Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
--BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL--

As it was in Glengarry Glen Ross, so it is here:

1st prize--Cadillac Eldorado [Quality time w/ Obama]

2nd prize--Set of steak knives

The bunny ears humor was not a big silent gesture. Stef and Kiah weren't emulating Tommy Smith and John Carlos.

However, what they may have been doing was motivating all of the 5 position players of all teams they will play to come after them with their (the other centers in America) best effort. And they will do so with (imaginary) steak knives.

As bulletin board material, the wide dissemination of the White House photo is an important development. It is the equivalent of receiving the Cadillac Eldorado, brand spanking new.

As for all other teams out there, steak knives.

I think UCONN wins on the motivational front. Our girls are well prepared to keep everyone else in second place. For me, this is the aspect of the controversy that matters. View attachment 3339

Or on the other hand recruits and their families may just think that Husky fans are absolutely immature and foolish for bothering a university president about something like this.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Or on the other hand recruits and their families may just think that Husky fans are absolutely immature and foolish for bothering a university president about something like this.

Well one clarification to that point maybe....
The people that contacted the UConn president's office (or other offices that transferred the contact info to the president's office) I'm sure included Husky fans but I suspect that they were among a broader base of UConn alum, students, administers, student family members, and faculty (etc, etc,etc.). Or maybe just Connecticut citizens upset that the State University would badly represent (in their mind) or disrespect the Office of the President. No way of telling the makeup of this complaining base but I would feel very confident it extended far beyond husky fans. In fact I would more expect that Husky fans, if they were to contact the university to complain, would be contacting the Athletic office or the Basketball program to voice their concern (which I also assumed happened).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Very embarrassing for the BoneYard. Rush to judgment always is.
Agreed. Some of the BY posters were quite disrespectful and embarrassed the rest of us. I don't think they need "extreme punishment", but I hope someone sits the BY's who were responsible down and let's them know how inappropriate it was to rush to judgement.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
No, I have no desire to apologize to Stef or Kiah, I believe they are the ones who should issue a public apology and should most definitely apologize to their teammates for their poor judgment and inappropriate behavior IMO. Yes, I saw the video and jug doesn't matter that the POTUS eventually conceded and said ok. This was an event that required appropriate attire, appearance and behavior. As a previous poster started CD hours to freeway lengths to make sure these ladies are prepared for the real world and present themselves in a professional,classy manner. The reality is everyone except two off themis. It was obvious they all were enjoying themselves but Stef and Kiah took their joke and "fun" across the line, even if the POTUS didn't mind. Perception IS reality . If it was any other team the boneyard would have had a field day with negative comments. Yes, they are our girls, I love them dearly and this episode doesn't diminish that but they need to recognize there is a time and place for everything AND this event wasn't just about them.

I heard and then read Stef's response in Carl Ademac's column, in my opinion Stef presents herself as a very immature selfish person not a person I could see being a leader of this team. I'm so disappointed as she tries throw Stewie under the bus. Stewie clearly would not take part of bunny gate. I truly believe that she did not mean any disrespect to the president but despite the negative buzz she just wanted to have fun and would do it again if the president was ok with and she already had something planned out for next year if they come back next year? Even after you team told you to stop it with your antics? Stop the attention seeking behavior Stef...you are a great girl but enough already apologize to your team, listen to what they are saying, still be you, but please learn from this we all make mistakes.
Give it a rest, will you?

Reaction Score

Yes. That is a "fair game" interpretation. And, other teams' recruiting coordinators might seek to encourage that interpretation of the event. Competition is like that.

Strategically, however, we're less vulnerable to recruiting issues than we are to the upcoming <40 games worth of bulletin board quips. We already have a treasure trove of 2014 recruits and are in the running for the top recruit--A'ja--and, as I recall, still very much in the running for 2 to 3 more cream of the crop undecideds. Beyond 2014, this year's WH visit will be superseded by next year's nc tournament and subsequent visit by whomsoever that will be--hopefully our team.

Unless, that is, it is assumed this year's WH event will have multi season legs as a story. It is meaningful, to be sure, but I don't foresee it becoming a legendary, galvanizing event, like the '68 Olympics gesture, that i have mentioned, was.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
GOD BLESS the USA and GOD BLESS the UCONN HUSKIES!!!
And the Boneyard. God Bless the Boneyard.

(oh no, now we're both gonna be in trouble :cool:)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No, I have no desire to apologize to Stef or Kiah, I believe they are the ones who should issue a public apology and should most definitely apologize to their teammates for their poor judgment and inappropriate behavior IMO. Yes, I saw the video and jug doesn't matter that the POTUS eventually conceded and said ok. This was an event that required appropriate attire, appearance and behavior. As a previous poster started CD hours to freeway lengths to make sure these ladies are prepared for the real world and present themselves in a professional,classy manner. The reality is everyone except two off themis. It was obvious they all were enjoying themselves but Stef and Kiah took their joke and "fun" across the line, even if the POTUS didn't mind. Perception IS reality . If it was any other team the boneyard would have had a field day with negative comments. Yes, they are our girls, I love them dearly and this episode doesn't diminish that but they need to recognize there is a time and place for everything AND this event wasn't just about them.

I heard and then read Stef's response in Carl Ademac's column, in my opinion Stef presents herself as a very immature selfish person not a person I could see being a leader of this team. I'm so disappointed as she tries throw Stewie under the bus. Stewie clearly would not take part of bunny gate. I truly believe that she did not mean any disrespect to the president but despite the negative buzz she just wanted to have fun and would do it again if the president was ok with and she already had something planned out for next year if they come back next year? Even after you team told you to stop it with your antics? Stop the attention seeking behavior Stef...you are a great girl but enough already apologize to your team, listen to what they are saying, still be you, but please learn from this we all make mistakes.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. People have the right to express themselves in so many ways in this great country. But fortunately you are in the extreme minority given the new information that has come to light. In fact, you may be the only person who has taken the view you have.

And you are way off base when you say "if this were any other team the BY would have had a field day with negative comments". And you really think Stef is immature and selfish? All I can say is "wow." It's one thing to disagree with the behavior, but to insult Stef like that is way over the line. To quote Jack Nicholson, "go sell your crazy someplace else - we're all stocked up here..."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Why people be ackin so cray cray? :p

Finding Sonny was too easy. ;)

Reaction Score
Well you need to. You also need to apologize to the BY.

I have no doubt you will not. You don't seem like the kind of person who would. IMO.

First, I can recognize there may have been a better way to to respond to this partular situation and yes choice of words, so to Kiah and Stef I apologize for any insulting words or any thing that I said that may be or viewed as inappropriate, my intention was not to be disrespectful.
Sadly, some BY members/posters (what ever we are called) totally missed a critical lesson for Kiah and Stef but more particularly Stef (because of her response) that make sense to reevaluate the way you responded or handled a situation. Hint: Just like I did

For those waiting for an apology to the BY....keep waiting, apologize for what? My opinion? For posting a differing opinion and not agreeing with oh, all is well with theresponse and the BY is now happy. One poster, yes I include myself, does not speak for this board. We can agree to disagree.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We can agree to disagree.

Not on this because you have completely ignored the fact that the president invited what was done and the playfulness of the moment. With the facts now made evident Stef and Kiah did absolutely nothing wrong. If you want to blame anyone blame it on the president for inviting it.

Reaction Score
Give it a rest, will you?
If it bothers you THAT much stop reading! If you read you will notice I'm responding to a post, I have not started any new thread but I do have that right.

Reaction Score
Not on this because you have completely ignored the fact that the president invited what was done and the playfulness of the moment. With the facts now made evident Stef and Kiah did absolutely nothing wrong.
Icebear, I never said what they did was wrong, actually I was aware of what the POTUS said. I still dont believe they were wrong I just think it should have been handled in a different way...jovial yet classy.

Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. People have the right to express themselves in so many ways in this great country. But fortunately you are in the extreme minority given the new information that has come to light. In fact, you may be the only person who has taken the view you have.

And you are way off base when you say "if this were any other team the BY would have had a field day with negative comments". And you really think Stef is immature and selfish? All I can say is "wow." It's one thing to disagree with the behavior, but to insult Stef like that is way over the line. To quote Jack Nicholson, "go sell your crazy someplace else - we're all stocked up here..."

Eric, UCONNGIRL is NOT alone in this. I, and my 2 UConn graduate children and my wife we are all appalled by the VERY stupid and immature behavior of Dolson and Stokes. There is a fine line between a President's banter and what some referred to as demons horns.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Eric, UCONNGIRL is NOT alone in this. I, and my 2 UConn graduate children and my wife we are all appalled by the VERY stupid and immature behavior of Dolson and Stokes. There is a fine line between a President's banter and what some republicans referred to as demons horns.
I will refrain from name calling or insults.

I am just wondering why you still feel this was even after knowing the President invited them to do it.

Demon horns? Seriously?

Reaction Score
Then you need some therapy. Appalled? Please get a grip. Stupid and immature behavior? Have you not read that the President invited them to do it? Please either think before you post, grow up, or go be looney tunes some place else. Frankly I'm appalled by the pair of you with your moronic and insulting comments towards our players.
Sadly, you are more upset by my post on the BY than the actions of 2 UCONN ambassadors (because that is what they are) toward the POTUS that made international news(yes, I know the POTUS was ok with the bunny ears). Internationally, it did not bode well for how Americans are viewed. At the University, President Herbst is receiving numerous calls regarding those antics, do you really believe they are from fans? I doubt it, its more likely from donors and alumni. I wouldn't want to have to do the clean up behind this especially since they are trying to raise millions.

An athlete should get more respect than the POTUS? I believe they are equally deserving, youeveryone is entitled to their opinion even when they don't agree with you..

Reaction Score
I will refrain from name calling or insults.

I am just wondering why you still feel this was even after knowing the President invited them to do it.

Demon horns? Seriously?
Doggydaddy, the "demon horns" have been mention in numerous comments ran in articles across the country, I don't know if they have been in any CT papers but I've seen very negative comments about this incident toward our girls and the POTUS. Goggle the incident and read the comments, it may give some insight into what Pres.Herbst is dealing with .

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Sadly, you are more upset by my post on the BY than the actions of 2 UCONN ambassadors (because that is what they are) toward the POTUS that made international news(yes, I know the POTUS was ok with the bunny ears). Internationally, it did not bode well for how Americans are viewed. At the University, President Herbst is receiving numerous calls regarding those antics, do you really believe they are from fans? I doubt it, its more likely from donors and alumni. I wouldn't want to have to do the clean up behind this especially since they are trying to raise millions.

An athlete should get more respect than the POTUS? I believe they are equally deserving, youeveryone is entitled to their opinion even when they don't agree with you...but you sir sound like the moron.

Internationally, it did not bode well how Americans are view? And you know this how?

Those phone calls came before it came to light that the President invited them to do it. If that was common knowledge right from the beginning, my guess is there would have been few complaining. You think that anyone would donate less because of this? That is what you are implying.

I totally disagree with you about this. Dolson and Stokes are wonderful ambassadors for Uconn. Classy young women who did NOTHING wrong.

Reaction Score
Internationally, it did not bode well how Americans are view? And you know this how?

Those phone calls came before it came to light that the President invited them to do it. If that was common knowledge right from the beginning, my guess is there would have been few complaining. You think that anyone would donate less because of this? That is what you are implying.

I totally disagree with you about this. Dolson and Stokes are wonderful ambassadors for Uconn. Classy young women who did NOTHING wrong.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

An athlete should get more respect than the POTUS? I believe they are equally deserving, youeveryone is entitled to their opinion even when they don't agree with you...but you sir sound like the moron.
So let's recap.

The POTUS meets the players and coaches before the presentation. Probably puts them at ease because that's the type of personality he has (after all he challenged Maya to a game of one on one last time).

They go out on stage. The POTUS gives his presentation. Jokes with the players ("mm-hmm") and gives a Z-snap. Then it comes time for the pictures. Everyone poses with smiles, then the POTUS turns to the players and says "Just no bunny ears". A few seconds later he turns back and says "Ok, go ahead!".

What if no one had taken him up on that? It would have been humiliating for him to invite the players to take part in the fun, only to have them stand there like frozen statues. I still can't for the life of me understand why a few crazed fans are so out of control on this.

And the only people referring to "demon horns" are people in this thread and a couple of blogger type comments. I went and looked at every article I could find on the subject (yes I "goggled" it) and not a single one referred to the players as being an "embarrassment", or "immature", or "stupid". They all referred to it as lighthearted, fun, etc.

Sadly, you are still hysterical over this whole thing and can't seem to keep your mouth shut. Stop embarrassing yourself. Please - for your own sake!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Doggydaddy, the "demon horns" have been mention in numerous comments ran in articles across the country, I don't know if they have been in any CT papers but I've seen very negative comments about this incident toward our girls and the POTUS. Goggle the incident and read the comments, it may give some insight into what Pres.Herbst is dealing with .

And my guess is that most of those comments were made without the knowledge of the President telling them to do it.

At this time Herbst is not dealing with it. There is nothing to deal with.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Just so you know, Eric is passionate Uconn Fan, an interesting, friendly, and engaging person, and a poster of substantial BoneYard history and contribution.

I made this sign for you...

samp0e7ec3ee3e44c65d.jpg

JS

Reaction Score
  • I'm getting a little tired of editing posts to remove personal attacks and occasional political references. Have little time for it right now. Easier to lock this thing, capeesh?

Reaction Score
Internationally- I was referencing the articles and comments made in international news, google please. Actually on this board, [i believe) it has an article about this incident going All the way to London mail, read it and the comments.

I'm not implying the donors won't give not my problem but that President Herbst is doing lots of damage control, and to donors as well but enough of that.

I get it, you dont think they did anything wrong. Agreed I stand by my statement that it was not classy or the expected decorum for the event. "you can't always control what someone else does or the situation but you can control how you respond to it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eric, UCONNGIRL is NOT alone in this. I, and my 2 UConn graduate children and my wife we are all appalled by the VERY stupid and immature behavior of Dolson and Stokes. There is a fine line between a President's banter and what some republicans referred to as demons horns.
"Appalled"? "VERY stupid and immature behavior"? Very insulting to the players given the fact that the president invited them to do so. Shameful attack on the players - unwarranted.

I would be appalled (and horrified) if they spit on the President. Giving him bunny ears after he invited them to do so hardly rises to that level...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom