Team Meets President (merged thread) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Team Meets President (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I noticed Stef trying to get Stewie involved , but she was like no way. Really surprised at Kiah going along with Stef. It was very childish. I am sure the rest of the team is not happy about this either.
I was surprised by Kiah too.

Reaction Score
So let's recap.

The POTUS meets the players and coaches before the presentation. Probably puts them at ease because that's the type of personality he has (after all he challenged Maya to a game of one on one last time).

They go out on stage. The POTUS gives his presentation. Jokes with the players ("mm-hmm") and gives a Z-snap. Then it comes time for the pictures. Everyone poses with smiles, then the POTUS turns to the players and says "Just no bunny ears". A few seconds later he turns back and says "Ok, go ahead!".

What if no one had taken him up on that? It would have been humiliating for him to invite the players to take part in the fun, only to have them stand there like frozen statues. I still can't for the life of me understand why a few crazed fans are so out of control on this.

And the only people referring to "demon horns" are people in this thread and a couple of blogger type comments. I went and looked at every article I could find on the subject (yes I "goggled" it) and not a single one referred to the players as being an "embarrassment", or "immature", or "stupid". Theyim done all referred to it as lighthearted, fun, etc.

Sadly, you are still hysterical over this whole thing and can't seem to keep your mouth shut. Stop embarrassing yourself. Please - for your own sake!
LOL..look in the mirror

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Internationally- I was referencing the articles and comments made in international news, google please. Actually on this board, [i believe) it has an article about this incident going All the way to London mail, read it and the comments.

I'm not implying the donors won't give not my problem but that President Herbst is doing lots of damage control, and to donors as well but enough of that.

I get it, you dont think they did anything wrong. Agreed I stand by my statement that it was not classy or the expected decorum for the event. "you can't always control what someone else does or the situation but you can control how you respond to it.

To me it's a tale of two stories.

The first is the story of the picture and the reaction to that. Some thought it was nothing. But many thought it was rude and certainly not proper behavior for the situation. My wife included.

The second is the actual facts on how the bunny ears came to be. When those came out, many of the folks realized they reacted without all the facts and were now ok with it.

Those facts are:

1. The President was the first person there to even think of bunny ears, let alone saying it out loud to the girls behind him.

2. He said not to do it....said with humor.

3. After the picture was taken, he turned to them and said, "ok, now you can" or something like that.

In regards to the rest of the world? 1. Screw them. 2. 99.999999999999999% don't even know about this and the ones that do forgot about it already.

Now, it may be your opinion that it was classless. Stand up and shout it to the rooftops. It's still insulting the players, something I won't do and will point out how wrong it is whenever I can.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
samp4a3234473246bd68.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sadly, you are more upset by my post on the BY than the actions of 2 UCONN ambassadors (because that is what they are) toward the POTUS that made international news(yes, I know the POTUS was ok with the bunny ears). .
Not sadly, but absolutely. As well we should be. Your post(s) were completely immature, unclassy and very embarrassing to the BY. I do hope someone sits you down and explains this to you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

• [ ]I'm getting a little tired of editing posts to remove personal attacks and occasional political references. Have little time for it right now. Easier to lock this thing, capeesh?
I'm sure you guys will. You always take away our fun. :p

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
And some of us on here (well me anyway) are appalled by your very (VERY) stupid and immature behavior/posts.
You really do want this thread locked, don't you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You really do want this thread locked, don't you.
It will be eventually anyway. Might as well help it along. :cool:

It's pretty much ran its course anyway.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sadly, you are more upset by my post on the BY than the actions of 2 UCONN ambassadors (because that is what they are) toward the POTUS that made international news(yes, I know the POTUS was ok with the bunny ears). Internationally, it did not bode well for how Americans are viewed. At the University, President Herbst is receiving numerous calls regarding those antics, do you really believe they are from fans? I doubt it, its more likely from donors and alumni. I wouldn't want to have to do the clean up behind this especially since they are trying to raise millions.

An athlete should get more respect than the POTUS? I believe they are equally deserving, youeveryone is entitled to their opinion even when they don't agree with you..
I have news for you - people over the pond didn't think well of Americans before this episode.

We're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog