what the role would be. It's more along the lines of what @bigknight3 said above. I guess you could make some assumptions from the quote.

Hassan Diarra

“Still giving it thought,” he said, considering the situation and what is best for him. “Just (still) having conversations with the coaches and seeing where their mind is at, where my mind is at, and we’ll go from there… (The UConn experience) has been more than I can ask for. It’s been truly amazing and I’m blessed to be a part of this program.”

The decision will likely come down to his role, after two years as a critical option off the bench. In addition to forward Isaiah Abraham, the Huskies are set to bring in a four-star point guard in Ahmad Nowell who could earn himself a starting spot.

“What (Diarra) envisions for himself next year in terms of role has got to be aligned with what ours is,” Hurley said. “I think what’s been effective for us the last two years is that the level of honesty has created great rosters. Because the players that didn’t align with what we viewed for them, they left, we brought in appropriate players in both years and then we won back-to-back championships. We’re just gonna tell the truth with players about where we see them, but we would like to return as many of the players as we can.”

Alternate access:
Dan Hurley commits to UConn’s future, starts construction of 2024-25 roster as he hunts ‘three-peat’
Thanks for finding this Hoop. Yeah my personal assumption to that quote would be that it wouldn’t be much of a conversation if it’s about expecting him to be a leader to earn a starter role. Feel like that’s something that doesn’t have to be a hard discussion but maybe I could be wrong.

Like I said the position has a very high floor no matter what with Diarra in the room pushing giving a much needed push to guys.

Reaction Score
Ross has hops and he can shoot so my question is we barely saw him last season because we were stacked, how much PT will he get this year? Is he one of the team‘s best outside shooters?
buddy, we are more stacked this year. Those practices are going to be brutal. Man, it would be fun to press like the old Calhoun teams of old, considering the depth and athleticism we have. And if you try to slow us down, well....we also have the best offensive scheme in basketball. Yikes!

Reaction Score
Hurley is going to put him on the oppositions best offense player. I don’t know who else on our roster can defend like Diarra.
true, but this time last year we were lamenting losing Ajax because of his defense....and then we all met Castle. I think Stewart will be a solid defender. Perhaps better than solid. I think Abraham will be solid. And I think that Aidan will be solid too. And we know that Hassan is super solid.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

That has to be a quote taken out of context by the author, because it's the type of thing Hurley should say to every player as part of a lengthy end of season conversation.

I'm thrilled Diarra is back, but the quote sounds like Hurley was trying to hint Diarra out the door, which I doubt was the case.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom