Team Bus Gets Stuck. Again... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Team Bus Gets Stuck. Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sounds like the bus driver wasn't the issue and it was the bad weather and decision to go for it. welp with this glaring review about this diseny character probelm solver, i say hire him as ad. not like it can get any worse right now right???

You like the Ad about as much as I like AO....why is that? He didn't leave........did he?:oops:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You like the Ad about as much as I like AO....why is that? He didn't leave........did he?:oops:

hundredss of small things not being done. no major things getting don quick. a lot of posturing and networking but not a lot of substance. everyone in the office loves the guy thats friendly and tsalks to all and is jolly. the boss sees that he hasn't got anything done over time. i'm just jumping the gun on what the boss will see in a couple years and by then it will be to late just like the last 1.

uconn needed a quick flip(think real eatate stupid shows) to dress itself up and pimp. instead we got a slow and deliberate course where things are barley getting done and damage was done during the stupid expieremnt.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
HUNDREDS, HAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously man you should interview for the job. Go to Susan's office with your pad and pen and your list of WMs hundreds of short-sightings and how you would have performed better.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HUNDREDS, HAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously man you should interview for the job. Go to Susan's office with your pad and pen and your list of WMs hundreds of short-sightings and how you would have performed better.

do u see how i type on here? how ould they even read my cover letter for more than 5 words before hitting next. but hey, i heard right now jlamb is stealing warde wife behind his back for a 1 night stand. kepp trucking. bbbaaaahhhhh

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
uconn needed a quick flip(think real eatate stupid shows) to dress itself up and pimp. instead we got a slow and deliberate course where things are barley getting done and damage was done during the stupid expieremnt.

This may come as a shock to you, but mature adults don't run around aimlessly, screeching at the top of their lungs for attention nor do other mature adults want to do business with people like that. Just because Warde , and Herbst, don't make a daily announcement of the things they accomplish doesn't mean they're slacking off on their duties.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
u know what? how come snow ploys in this state are orange? becasue they make them easy to see and hopefully that prevents accidents? well , paint them all blue and lets drive our bus behind them from now on. even in the summer. w/e it takes for warde to learn a lesson.

Probably a bit easier to just round up a convoy of 6 or 8 plows and bundle the team into them, instead of using the bus at all.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Being a native Canadian I know a thing or two about blizzards and this one was big even by my standards. Not sure what the issue is here. Until they invent a bus that can fly, these things will happen.
Why don't we have a flying bus? Now that's big time.

th

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When Lew was AD there would have been a couple plows in front of the bus. Warde is not good on details, that has become clear.
Is this speculation or do you know that LP did this?

Reaction Score
Dan Warde Manuel got us invited to the ACC you said. And we turned it down. Thats one thing he definetly did for us. And usually when the team travels to NYC they do so by train. Also you CANT send the kids on a 3 hour bus ride then play a basketball game. Those kids would be so damn tired that we would get blown out. I thought you know about sports. Also with the smart people at the NCAA they only allow you to leave up to either 24 or 48 hours before the game. So leaving earlier wasnt really an option either. Could have pushed the game back to Monday like CCSU did? Maybe we should have a "Division 1 recruit bus driver" Lets get ourself a top 10 in the nation Blizzard driver.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan Warde Manuel got us invited to the ACC you said. And we turned it down. Thats one thing he definetly did for us. And usually when the team travels to NYC they do so by train. Also you CANT send the kids on a 3 hour bus ride then play a basketball game. Those kids would be so damn tired that we would get blown out. I thought you know about sports. Also with the smart people at the NCAA they only allow you to leave up to either 24 or 48 hours before the game. So leaving earlier wasnt really an option either. Could have pushed the game back to Monday like CCSU did? Maybe we should have a "Division 1 recruit bus driver" Lets get ourself a top 10 in the nation Blizzard driver.

1) we use the bus to nyc. ppl here with good iedas have been begging for them to take the train and have a uconn train on metro north 1 year but it never happens. temple takes the train to its games around phili. know why? well the coach makes a bonding excuse thats cute for espn to mention at the end of a sportscenter once a year when they need something. the real reason why is they can't afford a bus. gas ani't cheap. watcha broke ass!

2)my CR games and stories are a lot of fun, we are royally screwed until the acc needs more inventory for espn to up the $ again. if either uconn or cincy win a bcs game next year, the acc will add them right away for the bcs win for perception. its down to literally that stupid of things. why do u think cincy is going all out?!?!?

3)3 hour bus rides? thats long??? old ladies take that daily from the city to mohegan sun. give me a break. u do realize that 99% of college athletes take bus rides and a good amount of them are longer than that. guess what happens on a train or plane? the same thing, they sit in a seat listen to music do homework and jerk the with friends. its called traveling. we take the bus when we can. how do kids get tried form sitting on a bus? are u telling me that the half hour bus ride from storrs to hartford makes all our players 95% batteries charged and not 100% before the game stars? holy crap man, i say build a helicopter pad on the roof of the new cafe and lets land in the dirt parking lot behind xl.

4) when weather isses happen like this, u imediately call the ncaa and either ask for a release of travel requirments or u ask for a breah of gametime based on new travel plans. lville reached out to the ncaa and got here only a couple hours pre game. if they didn't make it the ncaa was going to just delay the game until fit to play. what i sugested with the sunday morning travel would have gotten uconn to shu with almost a hour more time then lville got to uconn. they were new #1 coming into ct, they wern't bitc*ing about it. thats college sports life sometimes. i actually like the plow-police car -bus idea better now fwiw and that makes more sense. so either way, a crapy decision was clearly made.

sean the providence fan is really quite cute here. please continue to post and egg on our special posters from the bball board here who have no clue whats going on overall and jus tlive inside the rainbow box that is uconn basketball. things must be going well in RI that u can take time to come here and see whats going on. oh wait.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Probably a bit easier to just round up a convoy of 6 or 8 plows and bundle the team into them, instead of using the bus at all.

how about 1 plow and we just throw everyone in the back and tie them down?

This may come as a shock to you, but mature adults don't run around aimlessly, screeching at the top of their lungs for attention nor do other mature adults want to do business with people like that. Just because Warde , and Herbst, don't make a daily announcement of the things they accomplish doesn't mean they're slacking off on their duties.

so then its settled, every other president, ad and govt official in college football runs around yelling and screming for there team and we think thats childish and becuase we have high standards we then dont want to play fball with them. gotcha. lville ad? he yelled a bit. he got what he wanted. yea we dont want to be like him or be associated with him. utah govt? same thing. i see. uconn wants to join the ivy league where all is quiet becuase they dont have anything acept academics and endownments. i see it now. we upgrade puck but why? the 1 mil end? why? not screaching and moaning like the res tof college football? i see it now. thanks nan. we have such high standards that were going to kill off athletics and join the ivy. our puck will be great in no time!!! horay!!!

no wonder coach p talks about cuse so much, he knows where we are going and he wants out. just no one informed him that cuse hired a new coach already. don brown took a even salary and a more crapy job why? got out before we hit ivy. he had a ivy HC job last year, DC wasn't going to wet him enough.

ivy!ivy!ivy! thanks for the inside info nan!!!

Reaction Score
how about 1 plow and we just throw everyone in the back and tie them down?

so then its settled, every other president, ad and govt official in college football runs around yelling and screming for there team and we think thats childish and becuase we have high standards we then dont want to play fball with them. gotcha. lville ad? he yelled a bit. he got what he wanted. yea we dont want to be like him or be associated with him. utah govt? same thing. i see. uconn wants to join the ivy league where all is quiet becuase they dont have anything acept academics and endownments. i see it now. we upgrade puck but why? the 1 mil end? why? not screaching and moaning like the res tof college football? i see it now. thanks nan. we have such high standards that were going to kill off athletics and join the ivy. our puck will be great in no time!!! horay!!!

no wonder coach p talks about cuse so much, he knows where we are going and he wants out. just no one informed him that cuse hired a new coach already. don brown took a even salary and a more crapy job why? got out before we hit ivy. he had a ivy HC job last year, DC wasn't going to wet him enough.

ivy!ivy!ivy! thanks for the inside info nan!!!

Honestly, you sound like a dumb ******* 13 year old kid trying to discuss things you don't understand. It's embarrassing to read.

You seem to have no idea how adults deal with adult issues in the real world. I know you're not going to take anyone's advice because you think you're the smartest person here, but (a) you're not, and (b) i think you should stick to making "viva la stool" signs for the next couple years.

And you can save the misspelled, grammatically incoherent response.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Honestly, you sound like a dumb ******* 13 year old kid trying to discuss things you don't understand. It's embarrassing to read.

You seem to have no idea how adults deal with adult issues in the real world. I know you're not going to take anyone's advice because you think you're the smartest person here, but (a) you're not, and (b) i think you should stick to making "viva la stool" signs for the next couple years.

And you can save the misspelled, grammatically incoherent response.

Why didn't you just push the bus from Storrs, CT to Seton Hall University BigE? You clearly have a big head which means a thick neck and so on. This was a small silly issue that no one here was going to challenge or look wrong at until I blew it up. These small issues have happened many times and as usual they go right over heads here for some strange reason. So its time that they all get blow up so that eventually some of you realize what the frick is going on. Storrs is not safe under current leadership.

oh and go fruck yourself and your blue glasses u see thru.

Reaction Score
You didn't blow anything up. It's a non-issue and thankfully reasonable and smarter people are sorting through the real issues of multi platform content distribution, conference alignment, rights fees, how to deal with new players in the ever changing conversation be it NBC/Comcast, Fox, BeInSport, etc. how to play them off against one another versus a bus getting stuck keep focusing on the minutiae and you'll miss the larger picture . I'd venture to guess that it's you that is looking through the proverbial rose colored glasses if you remotely think that you've influenced the conversation beyond this board. If you are influencing it that would be the most damning indictment of the university leadership.

I applaud your passion and I chuckle when you profess to have the slightest clue of how things with Universities, sponsors, conferences, NCAA, and media partners actually get done and the inner workings of those deals.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You didn't blow anything up. It's a non-issue and thankfully reasonable and smarter people are sorting through the real issues of multi platform content distribution, conference alignment, rights fees, how to deal with new players in the ever changing conversation be it NBC/Comcast, Fox, BeInSport, etc. how to play them off against one another versus a bus getting stuck keep focusing on the minutiae and you'll miss the larger picture . I'd venture to guess that it's you that is looking through the proverbial rose colored glasses if you remotely think that you've influenced the conversation beyond this board. If you are influencing it that would be the most damning indictment of the university leadership.

I applaud your passion and I chuckle when you profess to have the slightest clue of how things with Universities, sponsors, conferences, NCAA, and media partners actually get done and the inner workings of those deals.
Well you missed the part where Susan called Dan out on the radio. Not by name or by his twitter or by his BY account, but she called him out.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You didn't blow anything up. susan doesn't even know i exist? It's a non-issue wrong and thankfully reasonable and smarter people are sorting through the real issues of multi platform content distribution,doig a killer job hugh? conference alignmenttook a vacation to a island while lville was on its knees, rights fees, how to deal with new players in the ever changing conversation be it NBC/Comcast(espn is down the street, either they help or bomb them), Fox, BeInSport, etc. hows 2 mil for everything taste? not womens bball, everything. stfu how to play them off against one another versus a bus getting stuck keep focusing on the minutiae and you'll miss the larger picture .are u trying to say warde has a clue on tv stuff? did u not hear his monitoring answer over and over again!?!?! then susan skipped the img thing in protest and that didn't help. blue galsses buddy, take them off. I'd venture to guess that it's you that is looking through the proverbial rose colored glasses if you remotely think that you've influenced the conversation beyond this board.i have If you are influencing it that would be the most damning indictment of the university leadership. glad u are waking up now.

I applaud your passion and I chuckle when you profess to have the slightest clue of how things with Universities, sponsors, conferences, NCAA, and media partners actually get done and the inner workings of those deals. u would be surprised the things i know and the things i make up in fun on here.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I guess I should have used the sarcasm tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom